Deals: Best Buy's 1-Day Sale Includes Apple's 21.5-Inch iMac From 2019 for $999.99 ($300 Off)

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Best Buy introduced a new one day sale today, offering deals on iMac, MacBook Pro, and Windows computers. For Apple users, the most notable discount in the sale is on the 21.5-inch iMac from March 2019.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Best Buy has the 4K 21.5-inch iMac (3.6GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB) for $999.99, down from $1,299.00. At $300 off, this is the current best price available online for a new model of this iMac, and the lowest we've tracked to date.

Apple updated the iMac in March of 2019, and this model has an 8th-generation Intel Core i3 processor, faster memory, a Radeon Pro 555X processor, and two Thunderbolt 3 ports. In total, the 21.5-inch iMac from 2019 is up to 60 percent faster than the previous-generation model, making it a solid computer for a home office.

Best Buy also currently has a few deals on the iPad mini 5, with prices starting at $349.99 for 64GB Wi-Fi and offering about $50 off most models. Head to Best Buy's deals page to shop the full sale before it ends tonight at 11:59 p.m. CT.

Article Link: Deals: Best Buy's 1-Day Sale Includes Apple's 21.5-Inch iMac From 2019 for $999.99 ($300 Off)

4sallypat

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I was thinking of an iMac recently to replace my parent's 2012 iMac - how is it still using a spinning HDD?!

and RAM isn't easily upgradable...
Thinking of doing the same here - I hate my 2013 iMac that has the old spinning 1TB HDD.

Does this 2019 have a spinning HDD or SSD ??????

Clint Newman

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2020
Best Buy says 45 day return policy excluding items purchased with 3rd party contract (cellular tablets).
If you buy the Wifi + Unlocked iPad Pro, does this have the regular 14 day return policy and $45 return fee, or since it's not a contract item, you have 45 days and zero fee? Bestbuy chat is unavailable or I'd ask them and just screenshot their answer.

ignatius345

macrumors 68030
Aug 20, 2015
People's newfound fixation with "bezels" and "chins" aside :rolleyes: the real issue with that base model iMac is the horrible mechanical hard drive it comes with. Once its on your desk you're probably not gonna be clutching your pearls and gasping at the area around the monitor, but that HDD is gonna hurt you every time you open an app or save a file.

If you had to have this particular iMac, you'd be better off buying an external SSD and booting off of that.
- - Post merged: - -

Does anybody know what desk lamp that is?
Looks like the JWDA. I got one last year and it's wonderful. The dimmer is silky smooth and the halogen bulb will dim in a very smooth gradient down to practially a candle level. The concrete base on the one I have, however, has no finish at all and will pick up stains quite easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4sallypat

entropys

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
I am amazed that Apple hasn’t updated the iMac. Until I was in office works the other day and saw a couple of iMacs alongside All In One offerings from dell and HP. The iMac was Almost double the price, and side. By side you can see why, the iMac build quality and screen are several levels above.

People's newfound obsession with "bezels" and "chins" aside :rolleyes: the real issue with that base model iMac is the horrible mechanical hard drive it comes with.

Once its on your desk you're probably not gonna be clutching your pearls and gasping at the area around the monitor, but that HDD is gonna hurt you every time you open an app or save a file.

If you had to have this particular iMac, you'd be better off buying an external SSD and booting off of that.

Looks like the JWDA. I got one last year and it's wonderful. The dimmer is silky smooth and the halogen bulb will dim in a very smooth gradient down to practially a candle level. The concrete base on the one I have, however, has no finish at all and will pick up stains quite easily.
That is how I have set up my father in-law. His is so old it even has USB2 and Tb2, but even a SATA based SSD off the TB2 port is heaps faster than the internal HDD.

cyberstudio

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2020
I bought a late 2013 used for cad400, with fusion (128g ssd back then). A retina screen would have been nice. Probably due to amd pressure even an i3 is now plenty fast but I will not get anything without at least a fusion drive.

EchoplexSE

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2018
Somewhere in a sea of Blue
I recently picked this up and bought a 500 GB Samsung thunderbolt drive to go along with it. Just finished setting up the thunderbolt drive to be the notable partition. Should be much snappier than the cheap 5,400 rpm drive it comes with

Reactions: 4sallypat

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I bought a late 2013 used for cad400, with fusion (128g ssd back then). A retina screen would have been nice. Probably due to amd pressure even an i3 is now plenty fast but I will not get anything without at least a fusion drive.
SSD not being standard is mind boggling.

gim

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2014
Im more torn between the $599 Surface Pro 7 and the $449 Chromebook for my kid #3 to use for remote learning. I'll wait on a new iMac for me....
SP7. Kids need to learn how to use a proper OS, which they’ll have to use later in their careers. The dominance of Chromebooks is just another atrocity in the American educational system. A good college costs an arm and a leg, but hey good to save a couple of hundred Dollars and let our kids learn computing on a crippled OS that’s otherwise completely irrelevant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.