Deals I've missed!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Deweythesecond, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Deweythesecond macrumors newbie

Hello! I am new to the forum, so this is my first post!

I bought a Macbook Pro 15'' (top spec!) 3 months ago, literally 4 or 5 days before the Mid-2010 Macbook was released (not knowing I could've returned my Macbook for the new one!).

I also was not aware on the huge savings I could've gotten, and now I am going to University, I am aware of these things:

• 15% off the Mac.
    • APP for around £47-£59 depending on the size.
    • iPod Touch with the Rebate.
    • Printer Rebate

Meaning I could save around £600! Now I am really frustrated about this, and the fact that I paid full price, £1799 for my Macbook Pro.

Is there a good place to sell my Macbook Pro and then buy a new one or is it not worth it?

Also, 3 months down the line, it's in PERFECT condition, how much would it be worth?

Would really appreciate some feedback as the longer I wait, the longer I miss out on my deals!

Thanks!

2. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Just find something else to be happy about. You will have the opportunity to attend a university. That is really a great thing!

3. Deweythesecond thread starter macrumors newbie

True! And I love the Mac to pieces! Just annoys me that I wasn't probed enough and told to wait to get discounts!

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

That can be easily arranged. :p

5. molala macrumors 6502a

You could sell your MBP if you really want to, but there are always risks in selling and you'd have to compete with the Apple refurb store (selling it at £1499).

My advise is if you are very happy with your MBP, then just keep it. There will always be other opportunities to make the £600. And you can use your edu discount for your next upgrade.

6. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

I would just be happy with what you have, as to sell it to purchase another even with the deals you will still lose money on your original purchase.

7. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

You can get a discount and a free iPod touch when you buy a new Mac?

8. Weshzu macrumors member

hmm are you sure there is rebate on printers as well? http://www.apple.com/ca/promo/
    it says apple computer with a desktop image on it. Does it include MBP? I've seen advertisments about the apple touch and $200 rebate as student but never did they mention about the printers

9. jaredwaynef macrumors member

Just to be honest, the resale value of your computer wouldn't be worth the upgraded 15" MBP. The top of the line (previous gen.) 15" MBP is 2.8 C2Dm while the lowest end model of the 15" (more expensive than most likely what you'll get for your computer on resale) will only be your base i5 processor. I don't think the bustle is worth the extra savings and hassle of reselling, purchasing, etc.

I don't know where you're from, but if there's an Apple Retail store, they may be able to "return" and then purchase the same computer with the added discounts and rebates applicable if you talk to a manager of the store and explain the situation... Maybe. I know here you can do that even if you're out of the return window and have a decent reason. Worst case scenario they tell you no, and you sell the computer to buy a new one.

Just my 2 cents there.

10. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

ah well if it is any consolation we here in NL are always screwed no matter what promo apple is having. The top of the line 15" is €2150 here, which is $2770. in the US it is $2199 and at micorcenter around $2000 i hear.

11. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...from C2D to core iX machines I don't think worrying yourself is that big a deal... now if you bought a C2D machine right before the next Gen Sandy bridge machines came out, well that would be another matter... look on the bright side and enjoy your laptop in Uni!

12. Ca$hflow macrumors 6502

Ca$hflow

Why C2D cost more in Referb then i5?

The exact same thing happened to me! But this is what I learned. My MBP isn't slower then the new i5 for what I use. Turns out my computer is faster then the i5 because my CPU is clocked higher and I don't have any programs that require multi core usage.

Can someone answer this question thou?: Why is it in the referb store my computer costs more then the new i5?:eek: I have matte display, 3.06GHz, 4GB Ram, 500GB 5400RPM HardDrive.