Deals on used Canon Gl2, GL1

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Brendon1234, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Brendon1234 macrumors newbie

So I've gone through literaly hundreds of cameras and have come across the Canon Gl2. It seems to be the only one with decent reviews and within price range. I'm wondering if anyone knows anywhere where I can snag one of these used for $900-1200. I've heard of others getting these Cameras in this price range (Which seems to pretty much be a steal) but these deals seem to be hard to come around.

2. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

at $1200 you're getting very close to the price of a used DVX100/100a/100b... which is a much better camera (MUCH better).

I'd look at the marketplace on DVXuser.com and see if there's anything you can afford.

3. 321estrellas macrumors 6502

321estrellas

I'm selling my Canon GL2. Here's the link to my ad: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pho/1118378380.html (note that the $1400 is CDN, which is about $1150 USD...factor in shipping too)

I'm not gonna lie, the DVX100 is indeed a much better camera and if you can find one on dvxuser for the same price, by all means get it. I only listed $1400 because DVX100's in my area are selling for quite a bit more ($2000+ CDN) and of the several cameras I've sold on Craigslist, I've never sold it for the original asking price, so I expect people to offer less, which I may take anyway (of course, if I list for my minimum-asking price, they'll offer even less)

4. usedcamcorders macrumors newbie

5. knello macrumors member

knello

I'm not sure why anyone would want a miniDV camera in 2010. A newer consumer grade camera is better than an older prosumer one, since the jump to HD was such a big deal. My HV30 has a better picture than my XL-1s, and the only real advantage the XL-1s has is better manual controls and XLR inputs. It usually comes down making a choice if I want to impress people who look at my camera, or people who look at my footage.

I'd look at AVCHD cameras in your price range.

6. gødspeed macrumors regular

gødspeed

The HV30 uses miniDV...

7. knello macrumors member

knello

Well, so does the HVX200, but I wouldn't call either a miniDV camera.