Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon is offering the 2021 32GB Apple TV 4K for $159.99, down from $179.00. This discount will be seen after a $10 coupon is automatically applied at the checkout screen.

apple-tv-4k-design-green.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Today's sale is about $10 off from the all-time low price for the 32GB Apple TV 4K, and it's a match for the best deal seen so far in 2022. The Apple TV 4K is available for the usual free Prime shipping options, and it's in stock and ready to ship today.

Final price includes $10 taken off at checkout.

You can also get the 64GB Apple TV 4K for $189.98, down from $199.00. We've seen this Apple TV 4K discounted by an additional $10, so this sale is a second-best price. This model is also sold by Amazon, and it's in stock and ready to ship today.

Although the sales on these Apple TV models aren't particularly steep, they are the best offers around and worth checking out if you're still on the market for the newest Apple TV 4K. You can keep an eye out on Apple TV deals in our Best Apple TV 4K Deals guide.

Article Link: Deals: Get the 32GB Apple TV 4K for $159.99 ($19 Off)

Awax3000

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2022
Is it just me or is the price still $169.99 on Amazon?

Glideslope

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Is it just me or is the price still $169.99 on Amazon?

I think it’s an error in the article. It’s still the same deal that’s been running. $179 minus $10 off coupon.

Unless the article was released too early.

JoeInMilwaukee

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2015
Milwaukee, WI
It does mention a coupon being applied automatically at the checkout screen. So maybe you actually have to get to the checkout before the $159.99 appears (I haven't tried going that far).

Love-hate 🍏 relationship

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2021
guys is the apple tv really worth it ?

i mean it supports hdr ,sure ,but other than that...no hdr10+

and dolby vision support is pure **** ,not only does it require profile 5 but not even all of them work..only itunes dvhe05.06 releases work properly

unless you get all of your stuff from apple/apple tv+ etc,is it rly worth it ? vs a nvidia shield for example

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
guys is the apple tv really worth it ?

i mean it supports hdr ,sure ,but other than that...no hdr10+

and dolby vision support is pure **** ,not only does it require profile 5 but not even all of them work..only itunes dvhe05.06 releases work properly

unless you get all of your stuff from apple/apple tv+ etc,is it rly worth it ? vs a nvidia shield for example
I recently purchased a 4k LG smart TV. It has apps for all the major streaming services, including Apple TV app. I debated connecting my previous generation Apple TV. I chose not to in order to see if I missed anything. So far I've haven't had a reason to connect it.

I suspect these set top boxes will have have less and less appeal as more people transition to 4k or 8k TV's

DiceMoney

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
This new Apple TV version is working much better with Plex than the 2015 version.
Also works much better with Homepods, than the older version.

It might be a bit pricy, but it's working extremely well nonetheless.

MReprogle

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2022
I already have the nVidia Shield, which does 4K AI Upscaling. Does anyone that has both notice a difference? I have been told the Shield is all around better and has more support for Dolby Atmos content, but haven't looked into it in awhile.

Minxy

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2012
I love my Apple TV and anyone entrenched within the Apple ecosystem should have one.
I’m entrenched but for me this is a useless product. It’s expensive for what it is (a streaming app player), redundant and I can’t think of a single feature besides iCloud photos that is unique to it. I thankfully have access to the Apple TV app through my TV, it also offers Airplay. i get that some will enjoy it but for most people they simply don’t need it.

bearcatrp

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2008
Boon Docks USA
Wife gave me the 4K for Christmas. Already have previous version in the bedroom. The 4K studders bad. My older one steams fine. Would not recommend the 4K version.

LlamaLarry

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
Northern VA
I recently purchased a 4k LG smart TV. It has apps for all the major streaming services, including Apple TV app. I debated connecting my previous generation Apple TV. I chose not to in order to see if I missed anything. So far I've haven't had a reason to connect it.

I suspect these set top boxes will have have less and less appeal as more people transition to 4k or 8k TV's
OTOH, I do everything I can to minimize interacting with the terrible webOS on my C1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.