Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

B&H Photo today introduced new discounts on Apple's 2020 13-inch MacBook Pro, starting with the 512GB model (16GB RAM, 10th gen processor) at $1,599.00, down from $1,799.00. This sale price is only available in the Silver color option.

Apple_macbookpro-13-inch_screen_05042020_big.jpg.large_2x.jpg

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with B&H Photo. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

For the 1TB 13-inch MacBook Pro (16GB RAM, 10th gen processor), you'll find a price of $1,799.00, down from $1,999.00, and this sale is available in both Silver and Space Gray colors. Both of these discounts are new low prices for each model of the 2020 13-inch MacBook Pro.

B&H Photo notes that it has limited supply for both models, so be sure to head to the retailer soon if you're interested. You can find even more discounts on other MacBooks by visiting our Best Deals guide for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.

Article Link: Deals: B&H Photo Discounts 2020 13-Inch MacBook Pro by $200, Starting at $1,599 for 512GB

Last edited:

NickName99

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2018
Great way to get a 10th gen Intel MacBook Pro. Apple doesn’t have them on their refurbished site at the moment.

I’d personally hold out for the Apple powered MacBook Pro, it will probably be twice as powerful, have twice the battery life, and have the same price point.

Dhock_Holiday

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2019
Somewhat of a decent deal, but you can order directly from Apple and get a set of free AirPods right now if you're a student or working in the academic field.

Reactions: jacklivehere

ChrisA

macrumors G4
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I expect more and larger discounts on Intel-based Macs. Everyone buying an Intel Mac knows they are buying a dead-end product. It will stop getting MacOS updates after only about 3 years and after that only security updates.

I think retailers will find they have excess inventory that they don't want to be stuck with. $200 off is just the start.

• Disagree
Reactions: ijbond and CVUSA

triangletechie

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2017
NC
I expect more and larger discounts on Intel-based Macs. Everyone buying an Intel Mac knows they are buying a dead-end product. It will stop getting MacOS updates after only about 3 years and after that only security updates.

I think retailers will find they have excess inventory that they don't want to be stuck with. $200 off is just the start.
How do you know only 3 years?

Tim Cook and Apple both said they will release and support MacOS versions on Intel based Macs for years to come. That sounds like more than 3.

johngwheeler

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
I come from a land down-under...
How do you know only 3 years?

Tim Cook and Apple both said they will release and support MacOS versions on Intel based Macs for years to come. That sounds like more than 3.

"Years" could mean anything equal or greater to 2 years. At least that is how they can defend themselves legally if Apple were to cut off support early.

On the Intel Macs, OS upgrades have been historically supported for 7-8 years (e.g. High Sierra released in 2017 was supported on 2009 Macs, Catalina is supported on 2012 Macs). After this there are typically security updates for 3 years.

This cycle was considerably shorter after the PowerPC to Intel transition, so we *may* see shorter upgrade & support periods after the ARM transition. Given the number of Intel Macs in circulation, I expect Intel will be supported for longer than PowerPC was. Maybe OS upgrades for 4-5 years (from now) and security upgrades for 2-3 years.

gleepskip

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
If you want iOS apps on your desktop, wait for ARM. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter and you may as well buy now.

ijbond

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2006
Too bad it comes with Catalina pre-installed. (Some of us have jobs and projects that require software that Catalina makes obsolete...

I too need old software, but no problem: using Parallels and a VM with installed Mojave I am able to work with all my beloved software. My advice: Parallels needs Mac with 16gb RAM to run smoothly.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.