Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Deals: New All-Time-Lows Hit Powerbeats Pro ($160) and Beats Solo Pro ($170) in Early Black Friday Sales

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A collection of discounts have hit the Powerbeats, Powerbeats Pro, and Beats Solo Pro accessories this week. These new sales are providing early Black Friday pricing on the Powerbeats Pro at $90 off.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This means you can get the Powerbeats Pro for $159.99, down from $249.99 in select colors. On Amazon, this price is available in Lava Red, Moss, and Spring Yellow.

Similarly, the Solo Pro headphones are seeing a new all-time-low price of $169.99 in Red, Light Blue, and Dark Blue on Amazon. For both headphones, other color options are also being discounted, but they're not quite as steep as these prices.

Below we've highlighted each of these deals in a list, focusing on Amazon's sales. If you prefer other retailers, you can find these discounts across a number of retailers, including Apple and Best Buy.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Deals: New All-Time-Lows Hit Powerbeats Pro ($160) and Beats Solo Pro ($170) in Early Black Friday Sales

7thson

macrumors demi-god
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
If you think you might buy Powerbeats Pro, my right one still regularly has a dead battery or won’t connect. Apple did nothing to remedy this because I didn’t buy AC+. Caveat emptor.

Comment

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I want the red, but I don't really need another set of headphones.

I already have AirPod Pros and PowerBeats 3; not too mention, over the ear solo3.

Comment

RFolk

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2019
USA
To me "The beats solo " in terms of sound and build quality is a mediocre product. Once you try Bowers and Wilkins PX7 or the Sennheiser Momentum 3 you will understand why.

Comment

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
Solo Pros have nice features, but the comfort on them is god awful. Target will have the Studio Pros on sale for 179 this Sunday, btw, if you find on-the-ear headphones too painful.

Comment

7thson

macrumors demi-god
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Do the PB Pro have that thumping sound when running on pavement?
No they don’t for me. They may or may not make a better seal in your ears, but I found them to be very good at blocking out ambient sounds, to the extent I could use them while using a leaf blower and still hear the audio. They are the best workout earbuds I’ve tried, but are frustratingly inconsistent with connecting, charging and pairing.

Comment

ryanasimov

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2007
This is the one case where you don't get what you pay for. You would expect great build quality by the price you're paying. Nope.

Would never recommend any Beats product to anyone.
Everyone has different experiences. I've had a pair since they were released (June '19, I believe) and they've been perfect; the battery life is exceptional and since they have the H1 chip they seamlessly switch sources between iOS 14 and MacOS. They're so comfortable that if I'm wearing just one (for a phone call or video conference) that I forget I have it on until I'm reminded by an incoming call or text. I've recommended them to friends and family members and they all love theirs. Just a case of YMMV.

Comment

Complex757

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2016
This is the one case where you don't get what you pay for. You would expect great build quality by the price you're paying. Nope.

Would you care to elaborate, because Airpods Pro's are a lot more problematic than Powerbeat Pro's

Comment

ejin222

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Would you care to elaborate, because Airpods Pro's are a lot more problematic than Powerbeat Pro's
I get that it's always a YMMV type of situation.

I paid $350 for my Studio3. In 9 months, the hinge cracks (not dropped). Apple replaced them for me under warranty. In 11 months, the replacement ear cups break open (again, not dropped). I thought there would be another year warranty on those but because it was a replacement, I was given only a couple months. Apple wanted me to pay $200 to replace a device that broke twice within a year.

Now, my BeatsX - 9 months in - has battery and connectivity issues.

My AirPods Pro's have been perfect since day 1 and so have my regular AirPods.

Personally, I would never recommend any Beats product.

Comment

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Mine don't but I can't get a good seal with them so that may be why.

This. If the buds are embedded too far into the ear canal, you achieve a ‘thumping sound’, [not just when running], but also walking. I think users are pushing the buds too far/tight into the ear, and they really should fit ‘comfortably snug‘, but you don’t want them to the point where they’re too far into the ear, which I suspect is a direct result of the thumping.

Comment

philrock

Contributor
Jul 5, 2015
Oxnard, CA
I've been eyeing wireless for a while. I have the PB style but the wire always gets caught on my neck when I'm running. #thestruggleisreal

Comment

Josh Eddie

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2020

Beats has vastly improved their products since Apple bought them. I had a pair of Powerbeats 3 that were starting to fall apart within a year of owning them. Meanwhile I have had a pair of Powerbeats Pro since they came out (over a year ago) and they have shown no signs of wear.

Can't speak for the over the ear styles though.

Reactions: Agile55
Comment

7thson

macrumors demi-god
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Note, that price at Amazon is only for 3 of the colours though.
If anyone is not interested in those 3 colours, then they are out of luck.
Well in my experience, I was out of luck three months into owning them but yes, I did read the article before posting. My point was the article points to the Amazon sale, not to Target, etc.

Comment

Agile55

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
TX
Early adopter, owned PBP since 4/19 w/ zero issues but after many miles my left one developed issues last week.

That pair is enroute to WA state for diagnosis/repairs & picked up a replacement pair @ BB yesterday for $159. NIB

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.