Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today we're tracking new all-time low prices across every model of Apple's 2022 iPad Air, starting at $549.99 for the 64GB Wi-Fi tablet, down from $599.00. All of these deals have been applied automatically and do not require a coupon code of any kind.

ipad-air-5-colors.jpeg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The 64GB Wi-Fi iPad Air is available in Blue, Space Gray, and Purple at this price. To date, this is the lowest price we've ever tracked on the 2022 iPad Air from any retailer, and all three colors are in stock and ready to ship out today.

Secondly, you can get the 256GB Wi-Fi iPad Air for $679.99 in Space Gray, down from $749.00. This one is seeing a delayed shipping estimate of a few weeks, but Amazon does have a few more colors priced at $699.99 as a solid second-best option, and those are in stock now.

For cellular models, the 64GB cellular iPad Air is priced at $699.99, down from $749.00, and the 256GB cellular iPad Air is priced at $849.99, down from $899.00. Each tablet is available in multiple colors, and stock is beginning to dwindle on the 256GB cellular model.

Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's New iPad Air Drops to Record Low Prices, Starting at $549.99 for 64GB

seek3r

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2010
I‘m tempted to replace my 4th gen iPad Air with this one, but I need to see what iPadOS brings this summer first. If iPadOS brings the rumored improvements, I may even get the iPad Pro instead.
In exactly the same boat, love my 4th gen and I see no need to update right this second since the added M1 wouldnt really change very much at the moment, it would just be slightly faster, but if there are significant "more towards macos capabilities" updates that are targeted at the M1 based ipads announced at WWDC I'll seriously consider upgrading

Reactions: Orange Bat

JPack

macrumors G4
Mar 27, 2017
This is everyday pricing. Literally anyone can order through the edu store from Apple for $549.

It tells you how popular this iPad Air is given there is no discount.

mabhatter

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2009
I‘m tempted to replace my 4th gen iPad Air with this one, but I need to see what iPadOS brings this summer first. If iPadOS brings the rumored improvements, I may even get the iPad Pro instead.
If you use apps that edit very large amounts of stuff then the M1 chip with 8GB of RAM is a good deal. Also for task switching so you don't "restart" large apps as often in your workflow.

For light usage is probably overkill. In my case I'm using Shapr3D and other modeling apps so extra RAM is good.

Johansee

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2020
London, England
Selling a tablet with 64GB in 2022 should be criminally punishable by flogging. A Sandisk 128GB SD card at full retail price is $15. Not exactly the same part, but it just goes to show

Reactions: rgarjr

scupking

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2010
Still to much money for a watered down pro. It should start at 499 and come with 128gb of storage.

Reactions: rgarjr

DeepIn2U

macrumors G4
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Not surprising, other than the inclusion of the M1 chip. The ipad air 5 is such a missed opportunity by Apple.

I got feelings bout the M1 in the Air so soon after the pro models. Makes me think Apple had TSMC produce way too many M1 chips even after the M1 Pro/Max was in production and should’ve dedicated more resources to producing those chips.

I don’t think anyone was asking for n M1 in the iPad, not without significant bump in what iPadOS provides.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.