Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
macrumorsthreadlogo@3x.png

Amazon, Best Buy, and Adorama have a few discounts on Apple's official Smart Battery Case lineup for the iPhone XR and iPhone XS. We've been tracking these sales for a while now, and this week you'll find a few lowest-ever prices among the discounts.

smartbatterycasexs.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This also includes a good deal on the iPhone 11 Smart Battery Case in Black, which is on sale for $99.00, down from $129.00. At $30 off, this is the lowest price we've ever seen on Amazon, and right now it's the only one of the newest Smart Battery Cases that has this steep of a discount.

iPhone 11 Smart Battery Case
iPhone XS Smart Battery Case
iPhone XS Max Smart Battery Case
iPhone XR Smart Battery Case
Head to our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more discounts on Apple products and related accessories.

Article Link: Deals: Apple's Smart Battery Case Will Help Keep Your iPhone 11, XS, or XR Fueled Up Starting at Just $65

Last edited by a moderator:

BB1970

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2009
Purchased one (iPhone 11 version) off amazon a few weeks ago for $99. I’m surprised how much I use it. The bulkier design is actually more naturally contoured for a hand. The photo/video button is a nice feature as well. Recommended.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Photographing it from straight on? What a sneaky little trick to hide the massive protrusion this case has.
“Apple is obsessed with making things thinner, they should focus more on improving battery life”

*battery case adds a little more thickness*

“It’s too thick, who would want a case that bulges out like that?!?”

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
“Apple is obsessed with making things thinner, they should focus more on improving battery life”

Cool. Let me know when you want to discuss photography tricks to hide form. In the meantime, carry on with your discussion with yourself.

Williesleg

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2014
I wish I could get one but I'm gonna wait for this whole virus thing to end. Not sure how long it lives on things shipped to my door.

simonmet

Cancelled
Sep 9, 2012
Sydney

The difference being Apple need only marginally increase thickness and weight of the phone to significantly increase battery life (while retaining overall good looks) as they have done in the iPhone Pro: finally listening to customer requests.

The battery cases have to encase a separate battery in some form of casing (silicone etc) with associated electronics and a connection to the lightning port, drastically increasing bulk and, in this case, in an oddly asymmetrical and unattractive fashion.

Totally different solutions to the same problem!

Vjosullivan

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2013
I wish I could get one but I'm gonna wait for this whole virus thing to end. Not sure how long it lives on things shipped to my door.
Probably for no longer than it can live on the food you need to get in, while you’re waiting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.