Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Verizon this week has a series of ongoing discounts on Apple's official iPhone cases, including Leather and Silicone Cases for the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max.

case-sale-may-2020.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Verizon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

These sales start as low as $16.00 for an iPhone 11 Pro Silicone Case, while most other cases are priced at $19.99. For these sales, you'll also need to add the iPhone cases to your cart before you see the discounts.

iPhone 11
iPhone 11 Pro
iPhone 11 Pro Max
If you're on the hunt for more discounts, be sure to visit our Apple Deals roundup where we recap the best Apple-related bargains of the past week.

Article Link: Deals: Get Apple's Official Silicone and Leather iPhone 11 Cases for as Low as $16 at Verizon

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2013
Do the silicone cases have a lip that comes up and protects the front of the phone? It looks like they don’t have much protection on the bottom. I had an Apple leather case for an old iPhone (maybe the 6?) and it offered almost no protection for the bottom and front of the phone. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a case.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Do the silicone cases have a lip that comes up and protects the front of the phone? It looks like they don’t have much protection on the bottom. I had an Apple leather case for an old iPhone (maybe the 6?) and it offered almost no protection for the bottom and front of the phone. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a case.
Not much on the face nor the bottom. I think these cases are more of a fashion accessory/grip improver than for protection from a drop.

Reactions: armandxp

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Not much on the face nor the bottom. I think these cases are more of a fashion accessory/grip improver than for protection from a drop.
I have the silicon case on my xs max. I put it on a window sill about 5 feet off the ground thinking it would be safe. It somehow slid off and hit the wood floor of the bedroom. Thinking the worse I picked it up and took the case off and didn't see any damage at all. Whether the max is made well, silicon case provides protection and a combination of both, my anecdotal story had a positive ending.

Reactions: FreakinEurekan

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
That's a great deal. Silicone is a rare earth metal. They need to use sonar to find it. It's actually formed when two fossils love each other over millions of years.

• Angry
Reactions: td241

JeffPerrin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
Really disappointed with Apple's choice of cases (for iPhone 11. No leather?!?). Went with 3rd party solution for the first time ever & saved a bundle in the process!

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
I understand people who waste money on crappy apple cases about as well as I understand people who waste money on crappy Apple Watch bands... theres far better stuff out there for far less. this is not their forte

Wyrmdog

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2020
I just went with Spigen instead of waiting for a sale. Never had an issue with them. Great on my Pixel, great on this. Always cheaper than 'official' stuff. If you like the look of naked but don't want to risk it, thin and clear cases are pretty great. This one even has a lip to keep the glass protected.

spigen case order.png

crisss1205

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2008
NYC
Verizon actually has 50% off on all their cases. iPhone, iPad, Android from pretty much every brand.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I have the silicon case on my xs max. I put it on a window sill about 5 feet off the ground thinking it would be safe. It somehow slid off and hit the wood floor of the bedroom. Thinking the worse I picked it up and took the case off and didn't see any damage at all. Whether the max is made well, silicon case provides protection and a combination of both, my anecdotal story had a positive ending.
The 11 Pro Max seems to be stronger than the X. My wife's iPhone X and my 11 Pro Max were both knocked off a countertop onto a tile floor (normal countertop height, 40" or whatever). The X was in a thin case (not Apple's, a cheap knockoff) and the 11 Pro Max was "Naked". The glass back on the X cracked, the 11 Pro Max was unharmed.

Ah well, good thing we have AppleCare+. Got a new X overnighted in via Express Replacement for $99.

Reactions: I7guy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.