Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today we're tracking a set of deals on accessories for the iPad and iPad Pro, including the best-ever price on the Apple Pencil 2, as well as solid markdowns on the Magic Keyboards for the iPad Pro.

2021-Magic-Keyboard-Blue.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Apple Pencil 2

The Apple Pencil 2 has returned to $99.00 on Amazon today, down from $129.00. This remains the best price we've ever tracked for the Apple Pencil 2, and right now only Amazon is offering the discount.

The accessory is available to ship today, with a delivery estimate between September 4 and 7 for most places in the United States.

Magic Keyboard

Additionally, a few Magic Keyboard accessories for the iPad Pro lineup are on sale on Amazon. You can get the 11-inch iPad Pro Magic Keyboard for $249.00, down from $299.00.

You can also get the 12.9-inch iPad Pro Magic Keyboard for $299.00, down from $349.00. Both of these accessories launched in 2021 and feature a trackpad, USB-C port, backlit keys, and a floating cantilever design.

For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

Article Link: Deals: iPad Accessory Sales Include Low Prices on Apple Pencil 2 ($99) and Magic Keyboard ($249)

Kissmo1980

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2021
So, a change to the Magic Keyboards is forthcoming? To accommodate a change in the iPad Pros?

Apple Pencil 3 ?

That's how I see this.

I hope you're right.

I am looking forward to buying (and holding back) the new 12 inch iPad Pro and I hope they update the Magic Keyboard.The previous gen keyboard was nice but I didn't like how easy it got destroyed and scratched. I hope they replace the materials on it.

Apple Pencil 3 - hopefully adds some finishes, I only wish it wouldn't be so slippery.

M1 I had was insanely fast - M2 along with wireless charging would be a nice welcome that I don't really care for personally.

h3ysw5nkan

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2016
I hope you're right.

I am looking forward to buying (and holding back) the new 12 inch iPad Pro and I hope they update the Magic Keyboard.The previous gen keyboard was nice but I didn't like how easy it got destroyed and scratched. I hope they replace the materials on it.

Apple Pencil 3 - hopefully adds some finishes, I only wish it wouldn't be so slippery.

M1 I had was insanely fast - M2 along with wireless charging would be a nice welcome that I don't really care for personally.
Pencil 1 is slippery, Pencil 2 is not.

ToxicBlue

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2020
I hoping they don't refresh neither of those, I want the new iPad Pro 11" but don't want to pay for a new keyboard, mine is just fine, look as good as new and payed a lot for it and pencil, it just works.

Reactions: ThaRuler

mansplains

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2021
True. Pencil 2 is less slippery.
But in my in my sweaty hands, I could you something more rubbery.

Wow - This already sounds weird 😂
You could use a little rubber sleeve pencil grip on the Pencil 1, and can't on Pencil 2 if you intend to attach to side of iPad 😅

Kissmo1980

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2021
You could use a little rubber sleeve pencil grip on the Pencil 1, and can't on Pencil 2 if you intend to attach to side of iPad 😅
Well if there's no Apple Pencil 3 - I will check some rubber cases for the Apple Pencil 2
I saw some options for it.

now I am waiting patiently - I don't have any devices yet.

GeoStructural

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
The magic keyboard is a nice accessory, but it is still $150 dollars overpriced, and a horrible battery hog. The keyboard will kill your battery even when not in use.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
I hope you're right.

A 12 inch to replace the current 11"? Is that what is being talked about?

orl2222

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2003
so cal
Yup Apple Pencil 2 has been on sale a couple of weeks ago at Best Buy for 99.00. I was going to pull the trigger then, but it went to the regular price. Bought it today

GeoStructural

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
Does this indicate a new Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil are coming? I've held off on both to see what happens.

I did exactly that with both accessories. Purchased series 1 of the Pencil and Keyboard and ended up returning both.

Then I got series 2 of both Pencil and Keyboard, it was a nice deal, the pencil is fantastic, and the battery is still strong after 3 years of use. The keyboard is another story, it really is an overpriced, underfeatured battery hog that does nothing to protect the ipad, I had to return it.

I hope the 3rd iteration comes with better battery management, more protection and an extra fold for better angles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.