Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon this week is offering Apple's newest 64GB iPad Air for $559.00, down from $599.00 in green and sky blue. This $40 off sale is a match for the previous low price that we saw for this tablet earlier in 2020.

ipad-air-arrive-feature.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Fortunately, shipping times are also improving in comparison to similar sales earlier in December. As of writing, shipping estimates suggest stock will return between January 13 to 17, compared to early February estimates from a week or so ago.

You can place your order today to lock in this lowest-ever price. The 2020 iPad Air features a 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display with True Tone, the A14 Bionic chip, Touch ID, 12MP back camera and 7MP front camera, and a slim design similar to the iPad Pro.

For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

Article Link: Deals: Get the 64GB iPad Air for $559 on Amazon ($40 Off, Lowest Price)

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I got the best deal on a iPad Mini 4 in mid October.

Often now, the prices can be higher during during special deal days (Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc) than the best prices during the year.

Reactions: KeithBN

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
May 27, 2014
Solid I wanted one of these back when they first were announced but it was impossible to find them at my local Best Buy in the color I wanted. Maybe I'll check this out.

Reactions: zooby

FilmIndustryGuy

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2015
Manhattan Beach, CA
The best deal is getting these from someone who got it as a student. I paid $400 for a new mini 5 256gb with Smart Cover and 3 year AppleCare cash from a medical student. Found out if you buy these from university, the Apple care is 3 years instead of 2.

johnmarki

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2020
Is it just me, or have iPads (in general, all models) had larger discounts this entire year compared to years before?...Maybe I'm just more cognizant of it this year. ?‍♂️

efp722

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2008
Philly
Coming from a 2016 iPad Pro 9.7 inch, finally getting the new iPad Air last week was a breath of fresh air. My iPad Pro was by no means slow, still very very capable of handling everything, but man!- the new iPad Air zips.

snipr125

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2015
UK
The long press Touch ID is faster, actually.

Absolutely, in fact you don't even need to hard press down on the Power button, but just rest your finger and your instantly at your Home Page, no swipe up required! But seriously though, just love my Ipad Air 4, its practically the best all round Ipad you can get right now in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.