Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today has a pair of all-time low deals on Apple's 24-inch iMac, starting with the entry-level 7-core GPU/256GB model in Green for $1,199.00, down from $1,299.00. This $100 off sale is only available in Green, and it's currently in stock and ready to ship from Amazon.

imac-color-options.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Amazon's sale represents a new record low price for this model of the 24-inch M1 iMac, beating the previous low by about $30. It's currently the only major Apple reseller offering the 24-inch iMac at this price.

You can also still save on the 8-core GPU/256GB 24-inch iMac, priced at $1,349.99, down from $1,499.00. This one is available in Blue, Orange, and Yellow, and you'll need to wait to see the final sale price in your cart, after an automatic coupon is applied to the order.

Final price includes $100 taken off at checkout.

Similar to the entry-level M1 iMac, this sale is an all-time low price on this model. It's shipped and sold directly from Amazon, with delivery available for February 18-21 for most colors.

You can keep track of ongoing sales on Apple's iMac line by visiting our Best iMac Deals guide. There, we keep track of the best iMac offers from Amazon, Adorama, B&H Photo, and other retailers, so be sure to check back often if you're shopping for an iMac for the first time, or thinking of upgrading.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's 24-Inch iMac Hits New Low Price of $1,199 ($100 Off)

Last edited:
Reactions: russell_314

russell_314

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2019
USA
That’s a pretty good deal. I would go for the 8 core GPU model if you’re doing anything more than web browsing and office docs because it has an upgraded cooling system, Touch ID, Ethernet jack and a probably a few other things I can’t remember.

Edit: I’m not sure if it’s a mistake with the article or Amazon is being weird but the 8 core GPU model that’s listed in the article for $1349.99 is showing up on Amazon when I click that link as $1449.99. That would be $100 more.

Razorpit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2021
That’s a pretty good deal. I would go for the 8 core GPU model if you’re doing anything more than web browsing and office docs because it has an upgraded cooling system, Touch ID, Ethernet jack and a probably a few other things I can’t remember.

Edit: I’m not sure if it’s a mistake with the article or Amazon is being weird but the 8 core GPU model that’s listed in the article for $1349.99 is showing up on Amazon when I click that link as $1449.99. That would be $100 more.
Because Bezos knows you want it. ?

russell_314

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Because Bezos knows you want it. ?
No I already have one ?

I love it but not crazy about being attached to the desk so thinking about a MacBook Air if they ever release a new one. I love silver MacBooks but if there’s a blue option that’s going to be really hard to pass up ?

reyesmac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Central Texas
I've used Macs for a real long time and I'm just never satisfied with base configuration Macs. Not because they can't do anything when you buy them, thats the only time they really shine. Once you get a few OS updates and have all your programs in them and try to do real work on them instead of content consumption regularly, they start to show their age pretty quick. And the low drive space means you could run out of space long before the computer is no longer useful.

Max ram and larger drivers are the best way to future proof your investment but Apple made that more difficult by forcing you to pay them instead of pay as you go.

If you spec all the imacs (they all come with 8gb ram) to 16gb ram and 512gb drive, this is what the prices look like.

NEW IMAC w/less ports $1,700

NEW IMAC $1,900

IMAC 27in i5 $2,200

IMAC 27 i7 $2,500

IMAC 27 i9 $2,900

New iMacs on sale are a good deal for now but you are better off selling it after the next model comes out and getting the newer model than keeping a machine with base specs long term now that its impossible to upgrade the internals.

earthTOmitchel

Contributing Editor
Staff member
Mar 6, 2015
Louisiana

If you're looking at the 8-core model, you'll notice that the Blue, Orange, and Yellow colors have a coupon code that will be applied at checkout. So, you'll see the deal price at checkout, not on the product page.

Reactions: Weaselboy

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008

Do you view MR in dark mode?

mansplains

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2021
If you spec all the imacs (they all come with 8gb ram) to 16gb ram
Remember that 27" iMacs have access to RAM on their back so you can get slightly cheaper prices than what Apple offers for the upgrade to 16GB. I personally upped mine from 8GB to 24GB with a kit from OWC that was still less than what Apple would charge for 16GB.

Reactions: Razorpit

siddavis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2009
You save the $100 at checkout (down to $1349.99). At least that's what I see.

upthetoffees

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
I tell you what, if the ipad 27" ends up also being an ipad on a stick, I'm done with all this. The last thing I want. I don't like the colours of the 24", or the design, one bit, but then it's probably not made for me. I hope it's more like the 27 imac pro or current 27 but with better heat handling.

Circa1984

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2013
Many, many years ago I was in line at an electronics store and the guy in front of me was returning his Mac. Being a fan boy I asked him why? And his reply was, "I spent a lot of money on this computer, more than any PC ... when I started it up, within hours I was getting 'out of memory errors' ... I'm not dealing with that shxt" He bought an entry level Mac (still very expensive) and Apple cheated him on the RAM needed to even run well on day 1!

Fast forward to 2022 ... Apple's base models solely exist to be able to claim 'Prices start at $xxxx', Apple continues to use this strategy, cheating people on RAM and storage (they took three years too many to finally get rid of their cheap to procure spinning hard drives!) Maybe one day all Macs will have no less than the RAM and storage needed for a great user experience (IMO Today's minimum should be 16GB of RAM and 512GB drives) ... especially since on chip RAM is vastly cheaper to make ... and users can no longer upgrade it!

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
In addition to (1) 8 core GPU, (2) 2 fans (vs. 1), (3) Touch ID, and (4) Gigabit Ethernet:
  • 4 USB-C ports (vs. 2 USB-C/TB)
  • Available in yellow, orange, and purple
For $150 more, these benefits are no brainer for me, especially for Touch ID and 2 additional ports. It's too bad these discounted iMacs do not come with Magic Trackpad though.

russell_314

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Why can’t they just default to 512 GBs?
Why force people to pay for more storage when they don’t need it?

The biggest problem with people giving advice is they don’t listen to what the person needs but just give out advice on what works for them. This could be helpful sometimes but other times it’s not. It’s like if you ask a gamer they will say you need a 120 Hz monitor. Everyone doesn’t need a 120 Hz monitor but a gamer would give you the advice to get one.

For browsing the web or general computing 256 GB is more than enough. Some people store all their documents in the cloud. Right now I’m using 79 GB on my iMac. Advising everyone that they need extra amount of storage as some minimum other than what’s needed for updates and keep plenty of free space (50% or so) on the drive isn’t really helpful. Instead of wasting that money on storage they’ve could to spend that money on something else.

Similar to this I’ve seen people 16 or even 32 GB of RAM is needed as a minimum. That’s another thing that’s not good advice for everyone. It’s great advice for some people but terrible advice for others.

russell_314

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2019
USA
In addition to (1) 8 core GPU, (2) 2 fans (vs. 1), (3) Touch ID, and (4) Gigabit Ethernet:
  • 4 USB-C ports (vs. 2 USB-C/TB)
  • Available in yellow, orange, and purple
For $150 more, these benefits are no brainer for me, especially for Touch ID and 2 additional ports. It's too bad these discounted iMacs do not come with Magic Trackpad though.
You can order the magic trackpad separately from my understanding. I’m tempted to call Apple and order one for my iMac. I guess the worst thing they can say is no

russell_314

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2019
USA
You can order the magic trackpad separately from my understanding. I’m tempted to call Apple and order one for my iMac. I guess the worst thing they can say is no
OK just in case anyone wants to do this apparently Apple did this in the past but now the only way you can get the color trackpads is by buying the whole system again. I love Apple products but sometimes Apple does the dumbest things when it comes to customer relations ?‍♂️?

Reactions: Razorpit

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I contacted Apple and you cannot order Magic Trackpad in anything but silver.

And with build-to-order, you pay only the difference ($50) to substitute Magic Mouse with MagicTrackpad.

I guess alternative to some is to order iMac via Apple's education pricing ($1249 for entry-level and $1399 for mid-level).

VaruLV

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2019
Still overpriced for base M1 and 8/256 configuration, the same can be said about 16/515/TB versions, just way overpriced imho. I can get base MBP 14" for the price of 16/512 iMac 24.
I do understand that these are two different machines.
Its probably not a bad computer, but few hundred euros too expensive for what it is.

ignatius345

macrumors 601
Aug 20, 2015
But it has a white bezel…
Not an actual issue in real life usage. The screen is brighter than the white of the bezel, so appears more of a medium gray to the eye. When you're looking at a product shot it looks like it will stand out, but when you're using it it completely fades away. Like this:

IMG_4066.jpg

Focus on the actual screen instead of fixating on the bezels and it's absolutely not an issue.

Reactions: goro123

VaruLV

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2019
ome people store all their documents in the cloud. Right now I’m using 79 GB on my iMac. Advising everyone that they need ex
I strongly disagree - its not about customers paying more for an upgraded RAM or SSD, its about Apple asking exorbitant prices for paltry 8/256 combo instead of just putting in 16/512 as base FOR THE SAME PRICE.
Because, lets be real, they can afford it and we deserve it, for the prices we are paying for Apple products, its a hefty premium!

• Disagree
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.