Deals: Best Buy's 'Beat the Rush' Sale Kicks Off Black Friday Savings on iPhone, Philips Hue, and 4K TVs

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 15, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Best Buy today opened up another pre-Black Friday sale, calling this one its "Beat the Rush" sale and offering customers savings on iPhone XS and XS Max, 4K TVs, Beats headphones, Philips Hue lights, certified refurbished AirPods, and more. This sale will last through Saturday, November 17 at 11:59 p.m. CT, so if you see anything you're interested in be sure to make your purchase before the discounts expire.

[​IMG]
    Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Some of the deals in the Beat the Rush sale -- like the iPhone offers -- are matching Best Buy's upcoming savings for Black Friday, offering shoppers the chance to get access to the doorbusters at an early date. Check out some of the discounts in the list below, and head to Best Buy to see the full sale.

Black Friday prices and doorbusters
    [​IMG]
    [*]iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR - Save $150 with qualified activation on Sprint
    [*]iPhone X - Save $200 with qualified activation on Sprint
    [*]Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Starter Kit - $119.99, down from $189.99
    [*]LG 65-inch LED 4K UHD TV - $599.99, down from $799.99
    [*]Samsung 43-inch LED 4K UHD TV - $277.99, down from $379.99
    [*]Samsung 50-inch LED 4K UHD TV - $327.99, down from $449.99

Other Sales
    [​IMG]
    [*]AirPods, Geek Squad Certified Refurbished - $119.99, down from $159.99
    [*]Select smartphone cases - save up to 70 percent
    [*]Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones (Porcelain Rose) - $199.99, down from $349.99
    [*]urBeats3 - $39.99, down from $79.99
    [*]GoPro HERO HD Waterproof Camera - $149.99, down from $199.99
    [*]Insignia Wi-Fi Garage Door Controller, HomeKit Compatible - $44.99, down from $69.99 In another sale, Amazon is also discounting Philips Hue today, but this one is aimed at certified refurbished products. You can save 30 percent or more in the sale, including the Philips Hue Lightstrip for $45.47, Philips Hue White A19 Bulb 2-Pack for $18.90, and the Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 Starter Kit for $115.47. Amazon also offers an unlocked and refurbished iPhone X for as low as $725.00 today only.

For more on the latest sales, visit our full Deals Roundup. We also have ongoing coverage of upcoming Black Friday sales in our Black Friday Roundup, so be sure to read that over before next week's big event.

Article Link: Deals: Best Buy's 'Beat the Rush' Sale Kicks Off Black Friday Savings on iPhone, Philips Hue, and 4K TVs

2. Mansu944 macrumors 6502

Anyone know who refurbishes those AirPods and how?

3. Azeroth1 macrumors regular

I’m not certain, but personally no matter who it is this is something I’d be a little grossed out by buying refurb - just a little more “personal” than something like a computer or light bulb.

I’m sure it’s fine, but still...

4. WishIWasHere macrumors regular

Some years ago I decided I wanted new nose hair clippers. Went to Amazon and clicked on one, and naturally there was the “x number new and USED” from third party sellers. Used nose hair clippers? I’ll pass. Same with used/refurbished earbuds.

5. gugy macrumors 68030

gugy

Where can I find the best deals for MBP 13” no touch bar? Can’t seem to find anything for Black Friday.
    Thanks

6. ArtOfWarfare macrumors G3

ArtOfWarfare

I misread the title of this as

Best Buy's "Best the Rush" Sale
    And now I'm disappointed that Best Buy didn't take the opportunity to name it that.

We can discuss where my check should be mailed when Best Buy fixes that snafu.

7. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

I know the idea of used air pods sound kind of gross, but is it really that much worse than going to a restaurant and hoping they cleaned the silverware good enough? One you're likely putting in your mouth without washing, the other you can still completely disinfect and use.

8. SilverBen macrumors newbie

SilverBen

Refurbished AirPods on sale, down from $160. What a deal! o_O

9. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

Yeah, that shouldn't be quoted as the original price.

10. sinsin07 macrumors 68040

About AirPods - Geek Squad Certified Refurbished
    Key take away;
    "After looking at the product page and doing some further research I have some more information about the warranty. Since this has been refurbished by our Geek Squad, it no longer has the 1 year manufacturing warranty available from Apple. The head phones you purchased have a 90 day warranty for parts and labor."

Some of the reviews here not so inspiring:
    Bestbuy refurb Airpod reviews

11. WWPD, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018

WWPD macrumors regular

WWPD

Refurbished Airpods, professionally cleared of ear wax by Geek Squad.

12. lec0rsaire macrumors 65816

The prices for LG C8 are now excellent it I’m probably going to go with Sony X900F. I definitely watch too much cable news and I just don’t want to take the risk with burn in. The Sony LEDs are also much brighter.

MicroLED can’t get here soon enough.

13. Mansu944 macrumors 6502

All it would take is one blob of ear wax...
    --- Post Merged, Nov 15, 2018 ---

ewww...I will avoid.

14. H.E. Pennypacker macrumors 6502

H.E. Pennypacker

The amazon Phillips hue deal is pretty darn good.