Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

B&H Photo today has the second generation HomePod for $279.99, down from $299.00. This sale is only available in the White color, and it's just $0.99 away from being a match of the all-time low price on this HomePod.

HomePod-2-White-and-Midnight-Feature-Blue-Orange.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with B&H Photo. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

It's been nearly six months since we last tracked a record low price on the 2023 HomePod, so if you've been waiting for a good deal this is the time to jump on a sale. B&H Photo provides free two-day shipping in the contiguous United States.

Apple introduced the new HomePod back in January, and it features new temperature and humidity sensors, improved sound and microphone technology, and HomeKit and Matter support. Today's discount at B&H Photo is the just the second time we've seen a near all-time low price on the 2023 HomePod.

We track the best deals on HomePod every week, so be sure to bookmark our guide if you're on the hunt for solid HomePod discounts. You can also visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's New HomePod Hits Rare $279.99 Low Price

simon the diver

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2010
I love the HomePod 2. I've never heard one play or seen one in the flesh but its launched caused the second hand value of the 1st gen HomePod to crater. As a consequence I now have 4 original HomePods, acquired at an average price of around £100 each. The HomePod might actually be my favourite Apple Product, even if they don't play BBC Radio directly

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
I love the HomePod 2. I've never heard one play or seen one in the flesh but its launched caused the second hand value of the 1st gen HomePod to crater. As a consequence I now have 4 original HomePods, acquired at an average price of around £100 each. The HomePod might actually be my favourite Apple Product, even if they don't play BBC Radio directly
The HomePod mini are also amazing devices… amazing sound volume and quality considering their size. Maybe in future I’d get a regular HomePod… but for my use I just can’t justify that cost.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
That's great to know. I have two 1st gen ones myself -- one I bought new, and another I bought (barely) used on eBay to make a stereo pair with the first one. They sound *much* better in pairs.

Reactions: FriendlyMackle

satchmo

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2008
Canada

Have you had any issues with those original HomePods?

I've read many have, but maybe software updates have fixed all that.

mike1123

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
Why is B&H promoted so heavily on here?

I’ve heard mixed opinions on them. When in US I never heard or knew anyone who had bought Apple stuff from them.
B&H is one of the few remaining great authorized resellers, in my opinion. Both them and Adorama are similar. I have bought Macs from both. Top notch customer service and quick shipping. Their store in NYC is amazing if you ever visit.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011

I’ve heard mixed opinions on them. When in US I never heard or knew anyone who had bought Apple stuff from them.

Probably because B&H is an outstanding supplier of a wide range of tech goods; cameras/lenses/accessories, lighting, computers, printers, consumer audio gear, professional video and audio equipment, TVs, drones, digital pianos, and yes, Apple stuff. I recently purchased an M2 16" MBP from B&H.

I've been dealing with B&H for 20 years. Always a great experience, fast shipping, pleasant and knowledgeable people, and never a bad experience.

0ceans

macrumors member
May 17, 2021

They are not a huge national chain like Best Buy. But if you're in New York, it's the absolute best brick and mortar retail spot for audiovisual equipment.

They were fairly popular online because up until a few years ago, they didn't charge any sales tax if your shipping address was outside of NY/NJ. Coupled with the fact that they often post the best deals on Apple stuff, and the fact that they're 100% legit authorized, it was very often the best place to buy.

Now that they charge sales tax regardless of your shipping address, it's not quite the steal it used to be, but they still feature some of the best discounts on Apple hardware. If you browse their Macbook Pros right now, you'll find a new-in-box M1 Max / 1TB / 32GB 16.2" MBP for US$2,400 for example. That's US$1,100 off the sticker price it had a year ago when it was latest-gen.

For current-gen M2 models, they regularly feature US$150-300 discounts.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
B&H is one of the few remaining great authorized resellers, in my opinion. Both them and Adorama are similar. I have bought Macs from both. Top notch customer service and quick shipping. Their store in NYC is amazing if you ever visit.

Ten years ago I and a dozen photographers got a personal tour of B&H lead by one of their managers. That place is huge with multiple floors, and run like a clock with its overhead conveyer belt system. I purchase all my camera, audio, and computer gear from them.

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
They were fairly popular online because up until a few years ago, they didn't charge any sales tax if your shipping address was outside of NY/NJ.

That's still true today. Living in the San Francisco Bay Area where sales tax is 10%, that's a huge deal. A couple months ago I purchased an M2 16" MBP and saved around $350 using their store card.

• Disagree
Reactions: AeroEd and Timpetus

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT

Cus they’re the best electronics site there is. Free fast shipping and they charged no tax at all for years…now you can use their store card to get tax free still. They also sell preconfigured macs. I buy all my photo equipment from them and any apple stuff if they get what i want. I got an imac years ago and had an issue and the return process was super easy and free.

zachz

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012

They usually have great deals and a huge selection of camera, audio, and tech items. They also ship most things to Canada and have lots of items that aren’t available locally here

In NY I went to their location, it was massive and they seem to have dedicated fans there. I used to study film and despite being in Canada, they were the go-to source to order from and had a cool catalogue lol never ordered from them personally, but I’d say they’re pretty legitimate

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
They are not a huge national chain like Best Buy. But if you're in New York, it's the absolute best brick and mortar retail spot for audiovisual equipment.

They were fairly popular online because up until a few years ago, they didn't charge any sales tax if your shipping address was outside of NY/NJ. Coupled with the fact that they often post the best deals on Apple stuff, and the fact that they're 100% legit authorized, it was very often the best place to buy.

Now that they charge sales tax regardless of your shipping address, it's not quite the steal it used to be, but they still feature some of the best discounts on Apple hardware. If you browse their Macbook Pros right now, you'll find a new-in-box M1 Max / 1TB / 32GB 16.2" MBP for US$2,400 for example. That's US$1,100 off the sticker price it had a year ago when it was latest-gen.

For current-gen M2 models, they regularly feature US$150-300 discounts.
Still no sales tax if you get their pay boo card.

Reactions: Timpetus

FasterQuieter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2008
I had the first gen and they regularly glitched on me. Usually one of the pair wouldn't work and need rebooting. I sold them in the end. Can't bring myself to trust that these will be any better.

Reactions: AeroEd

Gengar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2022
Kanto Region
Bought my 1st gen when they came out and it's still going strong in the living room. Never had any trouble with it. Just wanted to mention that, because normally only the people with faulty devices and bad experiences speak up ;)
Mine is still going strong too. I actually just gave it away to a friend because I stopped using it when I got the 2nd generation model (I bought a pair this time, and the sound quality is amazing).

Reactions: dustin_

notabadname

macrumors 68000
Jan 4, 2010
Detroit Suburbs
I’ve had two of the GEN 1’s that I bought when they launched. No issues and still love them. They really make a fantastic sounding stereo pair. I’ve considered buying two of the GEN 2’s for another room.

Reactions: dustin_
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.