Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Adorama today has further discounted Apple's 14-inch MacBook Pro, beating the current Amazon sale on the 8-core 512GB model by about $50. You can get the 512GB 14-inch MacBook Pro for $1,899.00, down from $1,999.00.

14in-MacBook-Pro-Deals-Red-Orange.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This is now the best deal we've ever tracked on this MacBook Pro model among the major Apple resellers online, and as of writing it's only available at Adorama. Adorama lists the notebook as "coming soon," so the MacBook Pro won't ship out immediately, but you can still lock in the sale price today ahead of a later shipping date.

You can find even more discounts on other MacBooks by visiting our Best Deals guide for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. In this guide we track the steepest discounts for the newest MacBook models every week, so be sure to bookmark it and check back often if you're shopping for a new Apple notebook.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's 512GB 14-Inch MacBook Pro Drops to New Low of $1,899 ($100 Off)

Last edited:

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Can I plug this in, close the lid, and run it as a server?

I have been waiting for a new mini because 99% of the time I don't need a mac on the go, but if the Macs are basically going to all be the same I could toss this on a shelf and only touch it when I need to manage it.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Don’t worry kids, it’s only gonna get better from here on out: Black Friday, Holiday Specials, spring clearance, back to school. If you can, just hold out.
Deals might not be quite as aggressive this year with the supply chain issues.

Reactions: bossfan61

RockTheGlobe

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2002
Denver, CO
I like Adorama, but they're still showing "pre-order" on all the 16" models on their website. I preordered mine last week from them since MacRumors said they were getting a shipment on the 26th to distribute to customers, and their website even said they would ship them out on the 26th when I ordered mine, but my order status is still listed as "backordered" with no estimated ship date in sight.

SilverWalker

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2021
Can I plug this in, close the lid, and run it as a server?

I have been waiting for a new mini because 99% of the time I don't need a mac on the go, but if the Macs are basically going to all be the same I could toss this on a shelf and only touch it when I need to manage it.
You mean keep it awake even though the lid is closed? Good question. There is a setting in Battery in Settings 'Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off' but I think the lid needs to be open.
In terms of keep the lid shut, without an external monitor plugged in - there is an app on the appstore that does it apparently. A quick google of 'keep macbook pro awake even with screen closed' - one result suggested an app called Amphetamine. The article says it works, and is free but I haven't checked it out, and have no idea - so obviously use at your own risk - but it is on the Appstore.

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
I have the M1 MBA which has been perfect for me. I'm trying to talk myself in to buying the 14" MBP just because of the slightly larger screen. I would never utilize the increase in HP between it and my MBA because I mainly use my laptop for web browsing and watching YouTube videos when I'm not home.

Someone convince me to upgrade! lol

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2015
If you're looking for the bare minimum then hold on for some deals or if you're a student but deals don't go towards even minor customization.

Lucas Curious

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2020
I have the M1 MBA which has been perfect for me. I'm trying to talk myself in to buying the 14" MBP just because of the slightly larger screen. I would never utilize the increase in HP between it and my MBA because I mainly use my laptop for web browsing and watching YouTube videos when I'm not home.

dont upgrade unless you really really want the slight increase in screen but get hit with the additional bulk and weight. probably extra .7 lb

is browsing really going to give you a better look on the new screen? probably not
im also debating whether I should wait for the upcoming 12-13" MacBook or get the busy 14 screen as a decent in-between. ill go to apple store today to play with it.
I find even the 12 " was good for browsing and writing. The bigger screens are better for design, editing, animation, photos where you have tools and preview window looking for details.

My ideal reading/writing screen is one where I can see almost everything looking in one direction without making much eye movement. on 16" inch I still move my eyes to look around so perhaps I should get rid of it.

bradman83

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2020
Buffalo, NY

Wait until the next generation MBA before deciding. Current rumors indicate they could increase the screen size slightly so you’d get your slightly bigger screen but retain the lightweight form factor with superior battery life (to say nothing about the much lower cost).

Reactions: amartinez1660

TechGuy327

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2014

Maybe wait until the the new MacBook Airs are announced. They may increase the screen size on them. I wish they would make a 14 and 16 inch MBAs.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
I wish they made a 16" Air, I just want a larger screen without all the bulk, all I do is write and compile simple programs.

I would think this sort of work is a major use case to consider for a lot of developers.

Same -- a larger Air is basically my dream machine

They'd sell a ton of them. I'm not sure why they won't make one.

Reactions: TechGuy327

Lucas Curious

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2020

I just came back form the Apple store. I have a 14" on order but my visit turned me off. I jsut didn't see anything special in the new Macs. I tried to see something better in the new screens but couldn't really tell the difference. The aluminum looks lighter and kinda cheaply like aluminum items made in china. maybe it was the lighting. the 14" doesnt really look much different form the 13" when I was resizing windows. Lifting up the Air and the 14, threw me into dilemma. I'm jsut going to keep using my intel 16" and wait for the goodies to come out mid 2022. Maybe ill even wait until the M2 Pros and grab a discounted M1 Pro. I'm just not feeling it and its not about the money. I have the money ready. Im just not feeling the sizes and weight of these Macs. I say Wait for the 2022 revisions because if you want a light MacBook, the 14" isnt it. I'm kinda leaning for a M2 Air and iMac Pro combo for best of both worlds because what really caught my eyes was the 24 inch iMac in silver. That screen is the ideal size. 2022 is my year!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010

If it is just the screen, I’d suggest waiting for the new MacBook/MacBook Air in mid-2022. If it gets an M2 processor, it will actually be slightly faster in single-core tasks (though slower in multi-core and GPU tasks), and likely will remain less than 3 lbs. with a similar expanded screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.