MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Both Amazon and Staples are now offering the AirPods Pro for $199.00, down from $249.00. This $50 discount is among the best prices that we've ever tracked for a new pair of AirPods Pro.

AirPods-Pro-Dsicount-Feature.png
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon and Staples. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

At Staples, the AirPods Pro are available for free shipping with an expected delivery date of Wednesday, September 16. You can also choose to pick up the AirPods Pro in stores. The $50 savings will expire on Saturday, September 19, or while supplies last, and it's likely that Staples will run out of stock at this price before that date.

Amazon will deliver the AirPods Pro in as little as two days, arriving on Tuesday, September 15. There is no set end date for the Amazon deal, but it will likely be matching the low price until Staples runs out of stock.

Staples also has Apple's AirPods with Charging Case for $129.00, down from $159.00, which is a price that's matching Amazon's current sale. Head to Staples soon to shop the AirPods discounts before they expire.

We track sales for every model of the AirPods in our Best AirPods Deals guide, so be sure to bookmark that page while you shop around for the wireless headphones. Additionally, our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Update 8:23 a.m.: Amazon is now matching Staples' price on the AirPods Pro.

Update 9/14: You can also get a bundle with the AirPods Pro and AppleCare+ at $218.00, down from around $278.00 on Amazon.

Article Link: Deals: Get the AirPods Pro for $199.00 at Amazon and Staples ($50 Off) [Updated]

Last edited:
Reactions: Lionel Messi

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
I dislike them but definitely a good price compared to regular.

Last edited by a moderator:
Comment

thadoggfather

macrumors G5
Oct 1, 2007
If a Costco member id recommend ponying up the extra $15 for return policy peace of mind and to not have to drive around like a madman to find a unit they’re willing to sell in their back room

Reactions: Glideslope
Comment

4jasontv

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2011
I would have liked them to mention the free AirPod's with Student Discount, compared this sale with all time low on non-pro airpod prices, explored where the $50 off price fits with previous accessory discounts, or mentioned that we have an event that may have an upcoming announcement associated with this product. Considering how inconsistent the return policy on technology it would have been appropriate to mention what Staples return policy is.

For what it's worth, I love my AirPod Pros but still use a set of the AirPod normies. During the day I use the Pro's but at night I sleep with the regular airpods as I find they help block out enough noise and they don't fall out or hurt when I roll on my side.

Comment

amartinez1660

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2014
Damn, I just gifted a pair to a sister of mine for her birthday last Thursday, that $50 discount would have been a more of a no-brainer, that’s a great price point honestly (I happen to love mine).

I would have liked them to mention the free AirPod's with Student Discount, compared this sale with all time low on non-pro airpod prices, explored where the $50 off price fits with previous accessory discounts, or mentioned that we have an event that may have an upcoming announcement associated with this product. Considering how inconsistent the return policy on technology it would have been appropriate to mention what Staples return policy is.

For what it's worth, I love my AirPod Pros but still use a set of the AirPod normies. During the day I use the Pro's but at night I sleep with the regular airpods as I find they help block out enough noise and they don't fall out or hurt when I roll on my side.

Agreed, I’m all good to know first hand when there’s a discount running around. This $50 discount is a 20% one, which is huge for an Apple product.
This year though there seems to be discounts all over the place, previous years and long before (say 5 years ago), it was close to impossible to find deals besides a minor $50 off on a $2K laptop or refurbished ones. Then suddenly Adorama, B&H Photo, Amazon etc started offering better and better deals over time... something changed at Apple maybe.

Comment

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Just a tip for others who order these and go through the same frustration I had of one of your ear canals being the wrong size and causing an AirPod to continually falling out of your ear:

Get either some foam tips or the silicone ear hooks that secure them in your ear. The issue described above was annoying enough that I was ready to return these until I found that solution in the AirPods sub-forum.

Comment

thadoggfather

macrumors G5
Oct 1, 2007
Damn, I just gifted a pair to a sister of mine for her birthday last Thursday, that $50 discount would have been a more of a no-brainer, that’s a great price point honestly (I happen to love mine).

Agreed, I’m all good to know first hand when there’s a discount running around. This $50 discount is a 20% one, which is huge for an Apple product.
This year though there seems to be discounts all over the place, previous years and long before (say 5 years ago), it was close to impossible to find deals besides a minor $50 off on a $2K laptop or refurbished ones. Then suddenly Adorama, B&H Photo, Amazon etc started offering better and better deals over time... something changed at Apple maybe.

Might be able to retroactively price match depending on where you got it from

Reactions: amartinez1660
Comment

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
This more than anything else makes me thing there may be an Airpods-related announcement this week.

Been going back and forth between Airpods Pro and Powerbeats Pro. I have Sony headphones for Noise cancelling, so leaning towards the Powerbeats for working out. Hard to drop pretty much the same price for those as the NC Airpods Pro though.

And now Bose announces a set of NC earbuds. I both love and hate all the choices.

Comment

Tofupunch

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
Just a tip for others who order these and go through the same frustration I had of one of your ear canals being the wrong size and causing an AirPod to continually falling out of your ear:

Get either some foam tips or the silicone ear hooks that secure them in your ear. The issue described above was annoying enough that I was ready to return these until I found that solution in the AirPods sub-forum.
Any recommendations?

Comment

gene731

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2015
In the settings of possibly a new model on Tuesday and the new Bose EarBuds, I will wait :)
I am going to get the Soapstone Bose. Probably not until Christmas.Then that way I can see if there are any issues with the Bose from maybe like YouTube reviewers or reviews in general.

Reactions: Pentium
Comment

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Any recommendations?

I personally went with these but if you go on Amazon and search for “Airpods Pro Silicone Ear Hooks” you will find a number of good options which are all basically identical :)

I debated for awhile between memory foam tips and silicone ear hooks before finally decided on the hooks for a few reasons:

1. Hooks were cheaper @ only $10, versus buying the memory foam tips at $30. So if I didn’t like the hooks I wouldn’t be out as much $ unlike if I went with the memory foam tips first.
  2. Hooks have a silicone layer that goes over the head of the AirPods Pro. I saw threads in the AirPods Pro sub-forum that one of the mesh vents on the AirPods Pro can become clogged up with ear gunk over time (with people recommending blue tac tape to try and get it out from clogging the mesh). With the silicone hooks going over the head of the AirPods Pro it creates a very minuscule, but imo important, separation of that vent away from direct contact against your ear so it doesn’t get clogged over time.
  3. Based on the reviews I read on both, the silicone hooks (while more annoying to have to carry around and have to put on / take off each time), keep the AirPods Pro more secure in your ear for running & other workouts.
You can’t go wrong either way though. I’ve seen posts of people who even use both. Either way I’d simply try it out and check out the AirPods Pro forum for answers in case you get frustrated like I was instead of returning them.

Reactions: Tofupunch
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.