Deals on 2.4 GHZ White MacBooks

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mBurns, Mar 13, 2011.

1. mBurns macrumors 6502

Hi folks. Just wondering if anyone has heard of any deals running on the 2.4 GHZ white MacBook similar to deal posted at MicroCenter a year or so ago. I'm looking to pick up a white MacBook as long as it's discounted a reasonable amount off MSRP. Otherwise, I'll have to go for an aluminum MacBook Pro.

2. ddehr026 macrumors 6502

I would say you're going to have a tough time finding a "good deal" on that new of a macbook, especially from a retailer. The fact of the matter is is that macbooks just aren't discounted that much. If you really want that model, I would have to say ebay/CL would be your best bet.

3. mBurns thread starter macrumors 6502

I saw an interesting deal offered through MacMall for the base white MacBook for $929 or $949 with some added "goodies" plus no tax.

Just wondering if there was a deal running similar to MicroCenter or if anyone had run into one somewhere else....

I could always go the Craigslist route I guess.

4. ddehr026 macrumors 6502

yeah I remember that one. I haven't seen anything since. I would keep an eye on slickdeals, a lot of times people will post some decent deals on new macbooks. Maybe set up a deal alert for yourself too :)