Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.


macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today has all-time low prices on Apple's new 15-inch MacBook Air in both 256GB and 512GB options. You can get the 256GB 15.3-inch MacBook Air for $1,099.00, down from $1,299.00.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This sale is available in three colors: Midnight, Starlight, and Silver. All models are in stock and have an estimated delivery date between September 6 and September 11. These notebooks debuted this past June and we last tracked this record low price in August.

Additionally, Amazon has the 512GB 15.3-inch MacBook Air on sale for $1,299.00, down from $1,499.00. This one is available in three colors and has an estimated delivery date between September 6 and September 11 as well.

The new MacBook Air features a large 15.3-inch Liquid Retina display, M2 processor, six-speaker system, two Thunderbolt ports, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and MagSafe. The 15.3-inch MacBook Air is mostly similar to the 2022 13.6-inch MacBook Air, but there are some key differences that we highlighted in our buyer's guide.

Head to our full Deals Roundup to get caught up with all of the latest deals and discounts that we've been tracking over the past week.

Article Link: Deals: Get Apple's New 15-Inch MacBook Air for $200 Off on Amazon
  • Haha
Reactions: Mity


macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2017
It really is insane given how much NAND prices have crashed. Top-end PCIE 4.0 drives like the WD SN850X can be had for under $100 now with 2TB of capacity.
Insane for sure. Where you finding a 2TB under $100? I can only see them for $120 which is still an insane price.


macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Wake me when 16GB of RAM goes on sale...

They dont usually offer custom specs, so I think you’re going to be asleep for a long time.

The reason they have to sell these for $200 off is because a lot of people are upgrading the RAM. I feel like anyone doing even a little bit of research will upgrade the RAM. Amazon probably is sitting on a boat load of these.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
I truly wish I had a reason I could buy this, but I can’t justify it. Between my still working Early 2015 Broadwell, my M1 MBP, iPad Pro, iPhone and Windows desktop. I’m all teched out.
  • Like
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎


Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Over the past three decades, I've used/owned several Macs - both laptops and desktops. My 15" MBA 16/1 TB has been my favorite Mac to date. Ridiculously capable, hyper-portable, completely silent. It is a perfect machine for 98% of Mac users. The remaining 2% that are billing clients (where time = money) are definitely in the maxed-out MBP (or desktop) tier.

But as many have stated, 16/512 needs to be the baseline.
  • Love
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎


macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2023
At 2289 euros for 16gb 1tb (Apple store Netherlands): I could not justify that price when I was eyeing around and eventually bought a refurbished 14” M1pro (1 battery cycle only) for 1829…Indeed, the base should be 512gb/16gb and they would be flying of the shelves. Those upgrade prizes are a pure ripoff: the difference between a 256gb to 1tb upgrade is 460 euros. I can get a new PS5 with a 825gb ssd built in for that price…


macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2014
Insane for sure. Where you finding a 2TB under $100? I can only see them for $120 which is still an insane price.
I see the SN850X 1TB for $75 and the 2TB for $120 on Amazon (both shipped & sold by Amazon). I actually ordered the 1TB model yesterday for my NUC. Apple needs to wake up, especially after news of the horrible sales of the 15" MBA.
  • Like
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.