Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's M2 13-inch MacBook Pro is seeing a pair of discounts today on Amazon for both the 256GB and 512GB models. Both of these deals are in stock and have estimated delivery dates between March 16 and March 20.

m2-macbook-pro-green.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Starting with the 256GB 13-inch MacBook Pro, this model has hit $1,149.00 on Amazon, down from $1,299.00. Compared to past sales, this is a second-best price on the computer. It's been months since we've seen all-time lows on this computer, so this is still a great markdown on the 2022 MacBook Pro.

Secondly, the 512GB 13-inch MacBook Pro is on sale for $1,399.00, down from $1,499.00. This is another second-best price on the 13-inch MacBook Pro, and it's only available in Space Gray on Amazon.

You can find even more discounts on other MacBooks by visiting our Best Deals guide for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. In this guide we track the steepest discounts for the newest MacBook models every week, so be sure to bookmark it and check back often if you're shopping for a new Apple notebook. Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Deals: Get Apple's M2 13-Inch MacBook Pro for Up to $150 Off, Starting at $1,149

CarAnalogy

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2021
A very popular product and good seller that commenters on the internet don't understand why it exists. Perhaps the problem is not the product, but that commenters on the internet don't understand business or markets very well at all.

It doesn’t make sense if you’re aware of the other options on the market or of what you actually want out of a computer.

They are very popular with regular users because all they see is that it’s the cheapest MacBook Pro. Pretty sure that’s the beginning and end of its success.

So really both reasons are correct. People that understand computers don’t get it because it’s not about the computer it’s about the marketing.

23Aaron

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2021
Air is better than Pro. RIDICULOUS.
The Pro comes with better battery life, and a cooling fan, and isn't too much heavier. If you aren't waiting for a BTO (most people aren't) it also comes with a faster charger, all for the same price if you go 512GB.

Reactions: sorgo †

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Apple products with an outdated design that exist solely to occupy lower price point:

• MacBook Air M1
  • 13-inch MacBook Pro
  • iPad (9th Generation)
  • iPhone SE
  • iPhone 12
  • iPhone 13 (IMO, mini doesn't count as it remains the only mini form factor phone in the lineup)
  • AirPods (2nd Generation)

Reactions: triom

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
Apple products with an outdated design that exist solely to occupy lower price point:

• MacBook Air M1
  • 13-inch MacBook Pro
  • iPad (9th Generation)
  • iPhone SE
  • iPhone 12
  • iPhone 13 (IMO, mini doesn't count as it remains the only mini form factor phone in the lineup)
  • AirPods (2nd Generation)
The AirPods are an older design, but I wouldn’t consider them outdated. It’s a classic design that hit the perfect balance between features, comfort, and price. They are still a popular choice. I wouldn’t place them in the same category as the products you listed. They are certainly not leftovers.

PauloSera

Suspended
Oct 12, 2022
It doesn’t make sense if you’re aware of the other options on the market or of what you actually want out of a computer.

They are very popular with regular users because all they see is that it’s the cheapest MacBook Pro. Pretty sure that’s the beginning and end of its success.

So really both reasons are correct. People that understand computers don’t get it because it’s not about the computer it’s about the marketing.
People that understand computers make up less than half of the customers. Way, way, way less than half.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016

Welp, guess I don’t “understand computers” then because I’ve been daydreaming about a 13” M3 MacBook Pro 🫠

ZircoBen

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2015
Utah, USA
In spite of how much I love the Touch Bar, I probably would still choose the Air over this. There’s something to having a laptop that’s a fresh and new design; and MagSafe + webcam improvements are REAL improvements in the Air.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
Ha ok fair enough, who am I to tell people what they should like. Can I ask what about that in particular appeals to you? Is it the Touch Bar?
I just don’t have the needs or budget for a fancy 16” or even 14” MacBook Pro as the line stands now, but I don’t want my next MacBook to throttle like my Air if I want to do something more taxing. The 13” Pro is Goldilocks material for people like me. Not too decked-out and somewhat accessible, but still performative and relatively “future-proof” (whatever that means). Apple are masters of the upsell, but having various price points is of some benefit to consumers as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.