Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

B&H Photo has a new sale going on this week aimed at discounts on select "pro" models of the Mac, including MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, and iMac. The discounts include a few lowest-ever prices, so be sure to browse them all below before the sales expire on February 22.

bhphoto-mac-sale.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with B&H Photo. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

16-inch MacBook Pro

MacBook Pro sales are aimed only at the 16-inch model, and include a lowest-ever price on the entry-level 512GB configuration at $2,099.00 ($300 off). This is the best price on this MacBook Pro that we've tracked to date, and we haven't seen a sale like this in a few weeks, so be sure to visit B&H Photo soon if you've been waiting for a fresh discount on the 16-inch MacBook Pro.
iMac

There are quite a few iMac models on sale this week at B&H Photo, including a mix of custom configurations and Apple's base configurations. The models we've listed below match the current best prices seen online, although none have hit lowest-ever prices. Head to B&H Photo to see the full sale.

21.5-Inch 4K, 2019
27-Inch 5K, 2019
Mac Pro

Lastly, B&H Photo has some sales on the latest Mac Pro, offering $500 off select models. Prices start at $5,499.00 for the model with 32GB DDR4 RAM, a 256GB NVMe SSD, and the Intel Xeon Eight Core processor, and increase to as much as $23,099.00 for 192GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB SSD, and the Intel Xeon 28-core processor. A total of 21 Mac Pro models are being discounted during this event, so head to B&H Photo to check out the full list.

Head to our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more discounts on Apple products and related accessories.

Article Link: Deals: B&H Photo Discounting 16-Inch MacBook Pro, iMac, and Mac Pro in New Sale

bsbeamer

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2012
iMac 27" 3.6GHz 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 1TB SSD @ $2800 is with 580X GPU
Same with Vega48 is @ $3450

Might have to consider the 580X, especially if you already own an eGPU.

Comment

TravelsInBlue

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2020
I say this as an Apple guy, but after the last several years I can’t see the MBP as anything more than overpriced junk.

I have two iPads, an iPhone, Apple TV, Apple Watch, etc, but when my 2014 MBP dies I’ll be buying a Lenovo X1.

Comment

LuciusWrong

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
I say this as an Apple guy, but after the last several years I can’t see the MBP as anything more than overpriced junk.

I have two iPads, an iPhone, Apple TV, Apple Watch, etc, but when my 2014 MBP dies I’ll be buying a Lenovo X1.

To anyone who reads the above comment and thinks they agree, please actually look up comparable machines and their price. You will find this statement is objectively false. Please dont be ignorant!

If you compare a macbook to a machine with a "full HD" display, yeah, the macbook is more expensive. But who wants a "full HD"display? Maybe a gamer, but we know macbooks arenteant to be gaming machines.

Having searched myself, i found laptops with better than 1080 resolution are quite uncommon outside of Apple products, and also quite expensive. I dare say they are more expensive!

A year ago i was pricing out Macbooks, and was looking at $3100 minimum....but the newest machine in the same spec is about $500 less.

But that being said, these "sales" are the new normal price. These "discounts" have been running continuously since the launch of the 16", and similar sales for an entire year previously!

Last edited:
Comment

iTech23

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2019
To anyone who reads the above comment and thinks they agree, please actually look up comparable machines and their price. You will find this statement is objectively false. Please dont be ignorant!

If you compare a macbook to a machine with a "full HD" display, yeah, the macbook is more expensive. But who wants a "full HD"display? Maybe a gamer, but we know macbooks arenteant to be gaming machines.

A machine like the Razor 15" is actually more expensive when it has the 4k display.

A year ago i was pricing out Macbooks, and was looking at $3100 minimum....but the newest machine in the same spec is about $500 less.
I agree with you, people is always comparing a pc with a Mac but they don’t look at the specs, the Retina display for example is expensive, but they don’t take that into account, that being said, I wouldn’t recommend the MacBook Pro -6-inch, it has a lot of issues with the discrete GPU, hopefully is just a software/driver issue and not a hardware issue like it was in 2011.

Comment

LuciusWrong

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
I agree with you, people is always comparing a pc with a Mac but they don’t look at the specs, the Retina display for example is expensive, but they don’t take that into account, that being said, I wouldn’t recommend the MacBook Pro -6-inch, it has a lot of issues with the discrete GPU, hopefully is just a software/driver issue and not a hardware issue like it was in 2011.

You said "discrete", but did you mean external? Ive only heard people say external GPU performance is poor, if we are thinking about the same thing.
But honestly, how many have an eGPU? I dont.

The built in GPU is so good now, it doesnt seem important to have an eGPU.

I would recommend the 16", if you need a new machine. But if you just want something new, you will be disappointed by how "the same" the new one feels! I still wish Apple would give up on the stupid touch bar, but the keys are good now. It is a well rounded package.

I just dropped in to see if prices changed since i purchased mine in mid Dec. I got $250 off on the 2.3ghz 8 core, 16gb, 1tb, space grey...middle graphics option. I did see $305 off at the time, but hesitated. My only regret is that nobody can fix the headphone jack on my 2013 MBP. If that could be fixed, I would have waited to upgrade.

Comment

iTech23

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2019
You said "discrete", but did you mean external? Ive only heard people say external GPU performance is poor, if we are thinking about the same thing.
But honestly, how many have an eGPU? I dont.

The built in GPU is so good now, it doesnt seem important to have an eGPU.

I would recommend the 16", if you need a new machine. But if you just want something new, you will be disappointed by how "the same" the new one feels! I still wish Apple would give up on the stupid touch bar, but the keys are good now. It is a well rounded package.

I just dropped in to see if prices changed since i purchased mine in mid Dec. I got $250 off on the 2.3ghz 8 core, 16gb, 1tb, space grey...middle graphics option. I did see $305 off at the time, but hesitated. My only regret is that nobody can fix the headphone jack on my 2013 MBP. If that could be fixed, I would have waited to upgrade.

No, I meant discrete GPU (A discrete GPU is a Graphics Processing Unit that is not part of the CPU, ie, it's a separate add in board or a separate chip on the system board (usually in laptops and AIOs.) Discrete GPUs also use their own VRAM instead of using system RAM for video processing.), in my case is the AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB.
eGPU is an external device and has nothing to do with the MacBook Pro.
I already have 3 new MacBook Pro 16-inch, that's the reason I don't recommend buying one right now. I also have 2 MacBook Pro 15-inch 2019 (the one that was only for sale for a few months) and we also have a few 2018 and 2017 MacBook Pro and the only one having the issue with the external monitor and the GPU is the new MacBook Pro 16-inch.
Here is some info about the issue a lot of people is experiencing: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250878229

And why do you want Apple to remove the Touch Bar? A lot of people complain about that but it's really useful for some apps and if you don't like it, there is no much of a difference with the regular keyboard, especially now that the Esc key is not on the Touch Bar.
A lot of computers like Asus are going in that direction, adding a bigger Touch Bar or even making the whole keyboard a second screen.

Comment

TravelsInBlue

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2020

Having searched myself, i found laptops with better than 1080 resolution are quite uncommon outside of Apple products, and also quite expensive. I dare say they are more expensive!

But that being said, these "sales" are the new normal price. These "discounts" have been running continuously since the launch of the 16", and similar sales for an entire year previously!

This reads as some sort of gaslighting attempt. Specs aren’t everything, and sure, if you compare specs and aesthetics then my statement might seem like hyperbole.
My quote is also “I can’t see the MBP as anything more than overpriced junk.” Here I’m heavily insinuating that this is my opinion.

Fact of the matter is, in the last several years Apple has disrupted any kind of “pro” workflow by removing basic I/O such as USB-A, SD and HDMI, removed physical tactile keys and forced adoption of a Touch Bar, and took years to finally remove an unreliable keyboard.

This is on top of other reliability issues such as T2 panics and logic board issues, as well as continued thermal problems. Not to mention the lack of upgradability. If you go to the MacBook Pro section, everybody treats AppleCare as a mandatory purchase. This shouldn’t be the case for a $2,500 computer.

I think it’s ignorant to point to specs when reliability has been a big issue. Apple has done lasting damage to their MacBook brand. If you bought one, cool, and if your happy with yours, then even better. But I won’t be buying a Mac until they seem to have gotten past their QA issues.

Comment

LuciusWrong

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
And why do you want Apple to remove the Touch Bar? A lot of people complain about that but it's really useful for some apps and if you don't like it, there is no much of a difference with the regular keyboard, especially now that the Esc key is not on the Touch Bar.
A lot of computers like Asus are going in that direction, adding a bigger Touch Bar or even making the whole keyboard a second screen.

I guess im just a mechanical key kind of guy. I always prefer tactile switches. It feels like Apple is adding expensive features, not because it solves a problem, but to cultivate the image of them being visionaries.

The fact is that computers are a commodity item, it is a mature design. Adding fancy features to a laptop is like making a fancy hammer...it is fundamentally still a hammer. There are fancy hammers, like titanium with magnets to hold a nail....but few find any value in that. And thats how i feel about the touch bar.

Vision is to imagine what comes after the laptop, not adding touch screens and fingerprint readers to the traditional laptop in order to entice people to upgrade.

Comment

LuciusWrong

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
This reads as some sort of gaslighting attempt. Specs aren’t everything, and sure, if you compare specs and aesthetics then my statement might seem like hyperbole.
My quote is also “I can’t see the MBP as anything more than overpriced junk.” Here I’m heavily insinuating that this is my opinion.

Fact of the matter is, in the last several years Apple has disrupted any kind of “pro” workflow by removing basic I/O such as USB-A, SD and HDMI, removed physical tactile keys and forced adoption of a Touch Bar, and took years to finally remove an unreliable keyboard.

This is on top of other reliability issues such as T2 panics and logic board issues, as well as continued thermal problems. Not to mention the lack of upgradability. If you go to the MacBook Pro section, everybody treats AppleCare as a mandatory purchase. This shouldn’t be the case for a $2,500 computer.

I think it’s ignorant to point to specs when reliability has been a big issue. Apple has done lasting damage to their MacBook brand. If you bought one, cool, and if your happy with yours, then even better. But I won’t be buying a Mac until they seem to have gotten past their QA issues.

Did you say that yours is a 2014? It must be an A1398, same as my old machine. Mine is a late 2013, so a bit older. But logic boards are interchangeable.

Also, you said "when i upgrade", which implies that it continues to serve you well?

So would you say it continues to be reliable after nearly 6 years?

Mine has been great. I replaced the keyboard and battery recently, because those wear out. And it is worth fixing up, because it is still a nice machine.

The only problem i have with my old one has been fixed in the newest designs (i.e. easily replaceable USB C daughter boards), so i expect the 16" to be even more reliable than the machine you demonstrate to be reliable!

If you dont like Apples design choices, i get it. I dont like everything myself. But I shopped around, and Apple won in every category, despite the parts i dont like.

So "garbage"? "Overpriced"? I have to respond to dampen the echo chamber!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.