Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Yesterday we shared a new discount event happening at AT&T, where you can get 15 percent off select Apple accessories this fall. One notable accessory in the sale was the MagSafe Battery Pack, but it was out of stock. Today, however, that's changed, and you can now order the MagSafe Battery Pack for $84.15, down from $99.00.

magsafe-battery-pack-feature.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This sale has been applied automatically, so you won't need a discount code. This is one of the first discounts that we've tracked on the MagSafe Battery Pack since it launched in July. You can also save on the accessory when bundling with other devices at Verizon.

The MagSafe Battery Pack magnetically attaches to the iPhone 12 or iPhone 13, providing wireless charging while traveling. In total, the accessory is compatible with the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max.

Be sure to check out our previous coverage on AT&T's sale, including 15 percent off the MagSafe Charger, MagSafe Duo Charger, iPhone 13 cases, AirTag Leather Loops, and more. You can also visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's MagSafe Battery Pack Drops to $84.15 ($15 Off)

coachgq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
I really wanted to like it, but 5w charging is a killer. Magnets aren’t strong enough for me to not bump it off at any moment and by the time I do bump it, the battery has increased 2%. Sold them on eBay about a week after buying.

Reactions: Moi Ici

robvalentine

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2014
I just brought a belkin one with magnets off amazon for 30% of the cost. Big battery and you can use cable. And it’s black

munpip214

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Good luck getting this to work with iOS15. Doesn't seem like many things do. Have to wait for iOS15.8...

ray6088

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2013
I love using it. You need to know how does it work. It is good as charging the phone while not using the phone. It prevents the heat damage of the phone battery. I bought the 3rd party knock off brand and got the phone very warm. It's warm enough not to pick up the phone and the battery health went downhill very quick from 99% to 94% in 2 weeks.

fishbert

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2009
They need to bring back the battery cases. This mag safe pack is a joke.
I really wish they would. Wireless makes very little sense for battery packs, considering the inefficiencies involved. Unless people actually want to carry around slower, heavier, bulkier battery packs. ?‍♂️

Spanther

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2020
Just played with one at the Apple Store.

This thing is DOA. It's going to fall off at some point AND it makes the phone extraordinarily awkward to handle.

Thanks. I hate it.

ALSO... the magnets in the Apple Wallet need to be stronger. It's actually a great idea, but it is easy to slide it off.

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
I was interested, especially as a mini iPhone user which fits perfectly, until I saw this:

Same.

He obliterates it with plain facts and logic. Seemed like a cool idea, but NOPE.

I have always thought wireless charging without a metal to metal connection was a stupid waste of electricity. I know there are multiple battery packs with wireless charging these days, but it is just a waste of carrying an extra brick around with you. You don't get anywhere near the same efficiency and charge to your phone as you would with a cable.

I'll stick with my Anker 10,000mah PD 18W(looks like they came out with a 20W now too) slim battery packs that are basically smaller than the phone. I have a 5 inch USB-C to lightning cable that works great if you HAVE to pack them both around(or leave it charging in a bag or pocket), or just a normal 3 ft cable works fine too.

You get a few full charges and quick...

1633032660230.png

Reactions: kk200

subi257

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2018
New Jersey
I have 2 of the Anker battery packs. I keep the in my back pack and never remember that they are there until I need to use them....that's when I find that they have self discharged somewhat, so between the 2 of the them I can bring the iPhone 11 Pro...now 13 Pro from near dead to 755 before both of the battery packs are dead.

cypressc

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2014
Austin, TX
I really like mine - but honestly, the battery of the 13 Pro Max is SICK - and most days I don't even get below 50% without it, and I'm a pretty heavy user.

Reactions: Lestdog

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I was shocked by how this pack was when I checked it out at the Apple store

makes the silicone hump ones seem... slim and attractive.

Lestdog

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
I really like mine - but honestly, the battery of the 13 Pro Max is SICK - and most days I don't even get below 50% without it, and I'm a pretty heavy user.
13 pro is pretty solid too.. not a super power user but my XS used to be almost drained by end of day. 13 pro is still over 50%.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.