Deals: iPad Mini 5 Receives Big Discounts Across Every Model, Starting at $350 for 64GB Wi-Fi [Updated]

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon and Best Buy have new sales on the iPad mini 5, providing the lowest prices we've ever tracked for Apple's newest 7.9-inch tablet. These sales cover every version of the iPad mini 5, with prices starting at $349.99 for the 64GB Wi-Fi model and increasing from there.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

On Amazon, the prices seen below will be reflected once you add the iPad mini 5 to your cart and choose "Free No-Rush Shipping" at checkout. For the Best Buy sale, you'll need to be a My Best Buy member to see the discounts, which is free to sign up for if you're interested.
The iPad mini 5 was introduced one year ago in March 2019 with a True Tone display, Touch ID home button, and A12 Bionic chip. The iPad mini 5 is almost identical to the 10.5-inch iPad Air that was released alongside it last year, with the exception of screen size.

Head to our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more discounts on Apple products and related accessories.

Updated with refreshed deals on March 16.

Article Link: Deals: iPad Mini 5 Receives Big Discounts Across Every Model, Starting at $350 for 64GB Wi-Fi [Updated]

Last edited:

aroom

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2014
what's the difference between an iPad and an iPad pro regarding the use of apple pen? are both within the same resolution for drawing/graphic design?

Remy149

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2016
The sale price on these is about $50 too high for this device in general. This thing should be a $299 device that goes on sale for $150-$200.
Sure if it had an older chip and lower specs. The only different between this and the air is screen size

gnipgnop

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2009
what's the difference between an iPad and an iPad pro regarding the use of apple pen? are both within the same resolution for drawing/graphic design?
iPad Pro models that support the 2nd gen Apple Pencil give you the benefit of secondary click support when using the Pencil. That's important if you want to use the Sidecar feature in macOS Catalina and use your iPad as a secondary screen for your Mac or MacBook. A lot of macOS based applications have functions that require the secondary click, so you're not going to get full functionality with iPad models that only support a 1st gen Pencil.

smartbot

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
The only problem is the upcoming iPad mini 6... The mini was updated last march. I wonder if the mini 6 will come out soon?

BigMcGuire

Contributor
Jan 10, 2012
California
I assume you are talking about iPad mini vs iPad Pro?

Biggest difference in size of screen. The refresh rate of the iPad Pro makes it feel a lot more like an actual ink pen/pencil. As someone else mentioned the iPad Pro uses the Apple Pencil 2 - lighter, smaller, and flat on one edge making it more pleasant to write with. Apple Pencil 2 charges wirelessly and doesn't need to be physically connected to something with a cap to lose like the Apple Pencil 1.

Other than that, they share the same tip, and everything else is pretty similar.

Biggest issue for me was size. Going from a 10.5 to a mini 5 just didn't work for me - too small.

Reactions: aroom

Remy149

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2016
I don't even know why the air exists. just make the cheap one and the pro/ minis seem pointless in the age of phablets
I th
$50 off is the lowest price ever?

*scratches head*

My mother in law is ready to replace her Mini 2, but if the biggest discount "ever" just before a potential Mini 6 comes out that may or may not have face ID and looses the home button is $50. We'll wait.
If you want Face ID and no home button your asking for a mini pro which would I flat the price

Tzuten

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2011
I don't even know why the air exists. just make the cheap one and the pro/ minis seem pointless in the age of phablets
To each their own. I use my mini a lot more than my 12.9 Pro. Reading and content consumption plus the ease of typing makes it really what tablets should be for, and that’s not a laptop replacement.

Reactions: FairlyKors

FelicityW

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2011
NY->CA->AZ->MI->AZ
I bought one (we'll see if I keep it...). I had Minis 1, 2 and 4 or something like that. Torn between M5 and the 11" iPad Pro. The new Pros are on the way but a Mini Pro is not going to be among them (and that is my dream iPad). Maybe next year or in the fall. And now, with the C & C crisis, it may be a long time before we see those replacements in any quantity.

ohbrilliance

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
The mini 5 is an excellent device for those who want a powerful but smaller iPad. I take mine everywhere and it’s a lot more portable and convenient, especially on the train. I personally prefer the older design over that of the pros.

Reactions: Solomani

Solomani

macrumors 68040
Sep 25, 2012
Alberto, Canado
$50 off is the lowest price ever?

*scratches head*

My mother in law is ready to replace her Mini 2, but if the biggest discount "ever" just before a potential Mini 6 comes out that may or may not have face ID and looses the home button is $50. We'll wait.
Do we know that a Mini 6 is even going to come out?

imola.zhp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2010
Mud Island (Memphis), TN
If you want Face ID and no home button your asking for a mini pro which would I flat the price
Weird, the iPhone X and XS were not billed as "Pro" phones, so I'm not sure why a face ID mini has to be billed as a "Pro" model. But I do agree that we are living in the generation of the over-use of the word "Pro."

She got her current Mini 2 for Christmas in December of 2013, she has loved it for the past 7 years, its just out of memory and getting a bit slow and buggy. So if there is an inflated "Pro" cost associated with a face-ID mini, I think she will be ok with that considering she will likely keep the device 5+ years.

Do we know that a Mini 6 is even going to come out?
Interesting thought. At first glance you would think that a "sale" would indicate a need to reduce inventory levels, but with the "sale" just being $50 off, perhaps it is just coincidence. Perhaps we are another year away from the mini 6. Or as someone else mentioned above (also quoted) perhaps this is the time for a Mini Pro to be released either in place of the 5 or alongside it.

FairlyKors

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2018
Staines, East London
To each their own. I use my mini a lot more than my 12.9 Pro. Reading and content consumption plus the ease of typing makes it really what tablets should be for, and that’s not a laptop replacement.

I like the iPad mini’s size better than my iPad Pro 11” or my iPhone XR. I think it’s the perfect size when you want something bigger than a phone. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: Solomani
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.