Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today has a collection of sales on Apple's 2021 M1 iMac lineup, including a match of the all-time low price on the 8-core GPU/256GB SSD model. As of writing, only Amazon is offering these deals.

iMac-Deals-Teal.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The focus of the discounts this time around is on the 8-core GPU/256GB SSD 24-inch iMac, available for $1,349.99 in four colors, down from $1,499.00. You'll need to add the iMac to your cart and head to checkout to see the deal price.

Note: You won't see the deal price until checkout.

If you're looking for an entry-level model on sale, Amazon is offering the 7-core GPU/256GB 24-inch iMac for $1,199.00, down from $1,299.00. This one is only available in Blue and stock is dwindling fast on the model.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Deals: Get Up to $149 Off Apple's 24-Inch iMac Thanks to Record Low Prices on Amazon

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
I have the 8-core model and its a great machine. I was using a 2015 MBP in a docking station as my daily driver. Now that I don't need the portability, I upgraded to the M1 iMacs. I could've gotten a Mac Mini since I had all the necessary accessories, but went for the iMac for the design and to get rid of some of the accessories. Couldn't be happier. Now that sales are knocking the price down, I still think they're a good buy.

Reactions: cb3

Shasterball

Suspended
Oct 19, 2007
I have the 8-core model and its a great machine. I was using a 2015 MBP in a docking station as my daily driver. Now that I don't need the portability, I upgraded to the M1 iMacs. I could've gotten a Mac Mini since I had all the necessary accessories, but went for the iMac for the design and to get rid of some of the accessories. Couldn't be happier. Now that sales are knocking the price down, I still think they're a good buy.
Same here - I have the 8 core M1 w/16gB RAM. It's a solid machine. Plenty of horsepower for moderate activity. My mid-2011 27" iMac lasted me 10 years, until I got this one. These are the best products Apple makes IMO.

That being said, I think I would wait for the refreshed version at this point, or a deeper sale for the holidays.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Same here - I have the 8 core M1 w/16gB RAM. It's a solid machine. Plenty of horsepower for moderate activity. My mid-2011 27" iMac lasted me 10 years, until I got this one. These are the best products Apple makes IMO.

That being said, I think I would wait for the refreshed version at this point, or a deeper sale for the holidays.

Before my MBP, I used an iMac that I bought in 2011, but think it may have been a 2009 machine. I bought it used on eBay. It lasted me until 2016, I think the hard drive may have went bad. Had I gotten the machine new or upgraded to an SSD, I probably could have gotten close to a decade from it, it wasn’t really any slower than my 2015 MBP for most tasks.

The thing about the iMac that makes it so compelling is when you break down quality of the individual components. It’s hard to get everything this machine does right in one package, regardless of manufacturer.

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
I just bought a used one for only 1050,- Euro. Apart from a dusty keyboard, you can't really tell that it's not brand-new. You do want that fingerprint sensor, it's amazing. And on top of that I met a fellow Apple fanboy and we shared our love stories. Past generations must have felt that way talking about cars.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.