Deals: Carriers Kick Off iPhone XR Promos, Anker and Choetech Launch New Charging Sales, and More

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 19, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Today is iPhone XR pre-order day, and like with previous iPhone models you are able to pre-order the XR from all of the major cellular carriers, most of which are offering promotions. If you haven't pre-ordered your iPhone XR yet, check out the list below to see all of the various deals and offers you can get when buying the colorful new iPhone.

[​IMG]
    Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.
    [*]AT&T - Buy one iPhone XR and get another $700 off / both must be bought on AT&T Next with wireless (minimum $80/month) / must have DirecTV (minimum $29.99/month)
    [*]Verizon - Buy any iPhone XR, XS, XS Max, or X and get the 64GB iPhone XR at no cost, or get $750 off a higher capacity / must add a new line to one of the iPhones / bill credit of $31.25 over 24 months starting in 1-2 billing cycles
    [*]T-Mobile - Get T-Mobile Unlimited with iPhone XR at $40/month ($30 for the plan and $10 for the iPhone XR) for four lines / qualifying credit, finance agreement, and trade-in required (including iPhone 7/7Plus and 8/8 Plus)
    [*]Sprint - Get the 64GB iPhone XR for $0/month when purchased on Sprint Flex lease with eligible trade in (including iPhone X, 8/8 Plus, and 7/7 Plus) / $31.25 bill credits applied within two bill cycles / requires 18 month lease with new line of service or eligible upgrade and approved credit Of course, a few retailers are also offering promotions if you visit their stores to buy the iPhone XR. If you pre-order the iPhone XR at Sam's Club you'll get a $100 Sam's Club gift card, as long as you purchase and activate the smartphone by October 28 on an installment or two-year device plan. Sam's Club says that all major carriers are participating in the offer, and it will keep pre-orders up for the iPhone XR through October 21.

[​IMG]

If you visit your local Best Buy store, you can get up to a $275 Best Buy gift card when trading in iPhone 7 Plus or newer models, which you can put towards an iPhone XR pre-order. If you choose to go the Best Buy route, the retailer also supports the carrier offers for Verizon (BOGO $750 off) and Sprint ($0/month on Sprint Flex lease with trade in). Note that this offer is only available in Best Buy stores and not online.

At Walmart, if you pre-order the iPhone XR online for in-store pickup you can save $100 with activation on an installment plan. Once the iPhone XR launches on October 26, you'll also be able to get $100 off the smartphone with an installment billing agreement on AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint. Walmart says that this offer is available in select stores only.

Besides the iPhone XR, there are a few other deals going on as we head into the weekend. Over on Amazon, Anker has introduced two new discount codes for its premium nylon USB-C to USB-A cables of varying sizes. Additionally, Choetech has introduced a trio of new discount codes for shoppers interested in stocking up on cheap and reliable wireless chargers and car chargers. Check out all of these sales and a few others below:

[​IMG]
    [*]Anker Premium Double-Braided Nylon USB-C to USB-A Cable (2-pack, 3ft) - $7.19 with code ANKER322, down from $8.99 (exp. 10/24)
    [*]Anker Premium Double-Braided Nylon USB-C to USB-A Cable Black (2-pack, 6ft) - $8.09 with code ANKER333, down from $9.99 (exp. 10/24)
    [*]Choetech iPhone Wireless Charger - $6.99 with code PXGTHIDM, down from $12.99 (exp. 10/20)
    [*]Choetech Dual USB QC 3.0 Car Charger - $5.99 with code P5I5G7O9, down from $13.99 (exp. 10/30)
    [*]Choetech Bluetooth Sweatproof Sports Headphones - $12.99 with code WGFRPHUM, down from $18.99 (exp. 10/30)
    [*]Top Greener's USB-A and USB-C Wall Outlet - $20.92 with promo code TYWIRE20, down from $26.15
    [*]Eve Degree Weather Station with HomeKit compatibility - $54.95, down from $69.99 For information on other savings be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup.

Article Link: Deals: Carriers Kick Off iPhone XR Promos, Anker and Choetech Launch New Charging Sales, and More

2. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

Verizon deal is lookin good. going to switch from att and get a family plan. free xr for my mom then.

3. tl01 macrumors 68000

Want to take advantage of the Att deal...but I have no need for the second phone? It would be problematic to sell it right? Since it is in a contract I guess?

4. dmylrea macrumors 68020

dmylrea

5. street.cory macrumors 6502

street.cory

These deals are not deals for a majority of people. The best deal is if you have an AT&T Unlimited plan and call into customer retention to get 2 year contract pricing on the iPhone to get $450 off. They didn't change my line access fee or charge any activation fees. I have two iPhone XS Max 256 GB iPhones that I paid $850 each for after taxes.

6. ericg301 macrumors 65816

THIS. Called this morning and they didnt have loyalty pricing on the Xr yet...said to call back when it goes officially on sale next week.

wait $850? they quoted me $699 for a XS + taxes.
    are taxes on the original price, or the discounted price?[/QUOTE]

7. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

The T-Mobile looks good for us, except we only need 3 lines. You don’t get the $30/mo for unlimited unless you need 4 lines. Still, my wife and I could get the XR for $10/mo… 3rd line is an SE so our son would need to pay more.

8. scottcampbell macrumors regular

Bummer, my brother just bought an iPhone X and Verizon isn't going to retroactively apply the promotion.

9. ericg301 macrumors 65816

also i figured TMO would extend their $700 BOGO deal through the XR launch. was considering switching - the BOGO would more or less cover an XR, and then I would resell my two iPhone 7's on the open market to cover about half of an Xs. I had it all planned out.

10. cub4bearin macrumors regular

Can you please point me to website with more info on this? Thank you.

11. ericg301 macrumors 65816

there's not one. it's a call-only discount via AT&T "Loyalty" AKA retention.

if you're an AT&T customer, call and ask to speak to loyalty. you can get one of the new phones for about 40% off, if you pay for it upfront and keep it for 2 years. but then it's yours.

12. Squeak825 macrumors 6502

There is no website with this info (although some ATT people will talk about it on /r/att)

You have to get someone in retention to agree to do it.

13. imola.zhp, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018

imola.zhp macrumors 6502a

imola.zhp

I don’t need an extra line, but if I upgrade to an LTE Apple Watch, it will need its own billing “line” even though it mirrors the phones phone number.

Does anyone know if this would qualify for the $750 credit? Verizon specifically.

14. Squeak825 macrumors 6502

If you only need one phone, but are willing to add the second line (for the Get One) you can do it.

Just do the deal and one the credits start coming in on your Get One phone, you can pay off the Buy One phone. It will still be locked but not under contract
    --- Post Merged, Oct 19, 2018 ---
    Not on ATT

15. cub4bearin macrumors regular

Thank you. Just called them and got the prices and it all sounded great till CSR told me that the phone will be locked for those 2 yrs to ATT.
    I travel to Europe frequently and wanted to use their local SIM card for data and text. So this wouldn’t work for me. However it was a nice price 256GB was $699

16. tl01 macrumors 68000

That would be ideal. We have unlimited and lots of lines. I would love something off the price of one phone. Thanks for the heads up! I’ll try that soon!

17. alj96z macrumors newbie

The tmo deal is actually pretty terrible, its 36 monthly bill credits, meaning you're locked in for 3 years to get the full benefit, and you can't take advantage of next year's, or the year after that's promo since you're already locked in.

18. Dizzy714 macrumors member

So this is basically like the old subsidized upgrade system from back in the day, but changes absolutely nothing on your account regarding pricing and current promotions (DirecTV NOW) tied to your account - correct?

How many phones do they allow the loyalty pricing on? And how often?

19. ericg301 macrumors 65816

I don't believe it changes your plan at all. Totally separate. You do have to pay the full (discounted) price upfront, and then keep the phone for 2 years. If you try to leave/cancel, you owe the difference. But if you're a longtime ATT customer and not on the "get a new phone every year bandwagon," this is a pretty good deal.

Not sure how many phones.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 19, 2018 ---
    i dont know about you guys but ive been making spreadsheets all day, comparing all the different carrier plans and promotions. coming up with a 2-year TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP for devices + plans.

it's actually been pretty surprising. for example, with the AT&T loyalty promo above, staying with AT&T on an unlimited plan only costs $30 more, over two years, than switching to T-mobile One with their $360/per line trade in. (this assumes i can resell my two iPhone 7 devices for $300 each on swappa).

20. Dizzy714 macrumors member

I’ve been anti-Next since the moment they introduced that method of ‘upgrades’. Ever since the subsidies went away I’ve always purchased outright for all phones on my plan, which is 5. We’re on the Unlimited Plus plan. I read into things a bit more and found something that may drive me away from the offer. There appears to be a catch of your line Access Fee going up to $40, rather than the $20 it’s currently at. If that indeed is the case then I wouldn’t bite on this offer.

21. ericg301 macrumors 65816

also i really wish tmo had their their $700 off BOGO deal. i was counting on that.

22. longhorn2004 macrumors newbie

Which phone? Is the $450 off applicable to all phones?

23. ericg301 macrumors 65816

it's 40% off, per the rep i talked to this morning.

24. imola.zhp macrumors 6502a

imola.zhp

I should have specified, Verizon.

25. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

not like you need to be upgrading these phones every year anyway... But yes 36 months is pretty crappy.