Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

At DailySteals today, you can get Apple's MagSafe Duo Charger for $89.99, down from $129.00 by using the code SBDSMSFE at the checkout screen. This is a brand new model of the MagSafe Duo, and DailySteals offers free shipping to shoppers in the United States.

magsafe-duo-perspective-feature.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with DailySteals. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Overall, this sale marks the lowest price that we've ever tracked on the MagSafe Duo. The previous best price was around $99.99 earlier this year. This accessory offers wireless charging for both the iPhone and the Apple Watch.

Remember that you'll need to enter the promo code SBDSMSFE to see this sale. Once you add the MagSafe Duo to your cart, click "checkout now" to get to the checkout screen. There you'll see a box for coupon/gift certificates and you can enter the code to get the record low price.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Update: The MagSafe Duo is now out of stock on DailySteals.

Article Link: Deals: MagSafe Duo Charger Drops to Record Low Price of $89.99 ($39 Off) [Update: Out of Stock]

Last edited:

xnu

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2004
Probably user error, but I struggle every night to get my phone in the right position on this thing.

Reactions: NMBob

johnnyenv

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2014
I'd honestly prefer a magsafe puck that can also charge an Apple watch. If Apple won't put USB C on the iPhone, could they at least let me consolidate the phone and watch chargers?
how does a USB-C port on the iPhone help achieve consolidating between the two devices?

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
how does a USB-C port on the iPhone help achieve consolidating between the two devices?
It means my iPhone can share a charger with literally every other device I own.

At present, I have to have three chargers at miniumum.
Lightning for my phone.
The Apple Watch puck for my watch.
USB C for my laptop, iPad, 3x headphones, camera, power bank.

If there's a way to get that down to two chargers, I want it. One would be even better but I understand why the watch makes that less feasible.

EDIT: I'm also aware of the many multi-device charging dock/hub things that exist. I don't really consider those to be a great option because I often want to be able to hold and continue using my device while it's charging.

Reactions: ericwn and NMBob

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
When on the road, I have a 30000 mAH battery (and a very large Solar Panel when needed) to provide additional power to my MacBook, iPad, iPhone and Watch as needed. Charging my phone with a cable in this scenario makes more sense, as Wireless charging is less energy savings efficient (about 25% last time I checked).

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
I'd honestly prefer a magsafe puck that can also charge an Apple watch. If Apple won't put USB C on the iPhone, could they at least let me consolidate the phone and watch chargers?
They had that complicated AirPower almost ready to go with whatever number of coils. You would think they could figure out how to build something that just had two coils in it.

Exactly. I wish Apple will update it soon with fast charging
Which is extremely important on a travel charger. I was always hoping the watch would get enough of a charge when I was in the hotel room preparing to go out to dinner, to make it through the night.

I'll give Apple some leeway on releasing products that don't fully support future products, but this is not a cheap charger, and it only lasted one year before it was severely outdated. Fast charge is a tent-pole feature of AW7. You tell me they couldn't sneak it in there last year?

Reactions: fwmireault

GoatmealJones

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2020
This is 100% what i noticed when I traveled a few weeks ago. I brought an external anker battery and between the watch puck being USB A (i have the apple watch 4) and my iphone 13 pro magsafe accesory being the larger puck with USB C it caused a lot of headaches. I had to bring more cords with me than could be ideally. I guess this is the draw of the Duo charger, but unfortunately i dont think the value is right for me at the current time

newbmacuser2021

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
- Backpack
- MacBook Pro 14”
- MagSafe 3
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- Apple Watch 7
- MagSafe Duo
- USB-C Cable

What else do you need on your vacation? Seems pretty compact.

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I thought so to, but I have enjoyed owning it.
I agree...I paid full price when it came out and it has been invaluable to me. I travel a lot for work and this is the best charger I've used to keep my watch and phone charged overnight in hotel rooms. Nice and compact, only one plug, lays right where I want it and easy to see.

At home, I have it on my nightstand next to my bed. Use to charge my watch overnight, but at home, I use the wireless area for my AirPod Pros so they not only stay charged, but are right where I need to grab them when watching TV late at night (through Apple TV).

Reactions: Kram Sacul

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
It means my iPhone can share a charger with literally every other device I own.

At present, I have to have three chargers at miniumum.
Lightning for my phone.
The Apple Watch puck for my watch.
USB C for my laptop, iPad, 3x headphones, camera, power bank.

If there's a way to get that down to two chargers, I want it. One would be even better but I understand why the watch makes that less feasible.

EDIT: I'm also aware of the many multi-device charging dock/hub things that exist. I don't really consider those to be a great option because I often want to be able to hold and continue using my device while it's charging.
I have long thought along this line of reasoning, and my conclusion is that even if the iPhone sported usb-c, I would still be using the same number of cables. I am not going to have just one charger on my desk and then cycle through my various peripherals. I would still be charging them all simultaneously, possibly at night.

So it's either 1 lighting + 1 usb-c for my iPhone and iPad, or 2 usb-c cables for an android phone + iPad. In both scenarios, they still use the same number of cables. .

I suppose the benefit is that when packing my accessories pouch, I can leave out my lightning cable and bring only a single usb-c cable. And the iPhone is long overdue for thunderbolt support, given the current difficulty of getting pro res footage off the device. Apple should have ditched the lightning port with the iPhone X.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
I have long thought along this line of reasoning, and my conclusion is that even if the iPhone sported usb-c, I would still be using the same number of cables. I am not going to have just one charger on my desk and then cycle through my various peripherals. I would still be charging them all simultaneously, possibly at night.

So it's either 1 lighting + 1 usb-c for my iPhone and iPad, or 2 usb-c cables for an android phone + iPad. In both scenarios, they still use the same number of cables. .

I suppose the benefit is that when packing my accessories pouch, I can leave out my lightning cable and bring only a single usb-c cable. And the iPhone is long overdue for thunderbolt support, given the current difficulty of getting pro res footage off the device. Apple should have ditched the lightning port with the iPhone X.
The benefits are that I can charge any device from any charger. I can have one at my desk, one by the couch, one by my bed, one in my bag, etc. My devices never die all at the same time, and this way I have less cables running all over my house.

It's also easier for travelling. One cable and charging brick in the bag and I'm good.

Lastly, and honestly a much smaller reason, is the environmental factor. Yes, at first there would be a bunch of lightning cables going in the trash, but that's going to happen anyway because Apple hasn't updated the connector in like 10 years and at this point we're reaching its limits fast. Apple already ditched the brick in the box, but if I still need two cables in each charging spot, I also need two bricks.

There's literally no good reason to keep lightning on the phone when everything else in their lineup has switched over. I fully agree that they missed the right opportunity to switch with the X and then again with the 11 Pro and Pro Max.

Reactions: ericwn

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021

Or, just add thunderbolt support to lightning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.