Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today has a few first-generation Apple Watch Ultra models available for as low as $698.99, down from $799.00. The last time we tracked this deal was about one month ago, and it is still the best price we've ever seen on the first-generation Apple Watch Ultra.

apple-watch-ultra-orange.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Shoppers should note that only one model has hit $698.99 (the small size Orange Alpine Loop), but all others listed here are priced at or around $699.99, which is still $99 off the Apple Watch Ultra. Models on sale include the Green Alpine Loop (medium), Orange Alpine Loop (all sizes), and the Yellow/Beige Trail Loop (M/L).

Most models are available to ship and arrive before the end of the month, but the Green Alpine Loop has stretched into early October. Apple is set to release the new version of the wearable, the Apple Watch Ultra 2, on Friday, September 22. The second-generation device will be priced similarly as the first at $799.

Head to our full Deals Roundup to get caught up with all of the latest deals and discounts that we've been tracking over the past week.

Article Link: Deals: Multiple First-Gen Apple Watch Ultra Models Now Available for $699.99 ($100 Off)

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

bodonnell202

macrumors 68030
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well this is unfortunate - I've been a huge fan of Apple leather cases since I bought my first one for my iPhone 6s, and that is all I've used since (although the leather case for my iPhone 13 hasn't aged as gracefully as previous iterations). Anyone know of a leather case make with a similar look, feel and quality to older Apple leather cases?

Edit: I don't even know how this ended up here - I wasn't even looking at this article and somehow this got posted in completely the wrong place. I was looking at the article about the finewoven cases at the time.

Last edited:

surfzen21

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2019
New York
Well this is unfortunate - I've been a huge fan of Apple leather cases since I bought my first one for my iPhone 6s, and that is all I've used since (although the leather case for my iPhone 13 hasn't aged as gracefully as previous iterations). Anyone know of a leather case make with a similar look, feel and quality to older Apple leather cases?
You want to put a leather case on your Apple Watch Ultra☹️ 😨 😲

• Haha

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Only $100 off? I got mine $60 off for Black Friday last year, 2 months after its release

ZMacintosh

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2008
it'd be nice if they offered proper neutral color bands as well. at least a base of white band and black band and whatever other colors they can imagine. I dont know why they're not restocking the midnight Ultra watch band.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
Got my Gen 1 for $475 spot cash a few weeks ago. I waited until the used market prices dropped. It still has 2 months left of warranty, though I doubt it’ll need a repair
Where did you buy it? I might be interested in selling one at that price with warranty and 100% battery..

this is not a solicitation just interested where 2nd hand trade/sell at these prices

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
Got my Gen 1 for $475 spot cash a few weeks ago. I waited until the used market prices dropped. It still has 2 months left of warranty, though I doubt it’ll need a repair
This is the real answer. Apple watches rarely hold their value, and the used market is the best way to get a real deal. With the supposed CPU increase in the AWU2, I would think a bigger discount would be warranted than what we saw before the AWU2 came out for new.

roncron

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2011
Most reviews of the Ultra 2 I've seen say the extra brightness and processor speed are marginal improvements at best over the Ultra 1.

I'd consider an Ultra 1 for $650 for the bigger display and longer battery life. Or I'd wait for the Ultra 3 in hopes that it's a bit slimmer and lighter, or at least comes in more than one color option.

Someone said buy the Ultra 2 not the 1 for carbon neutral / sustainability reasons. I'm happy about Apple's sustainability efforts and I agree this is important. But they are not making any more Ultra 1's. If you buy an Ultra 1, you're buying something that was already made, the damage has been done whether you buy it or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.