Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Now that a new family of iPhone models are launching this week, accessories for the previous generation devices are seeing notable discounts. On Amazon, you'll find Silicone, Leather, and Clear Cases for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 11 devices starting as low as $13.99.

iphone-case-sale-921.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

In total, we're tracking sales on cases for the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. The steepest discounts can be found on Clear Cases as well as select Silicone Cases for the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 mini.

iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro

iPhone 12 Pro Max

iPhone 12 mini

iPhone 11

iPhone 11 Pro

iPhone 11 Pro Max

If you're on the hunt for more discounts, be sure to visit our Apple Deals roundup where we recap the best Apple-related bargains of the past week.

Article Link: Deals: Not Upgrading to iPhone 13? Amazon Has Apple's Official iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 Cases for Up to $30 Off

siddavis

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2009
I guess it has been confirmed that the 12 cases will not fit the 13 devices? I know there is a very slight difference in thickness. Are the camera bump dimensions different?

Reactions: iGüey

anthonymoody

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2002
I hate the way they change things *just enough* from year to year that you can't reuse a case from one model to the next. Wife received her 13mini case and you can tell by comparing it to the 12mini case that the latter would somewhat - just barely, but enough - overlap the camera hump and lens ring of the 13mini. Score another point for Apple, -1 for my bank account.

Oohara

Contributor
Jun 28, 2012
Almost jumped on a 12 Pro Max leather case deal but then I read about all the problems with this generation of iPhone official leather cases, seems to explain why there are so many to sell off this time around. I hope they sort out those material concerns for the 13 generation.

Person08

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2021
I guess it has been confirmed that the 12 cases will not fit the 13 devices? I know there is a very slight difference in thickness. Are the camera bump dimensions different?
I think the camera bump on the 13 is wider and a tad shorter.

Reactions: siddavis

primarycolors

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2015
Are these legit? I was thinking of springing for one of the 12 mini leather cases but the reviews strongly suggest they're knockoffs.

tcphoto1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2008
Nashville, TN
I'd love to find an Apple leather case for my iphone11, I didn't care for the silicone case and sent it back. The Third Party bonded leather case I bought just doesn't have a nice patina after nearly a year.

4jasontv

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2011
Why would Apple do that?! They want to sell you a new one.
They didn't have to make the phones different to sell me a new one. The silicon case, at least, peels after a few months of use. Even if upgraded yearly I would prefer a case that looks new to go with it.

ignatius345

macrumors 601
Aug 20, 2015
I really liked the leather Poppy case for my 12 Mini, but that light color did not hold up well at all -- probably more my fault than anything.

The best case I've ever had was the Saddle Brown Apple one for my iPhone 8. It got very worn and darkened and got kind of shiny with use and age, but because it was that "leather" color, it seemed more like it added character than like it was blemished. Even when it got dinged up it looked ok, like a well-used old pair of boots or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.