Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon is back today with a discount on Apple's brand new iPad Air. You can purchase the 64GB Wi-Fi model for $559.00, down from $599.00. This same deal appeared before the tablet even launched last week, and disappeared fast, so be sure to head to Amazon soon if you're interested.

ipad-air-arrive-feature.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This sale price is only available in the silver and green colors, and the tablet won't ship for between two to four weeks due to high demand. Still, if you order today you can lock in the $40 discount price and Amazon will ship the tablet once it's available in November.

The iPad Air was announced last month, and it has an edge-to-edge 10.9-inch display, Touch ID power button, a brand-new A14 Bionic chip, new color options, and more. For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

Article Link: Deals: Brand New 64GB iPad Air Gets $40 Discount at Amazon

BeefCake 15

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2015
What's the lowest discount expected on this iPad, I'm not in a rush and can wait?

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
You guys in the States are so lucky with the regular discounts on Apple products, especially ipads on Amazon.

CheesePuff

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2008
Southwest Florida, USA
IMO, for $190 more you can get the usually on sale iPad Pro 11" 2020 at $749, and you get the following over the Air:

• 128 GB storage
  • 6 GB RAM
  • LiDAR sensor
  • Slightly larger screen with higher resolution and brighter
  • ProMotion screen
  • FaceID
  • Quad-speaker audio
  • Improved camera sensors
  • U1 chip
  • Edit: also 5 mics on the Pro vs 1 on the Air

Last edited:
Reactions: CVUSA

PabloM

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2020
IMO, for $190 more you can get the usually on sale iPad Pro 11" 2020 at $749, and you get the following over the Air:

• 128 GB storage
  • 6 GB RAM
  • LiDAR sensor
  • ProMotion screen
  • FaceID
  • Quad-speaker audio
  • U1 chip
I actually own both and the Air is screaming fast compared to my 11” Pro. Probably due to the faster A14. I do find Face ID much easier to use than the Touch ID. The extra step to unlock is a step backwards with an iPad.

CVUSA

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009

• 128 GB storage
  • 6 GB RAM
  • LiDAR sensor
  • ProMotion screen
  • FaceID
  • Quad-speaker audio
  • U1 chip
I do a lot FaceTime with family these days. After watching the reviews pro had much better mic and speakers I am definitely get iPad Pro.

hidekigomi

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2014
Even if I've been getting tempted to buy one from Amazon AND the points can be earned also but I decided to wait until Black Friday to see if Apple offers a gift card, instead of discount, as they did last year so I can use it for Apple Pencil. So I can get rid of my old 6th gen iPad as "a trade-in," less hassle to me.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Apple needs to reduce the amount of SKUs, there is not much differentiation and too much sprawl. Also they have a boatload or money, offset of the cost and create brand loyalty and mindshare. It took 150 million to make the first iPhone, now they are spending billions on R&D with little gain. Gotta admire Steve for his penny pinching innovations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.