Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today has a few of Apple's 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro models at up to $399 off. All of these notebooks are in stock and sold by Amazon, with delivery dates as soon as Tuesday, January 17 for most models.

macbook-pro-purple.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Starting with the 14-inch MacBook Pro (8-Core M1 Pro, 512GB), this model is on sale for $1,599.99, down from $1,999.00. This is a match of the best price we've ever tracked on this version of the 2021 MacBook Pro, and right now it's only available in Space Gray.

Next is the 14-inch MacBook Pro (10-Core M1 Pro, 1TB) for $2,199.00, down from $2,499.00. Amazon only has this sale available in Space Gray, and in comparison to previous deals this one is a solid second-best price.

Moving to the 16-inch MacBook Pro (10-Core M1 Pro, 512GB), you can get this model for $2,099.99 in Space Gray, down from $2,499.00. This is another second-best price on the 2021 MacBook Pro.

Lastly, the 16-inch MacBook Pro (10-Core M1 Pro, 1TB) is available for $2,299.99, down from $2,699.00. This is the only notebook that's currently available in both Space Gray and Silver today on Amazon.

Head to our full Deals Roundup to get caught up with all of the latest deals and discounts that we've been tracking over the past week.

Article Link: Deals: Get $399 Off Nearly Every 2021 MacBook Pro on Amazon, Available From $1,599.99

• Angry
Reactions: SnappleRumors

Thisismattwade

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2020
All 16GB of ram, which will be insufficient if you plan on owning this for 5 years, or hope to get decent resale value if you plan to sell it at year 3.
In fact, the base M1 MBA (8gb of ram) continues to service my family to this day. We have two users logged in (with fast user switching enabled), and the thing is a beast.

I can’t bring myself to buy another one in 2023 (it’s a character flaw on my part, knowing a newer model is out, tho I know it’s still a good buy), but I would still recommend it for someone cash strapped. It’s $849 refurbed on Apple’s store with 2 day delivery.

If another sale is indicative of an imminent MBP refresh, then this sign has been flashing since spring 2022 as the MBP's have gone on (and off) similar sales since then.
Yeah, Best Buy has had this deal for seemingly months at a time, including now. However, I do like Amazon’s return window better if you’re just looking for a test drive.

HouseLannister

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2021
Tempted to get one to try the Arc beta. Got my invite, but currently just using Windows and iPhone/iPad.

The M2 Air seemed a minor bump by most reviews (though everyone raves about the battery in the 13" M2 Pro). Do you think anything is coming to it other than a faster chip and probably higher price? Have a feeling I will wait until March and the starting price will jump by $200-300 just to keep up with inflation and all.

Jankie

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2022
In fact, the base M1 MBA (8gb of ram) continues to service my family to this day. We have two users logged in (with fast user switching enabled), and the thing is a beast.

I can’t bring myself to buy another one in 2023 (it’s a character flaw on my part, knowing a newer model is out, tho I know it’s still a good buy), but I would still recommend it for someone cash strapped. It’s $849 refurbed on Apple’s store with 2 day delivery.

Yeah, Best Buy has had this deal for seemingly months at a time, including now. However, I do like Amazon’s return window better if you’re just looking for a test drive.
100%. I had the base M1 Mac Mini and had a similar experience. Just upgraded to the base Mac Studio to drive 4 displays. However, if the Mini could do that, there would have been no reason for me to upgrade as the Mini was excellent.

Mr.Suave

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2022
USA East Coaster
Is anyone else disappointed with Amazon’s Apple Store selection? It could be blamed on Apple’s not giving the option but regardless the ability to customize configs for the MacBook Pros on Amazon is seriously limited. Want a 2TB version? -not available on Amazon. Want a certain color? Nope! Want some RAM choices? Amazon says ‘get the f out’

You can customize on B and H and other big retailer’s website but Amazon has always been lacking. Any ideas why this is? It’s a shame

james2538

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
All 16GB of ram, which will be insufficient if you plan on owning this for 5 years, or hope to get decent resale value if you plan to sell it at year 3.

16GB is more than plenty for most use cases (see YouTube stress tests). 32GB is overkill unless you're using professional grade applications or are into photography as more than just a hobby. In which case you're probably getting the M1 Max anyways.

Resale value will be fine. The 8GB MacBook Pros didn't suddenly drop once 16GB became standard. I also don't see stingy apple making 32GB standard anytime soon.

james2538

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
However, I do like Amazon’s return window better if you’re just looking for a test drive.

FYI, Amazon's Return Policy for laptops doesn't allow returns unless damaged or unopened. If they find out they will impose a 15% re-stocking fee.

• New desktop, laptops, or tablets (excluding Kindle E-readers and Fires) purchased from Amazon.com that didn't start when they arrived, arrived in damaged condition, or is still in an unopened box can be returned for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
  • Amazon.com may test computers that are returned because they didn't start when they arrived and impose a customer fee equal to 15 percent of the product sales price if the customer misrepresents the condition of the product.

Reactions: Thisismattwade

james2538

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
I ended up pulling the trigger on a 14" M1 MacBook Pro last week. Got tired of waiting for the new ones since they might not be released until WWDC. Plus the current ones are discounted enough it's not a huge hit on resale if I choose to upgrade once again after the next generation hits the refurbished store (usually 4-6 months after release).

It's a pretty amazing computer coming from a 2019 16" MacBook Pro. I've yet to hear the fans turn on and I forgot what it was like to use a laptop without it cooking my legs. Also didn't think the 120Hz screen would make such a big difference for someone who mostly does office work but scrolling and any system animations are vastly smoother.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I would buy one of these now, but I have too many computers. Also, my M1 MBP is doing just super fine. Apple started off this generation with some solid machines, but I feel like the market is so saturated.

BipedalOS

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2022
Is anyone else disappointed with Amazon’s Apple Store selection? It could be blamed on Apple’s not giving the option but regardless the ability to customize configs for the MacBook Pros on Amazon is seriously limited. Want a 2TB version? -not available on Amazon. Want a certain color? Nope! Want some RAM choices? Amazon says ‘get the f out’

You can customize on B and H and other big retailer’s website but Amazon has always been lacking. Any ideas why this is? It’s a shame
Amazons decision. Not Apple. They carry what they can sell 10,000 of in a day or they won’t stock it.

nick42983

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2009
Warsaw, Poland
I believe Adorama still has the deal going with an Appleinsider coupon code: $1950 for the 10-core/1TB 14" and $70 off Applecare too. This is how I got mine up a few weeks ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.