Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

AT&T today is offering a selection of Apple's silicone and leather iPhone cases for just $5.00 in new condition, during a limited time promotion. Cases in the sale cover the iPhone XS, iPhone X, and iPhone 8 Plus, and these are as much as $45 off their original prices with lowest-ever price points seen for new versions of the accessories.

28-deals.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with AT&T. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Apple's leather and silicone cases are built to fit snugly onto their respective iPhones, providing full access to the volume, silence, and lock buttons. iPhone XS cases do fit on iPhone X devices, although there may be some small gaps in the camera cutout on the rear of the case.

28-deals-image.jpg

You can shop for all of the special prices offered by AT&T on Apple's iPhone cases in the list below. At this time, it's unclear how long these prices will be staying around.

Note: if you purchase three cases at once, you can automatically mark the cost of each case down by another $1 thanks to AT&T's current "Grab and Save" discount.

iPhone XS

[*]Silicone Case in White - $5, $35 off
iPhone X

[*]Leather Case in Taupe - $5, $45 off
iPhone 8 Plus

[*]Leather Case in Black / Saddle Brown / (PRODUCT)Red - $5, $45 off Head to our full Deals Roundup for additional information on sales happening as we enter the weekend.

Update 2/20: In the days following news of the iPhone case sale at AT&T, many users began pointing out that their orders were cancelled. In emails sent to these shoppers, AT&T noted, "This item flew off our shelves and isn't available anymore."

Now, an AT&T spokesperson has now provided the following statement to MacRumors, apologizing for the incident and giving the affected customers a 30 percent discount code:
"Customers who placed their order after our stock was depleted were never charged. We have apologized for the inconvenience and are offering them a 30% discount on other accessories."

Article Link: Deals Spotlight: AT&T Discounting Apple's Silicone and Leather iPhone Cases to Just $5 [Updated With AT&T Statement]

Reactions: MrUNIMOG

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
On AT&T's page, for the iPhone X at $5 each, there's also:

I didn't hop on the Apple ones, but I certainly LOVE the Speck cases and couldn't resist both.

Another awesome $5 deal; BodyGuardz Pure Tempered Glass Screen protectors:
I absolutely got a couple of the 12.9" iPad Pro ones to keep me safe. We have them on other devices and really like this brand. I'm no longer afraid to microfiber clean a screen and accidentally drag any contaminants across the device glass. Take your time and the glass installs way easier than those cheap-o static cling ones. Any remaining bubbles disappear in no time at all to crystal clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: H3LL5P4WN

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I'm guessing this was a glitch, because I'm seeing regular price now. :(

(iPhone 7/8 Plus, black silicone case)

Oh well, enjoy your cheap cases, lucky ones. :)

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
Wow, this was a pleasant surprise. Apple Silicone and Leather cases are almost never on sale, and these prices are an impulse buy. I was able to purchase a few cases for myself and significant other. Hoping the Apple iPhone X cases fit decently well on the Xs.

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012
Nice, picked up the Taupe Leather one. I currently have the Apple Brown leather case and love how it patinas with time/age.

The darkening of the leather and scratches add to the individuality. Not sure how a lighter taupe color will stand up with time, but for $5 we'll see.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Pretty sure it was the leather case only for 8 plus

Huh! There it is. Black leather case for iPhone 8 Plus for $5.

Ordered. I have an iPhone 7 Plus but I believe it will fit. I've never been big on the leather cases but I will gladly take one for $5! :)

Thanks for making me take a second look.

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
Huh! There it is. Black leather case for iPhone 8 Plus for $5.

Ordered. I have an iPhone 7 Plus but I believe it will fit. I've never been big on the leather cases but I will gladly take one for $5! :)

Thanks for making me take a second look.
The 8 Plus leather cases fits the 7 Plus. (I was gifted this case for my 7 Plus and use it regularly)

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
So for the silicone case, this is the price its really worth without the obscene Apple retail markup.

Reactions: Spizike9

Little Endian

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2003
Honolulu
Nice, picked up the Taupe Leather one. I currently have the Apple Brown leather case and love how it patinas with time/age.

The darkening of the leather and scratches add to the individuality. Not sure how a lighter taupe color will stand up with time, but for $5 we'll see.

I bought the taupe leather and white silicone iPhone X cases from Best Buy for $14.99 each during their Black Friday sale. I have seen both taupe and white silicone cases on sale most frequently because they are probably the least popular color choices. Gave away the white silicone case because while it looked cool after just a couple of weeks I knew it would not age well stained very easily and every nick, imperfection, dirt or grime became very visible. Still have the taupe leather case it’s okay and it does patina nicely but being so light in color undesirable grime or staining can be very visible. Leather cleaner can at least improve that though.

Well with that said for $4 I bought three more!!! Yes the extra 20% discount worked for me. $12.57 with tax and free shipping. Will keep one as a backup case and gift the other two away.

Reactions: ShuckNet

whyamihere

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
'nati
Awesome. They may suck for misleading about 5G, but these cases for $5 rock. I got the leather taupe and the speck folio for my X and a white silicone for my lady's XS.

jent

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2010
I put 3 in my cart and it took another $1 off each of them (Buy 3 accessories, get 20% off).

EDIT: But once I logged in it seems to have taken it away :(
I logged in from the start and it never took the additional 20% off, but I think the fine print excludes items already on sale. Did anyone order three or more cases and still get the 20% off upon final checkout?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.