Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today we're tracking the return of a rare discount on Apple's 10.2-inch 64GB Wi-Fi iPad from 2021. You can get this tablet for $299.00 on Amazon, down from $329.00.

ipad-blue-holiday.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This sale is only available in Space Gray, and it's shipped and sold by Amazon. We're still experiencing shipping delays following the Christmas holiday, and the iPad today is no exception as it has an estimated delivery date of late January. Since we don't know when this sale will come back once it's gone, it's still a good idea to lock in this rare all-time low price today.

For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's 64GB Wi-Fi iPad Returns to Lowest Price of $299 on Amazon ($30 Off)

MrMacintoshIII

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2019
I actually can’t recommend this, as it’s just too old and outdated from a design perspective at this point, but also from a hardware perspective.

What will really be interesting is if apple ever offers an iPad Mini/Air styled iPad, but at the $299 pricepoint.

In compromise maybe that model of redesigned iPad could use an even older processor, but come on. Enough with the home button and bezels, it’s getting embarrassing.

Even the next iPhone SE is going to lose its home button soon when it gets modeled after the XR, so rumored.

Isengardtom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2009
I actually can’t recommend this, as it’s just too old and outdated from a design perspective at this point, but also from a hardware perspective.

What will really be interesting is if apple ever offers an iPad Mini/Air styled iPad, but at the $299 pricepoint.

In compromise maybe that model of redesigned iPad could use an even older processor, but come on. Enough with the home button and bezels, it’s getting embarrassing.

Even the next iPhone SE is going to lose its home button soon when it gets modeled after the XR, so rumored.
I don’t expect that to happen to the iPad before 2024-2025

next update is likely going to be lamination / maybe 10.5“

next SE is likely a spec bump too

locovaca

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2002
Iowa

It’s a slab of metal with a screen on top. There’s nothing about the design that makes this unworthy of purchase. And the A13 is a fine chip and 64 GB is a good entry level option, especially at this price point.

Tripps9000

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2021
I bought this iPad and I think it is a good deal true it has old hardware but I am good with that nice to have some iPad Pro features that come with it to??

Reactions: Huck

CheesePuff

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
Southwest Florida, USA
I bought this iPad and I think it is a good deal true it has old hardware but I am good with that nice to have some iPad Pro features that come with it to??
it may have an old design but the A13 is no slouch and only 2 years old, has double the starting storage, big front camera improvement that supports Center Stage (even the new iPad Air doesn't) and True Tone display

GaryGnu

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2019
I bought this iPad as well. I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on this for a while, but was going to wait until delivery days were more than a month away. It's a replacement for an original iPad Air purchased back in...well, it was the hot iPad at the time, so 2013? It's a daily driver for reading books and news sites and things. It's been holding up strong, but I have one application that is requiring something above IOS 12 to run, which is why I've been thinking about updating it. I figure, if the old 8 year old Air is still basically going strong, then even if this is underpowered/old/outdated, I figure it should last almost as long, which is pretty good value for *my* money. Your money might have different opinions.

For what it's worth, I'm still on my Watch 3, which is also running just as smooth today as it was date of purchase.

Reactions: TMax

joshwithachance

macrumors 68000
Dec 11, 2009
I wish the screen didn't suck so bad on these because otherwise it's a fantastic device. But I personally can't deal with the washed out colors and lack of a laminated display.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Such snobbery from users here! This iPad is actually excellent. You might moan about the non-laminated screen but everything else is great. I recently bought my parents both one of these and it’s excellent. At the end of the day it does the same thing as the pro model and why would anyone spend that amount that doesn’t need it?

There is a place for all these products and not everyone needs the top end price model.

Hrodriguez77

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2017
NJ
I ordered one from Target Tuesday, it’s being delivered today. Full price but no month wait.
I ordered one as a gift for my dad at full price from Best Buy ($329). As soon as i saw this advertised, I was able to get them to make a price match adjustment and got credited $30.

Reactions: kltmom

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I ended up getting the $30 off the 256gb version $449 from Walmart. I'm super impressed with this iPad I've owned other iPads and I have an 11" M1 iPad so I can judge it, the screen, and performance is top notch. I will be using this iPad outside the house I'm hesitant to drag my $1500 iPad around but this one not so much.

1BadManVan

macrumors demi-god
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
I wish the screen didn't suck so bad on these because otherwise it's a fantastic device. But I personally can't deal with the washed out colors and lack of a laminated display.
Displays got bumped up sRGB specs this year with True Tone. And I have an 11“ iPad Pro and a 6th gen in my house. Definitely better colours but the laminated display is barely the stand out difference

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
Displays got bumped up sRGB specs this year with True Tone. And I have an 11“ iPad Pro and a 6th gen in my house. Definitely better colours but the laminated display is barely the stand out difference
I did a side by side with the 2021 11" pro and there's less of a difference than you would think

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.