Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon is offering discounts on Apple's 24-inch M1 iMac in two configurations this week. Discounts start with the 7-core GPU with 256GB, priced at $1,249.00, down from $1,299.00. This sale is only available in Silver.

iMac-M1-Raindow-Feature-Spread-out.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This markdown is a match of the previous record low price on this version of the M1 iMac. No other retailers are matching the sale as of writing, so you'll only find this deal on Amazon.

In another new sale, Amazon is offering $49 off the M1 iMac with the 8-core GPU and 512GB of storage, priced at $1,649.99, down from $1,699.00. These iMacs are sold directly from Amazon and both are available to ship today.

You can keep track of ongoing sales on Apple's iMac line by visiting our Best iMac Deals guide. There, we keep track of the best iMac offers from Amazon, Adorama, B&H Photo, and other retailers, so be sure to check back often if you're shopping for an iMac for the first time, or thinking of upgrading.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's M1 iMac Available for Lowest-Ever Prices on Amazon

siddavis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2009
Supply chain shortages make "deals" like this actually seem decent! :oops:
I'm still gonna wait for iMac Pro and I just hope I'm not shocked at the prices.

nylonsteel

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2010
re: pic
nice colors but - would have like to see gun metal or black as an option

Reactions: cb3

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
I've been waiting to purchase one for a few months but availability has been so limited I haven't been able too. Best Buy locally shows a base green or blue and I can't decide what color I want.

kiranmk2

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2008
These sales continue to frustrate, as the 16GB models are never included. It's weird how Apple make phones capable of many years of speedy use, but cripple Macs with spinning discs, limited RAM etc.
I am coming around to the idea of regularly switching your Mac and then buying only what you need for the next two years or so. Yes -there's the hassle of arranging to sell your old machine, but generally the base model looses let value over time than the upgraded models and it means that you don't waste money buying extra RAM when by the time you need it, the CPU is getting a bit long in the tooth / missing out on new OS features.

Reactions: sahni130

warpdrive

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2013
for a person just needing a base com
I am coming around to the idea of regularly switching your Mac and then buying only what you need for the next two years or so. Yes -there's the hassle of arranging to sell your old machine, but generally the base model looses let value over time than the upgraded models and it means that you don't waste money buying extra RAM when by the time you need it, the CPU is getting a bit long in the tooth / missing out on new OS features.

I dunno. Given that the last model lasted 10 years, that means you would be rebuying the same looking 24" model at least 3 times during the product cycle. At least when you upgrade your phone, you get a new design every 2-3 years.

sw1tcher

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
I dunno. Given that the last model lasted 10 years, that means you would be rebuying the same looking 24" model at least 3 times during the product cycle. At least when you upgrade your phone, you get a new design every 2-3 years.
Change things up by getting a different color iMac each time :p

Reactions: kiranmk2

Eggtastic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
The headline, although correct, made it seem like we were getting $100+ or more. My mistake to think apple would ever be that generous.

As someone else said, better off visiting the refurb store.

ignatius345

macrumors 601
Aug 20, 2015
These sales continue to frustrate, as the 16GB models are never included. It's weird how Apple make phones capable of many years of speedy use, but cripple Macs with spinning discs, limited RAM etc.

I wouldn't call an M1 iMac with 8GB of RAM "crippled".

kiranmk2

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2008
for a person just needing a base com

It's more about maintaining the top-end performance and latest features. I'll be honest, I haven't adopted this tactic yet as I also used to be a buy high and keep for longer but I do notice that in the last few years before I buy again, my Mac is really showing its age performance-wise (and misses out on MacOS features). I'm not 100% confident that the regular refresh is cheaper, but I think it will be close and that extra bit of money goes to always having high performance, latest hardware/OS features and not having to worry about a dying battery (as my current 2014 MBA 'service battery' warning has recently appeared). I think I'll look to get a M2 MBA in one of the stock configurations when it comes out and then run the numbers 18-24 months after that when the M3 or M4 version is released

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.