Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Pre-holiday discounts on Apple's AirPods lineup have continued to appear in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving and Black Friday, and today we're highlighting some of the best ongoing deals you can find. Starting with the AirPods Pro with MagSafe Charging Case, you can get this model for $189.99 on Amazon and Target, down from $249.00.

new-airpods-pro-holiday.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This sale is the best ongoing discount on the AirPods Pro with MagSafe Charging Case, and it's continually beaten the sale price on the regular 2019 AirPods Pro model over the last few weeks. Both Amazon and Target have stock and are ready to ship the AirPods Pro out today, and Target is offering the same sale in stores, stock permitting.

Secondly, the AirPods 2 with Wired Charging Case is available for $89.00, down from $159.00. This early Black Friday sale price is only available at Walmart as of writing, and it's a great deal for anyone okay with investing in an older AirPods model.

Lastly, if you want the newest AirPods, Amazon does have the AirPods 3 at a discounted price, although a very slight one. You can get the newest AirPods model for $174.98, down from $179.00.

We track sales for every model of the AirPods in our Best AirPods Deals guide, so be sure to bookmark that page while you shop around for the wireless headphones.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's AirPods Pro With MagSafe Return to $189.99 ($59 Off)

mrat93

macrumors 68000
Dec 30, 2006
If the iPhone 12 and later can charge the Magsafe Battery Pack wirelessly, is it feasible that Apple could enable iPhones to charge the AirPods Pro (with Magsafe case) as well?

Reactions: yesyesyes

MrMojo1

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
New England
For those that dislike having something placed into their ear canal but just sit on the outside of the ears or don't care for ANC/Transparency modes... AirPods 3 for $174

For those that don't mind having something placed into their ear canal and care for ANC/Transparency modes... AirPods Pro for $189

Something to think about considering the $15 difference.
If you have the money, could consider getting both as a treat for the holidays. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: adamjackson

mfm77

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
NJ
I've had the AirPods 2 since their release but am tempted to pull the trigger on the Pros.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Little bit leery on Amazon one, it says New Apple Airpods Pro, but no where does it mention Magsafe, as opposed to the Target site.

Also Discover has a targeted discount if you use points, for either 30% for some 0r 40% for others. When I add to cart my discount is 40% bringing total to $159.30.

new airpod pros.jpg

Last edited:

dog.cow

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2014
Planet Earth
I sold my Pro’s for £130 and bought the 3’s for £169.

Pros were 2 years old and as much as I wanted to I just couldn’t get used to the silicon tips. Every Ear Tip Fit Test I did failed and I was always conscious there was something stuck in my ear.

These 3’s are outstanding. They sit on my ears instead of in them. The sound quality is as good as the Pro’s and I don’t miss the silicon tips one iota.

wilee

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
And remember that Costco always had Pros for $189, but now they say it will end on 11/14

wilee

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
Little bit leery on Amazon one, it says New Apple Airpods Pro, but no where does it mention Magsafe, as opposed to the Target site.

Also Discover has a targeted discount if you use points, for either 30% for some 0r 40% for others. When I add to cart my discount is 40% bringing total to $159.30.
Can you please elaborate how exactly you got the discount - when I use my Discover as a payment method nothing happens

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Can you please elaborate how exactly you got the discount - when I use my Discover as a payment method nothing happens
Got this link for popular deal site. Don't know I can post name but here is the link I used:

And on same deal page from other site:

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
AirPods Pro is in an awkward position between AirPods 3 and the new Beats Fit Pro.. I’d just wait for the next Pro. It could use more battery life, better IP rating and improved audio.

ThomasJL

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2008
Tim Cook has destroyed Apple naming conventions. The name “MagSafe” was originally meant to refer to using magnets to keep a product safe from damage due to falling.

Jorbanead

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2018
Tim Cook has destroyed Apple naming conventions. The name “MagSafe” was originally meant to refer to using magnets to keep a product safe from damage due to falling.
You do know that Apple marketing are the ones who come up with these names right? While the CEO of course can veto anything, they’re not typically ones to come up with product names.

An almost 3T company, I am willing to bet Apple marketing is much more qualified than you to name products. Clearly something they’re doing is working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.