Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's 64GB Wi-Fi iPad mini 6 has hit $399.99 on Amazon, down from an original price of $499.00. We've seen this deal a few times in 2022, but it's rarely been available in stock for all colors of the iPad mini, as it is this week.

ipad-mini-purple.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The iPad mini is shipped and sold directly from Amazon, with the fastest delivery estimated to arrive on September 9, and free delivery estimated for September 11. As of writing, only Amazon is offering $99 off the iPad mini.

Not only the 64GB Wi-Fi model is on sale, as you can also get the 256GB Wi-Fi iPad mini for $549.99, down from $649.00. Additionally, the 64GB Cellular model is available for $549.99 and the 256GB Cellular model is on sale for $699.99, both sales representing $99 discounts on the 2021 iPad mini.

For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

Article Link: Deals: Get $99 Off Every Model of Apple's iPad Mini 6, Starting at $399.99

tonywalker23

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2003
SC
Really enjoy my iPad mini. Stopped using my iPad Pro when I got it. My only wish is that they would make an apple keyboard for it. I know most people say it would be too small, but I had a cheap keyboard case from woot for my iPad mini (2nd 3rd generation I think it was?) years ago that fit me perfectly. that is the only thing I miss from the pro, the ability to have a keyboard cover.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Makes me wonder why - will a new mini be one more thing? I have a gen 4 but I really want to see magsafe charging before I buy another one. Oh and a starting memory of 128K

Last edited:
Reactions: JLD94

roncron

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
The Mini's not for everyone, but I sure love mine. I rarely use my 11" iPad Pro anymore. The only thing I miss on the Mini is Face ID.

• Love
Reactions: thejoshuabradshaw

The Game 161

macrumors Penryn
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I use my mini 6 way more than I expected. I use my 12.9 iPad Pro less to be honest. Ideal for my media content though and when I’m on the indoor bike. Mini gives me the portability that the pro can’t provide.

CalfCanuck

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Just was in a Florida Costco, the base 14” M1 MBP is currently $1599.99! The base 16” is $2099.99.

Is there any chance M2 upgrades are coming soon?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 14

seanbperiod

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2009
I bought the mini 6, but ended up returning and enjoying my mini 5. I missed the bezels and touch ID. I usually hold it in landscape mode for gaming/web browsing and it was awkward to hold without the bezels, and face id is slow and also awkward.

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2013
I have and use an 11” iPad Pro at home for photo/video editing as well as sketching. Works great. It even replaced my laptop. I travel a lot and altho the iPad Pro is much more portable than my laptop was, sometimes, I want to travel really light. That’s where my iPad mini 6 comes in. It is the perfect size digital sketchbook for me when on the go. Plus it can still handle photo & video editing as well with a bigger screen than my iPhone.

mikedude86

Contributor
Sep 2, 2010
Love this deal! bought a Wi-Fi only mini 6 last week, starting a new job in a couple weeks that’s in office a few days a week, so exchanged for a cellular version for only 50 bux more.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
I bought the mini 6, but ended up returning and enjoying my mini 5. I missed the bezels and touch ID. I usually hold it in landscape mode for gaming/web browsing and it was awkward to hold without the bezels, and face id is slow and also awkward.

This is an underrated point (I also have and love the Mini 5)

On something this small, the bezels are really nice to have for "grippability" and a place for your hands to go with no chance of accidental touch inputs.

All that said, I really hope Apple makes an Mini 7 Pro

Frankras

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
This is an underrated point (I also have and love the Mini 5)

On something this small, the bezels are really nice to have for "grippability" and a place for your hands to go with no chance of accidental touch inputs.

All that said, I really hope Apple makes an Mini 7 Pro
Love my mini 5 too. Only thing I regret is that I didn't buy it with cellular.

• Love
Reactions: turbineseaplane

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Love my mini 5 too. Only thing I regret is that I didn't buy it with cellular.

Same - Just recently corrected that with a great preowned Cellular Mini 5.

I tend to use my cellular through a hotspot for sharing with folks on trips, but when I'm solo I like to pop the same SIM into the iPad itself -- wonderful flexibility to have.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2016
I'm so tempted. Has anyone found a Bluetooth keyboard for the mini they really like?

Reactions: srbNYC

JLD94

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2017
Texas
Makes me wonder why - will a new mini be one more thing? I have a gen 4 but I really want to see magsafe charging before I buy another one. Oh and a starting memory of 128K
That's what I am wondering.... why a sale all of a sudden. I didn't think that it was getting updated, but I am wondering if it might.

I am looking to get a mini for a specific reason. I am wondering if I should hop on one of these incase a new one is coming out with a price increase. Hummmm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.