Deals: OWC Discounts HomePod to $189.88 ($110 Off)

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

MacSales is discounting Apple's HomePod to $189.88, down from the retail price of $299.00. This is for a brand-new HomePod (White), but there are caveats to the sale: the HomePod will come in "Bulk (Non-Retail) Packaging," which essentially means you won't be getting Apple's typical HomePod box, but instead a plain, nondescript box.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with OWC. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

MacSales includes a 1 Year OWC-fulfilled limited warranty with the HomePod, so you won't receive a warranty directly from Apple. That being said, MacSales is a trusted Apple reseller with a solid reputation so those who missed out on the holiday HomePod deals should visit OWC's website before the offer expires.

Once it's been added to your cart, you'll see the OWC instant rebate of $30 appear on the HomePod at the checkout screen. The Space Gray version is available for $194.88 as well.

Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Article Link: Deals: OWC Discounts HomePod to $189.88 ($110 Off)

jbpiv3

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2019
Love both of mine. What’s holding me back from buying two more? The fact that each HomePod is considered two unique devices on my Apple Music account. I’m maxed out on devices already. There is no reason multiple HomePods tied to the same WiFi network cannot be seen as one device. Until then... I’ll wait.

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
New York City
Love both of mine. What’s holding me back from buying two more? The fact that each HomePod is considered two unique devices on my Apple Music account. I’m maxed out on devices already. There is no reason multiple HomePods tied to the same WiFi network cannot be seen as one device. Until then... I’ll wait.
they can be seen as one device...you have to group them...if that is what you are referring to.....I 4 homepods, I have grouped 2 of them together, and it appears as 1 device in homekit and music app...is that what you mean? don’t know if you can group more than 2...but like I have said I grouped 2 and when I tell music app to play off that single speaker music comes out of both...if you hold down homepod icon in homekit, under settings there is a group option, click on that and it shows the rest of your homepods you can group with...I don’t do that anymore because it see the two as one and only 1 will respond to siri going forward, something annoyed me about the group feature don’t really remember though, so I don’t use it anymore

Reactions: Macaholic868

jbpiv3

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2019
they can be seen as one device...you have to group them...if that is what you are referring to.....I 4 homepods, I have grouped 2 of them together, and it appears as 1 device in homekit and music app...is that what you mean? don’t know if you can group more than 2...but like I have said I grouped 2 and when I tell music app to play off that single speaker music comes out of both...if you hold down homepod icon in homekit, under settings there is a group option, click on that and it shows the rest of your homepods you can group with...I don’t do that anymore because it see the two as one and only 1 will respond to siri going forward, something annoyed me about the group feature don’t really remember though, so I don’t use it anymore
They are in two separate rooms. I have one in my living room, one in my bedroom, and the other two new ones would be put in two separate bedrooms. I like the freedom to lisrwn to my music in the bedroom while the wife is listening to hers downstairs.

adm58

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2007
The fact that each HomePod is considered two unique devices on my Apple Music account. I’m maxed out on devices already.
I don't think this is correct. None of my HomePods show up in my list of authorized devices. See this:

Alan Wynn

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2017
That is odd, as I have 7 HomePods groups (8 HomePods with one being a stereo pair) and I have had different music streaming on all of them as well as on my iPhone with no problem.

jbpiv3

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2019
That is odd, as I have 7 HomePods groups (8 HomePods with one being a stereo pair) and I have had different music streaming on all of them as well as on my iPhone with no problem.
Wish I could! I have 3 phones on my family plan, a Sonos (which a HomePod would replace) and two current homepods. When I got my iPad Pro a few months ago, one by one each device was booted off Apple Music because I was at 7 devices. This stopped once I finally stopped logging in my iPad and just don’t use Apple Music on it.

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
Probably trying to offload the warehouses full of them ahead of a refresh since they don’t sell well. I’d get one for $149, but at this point it seems likely there will be cheaper ones coming and they will probably have line input if they follow the trend of recent Apple products becoming more functional. Heck, I’d get a new one at $299 if they added line-in since it has multiple user accounts now. It would finally seem useful. It just took them so long to get the software there and the price down.

Applebot1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
UK
Great sound. Would recommended buying one for this alone. Siri is just a bonus and not a reason to buy it.

sodajerk2

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2014

MacSales is discounting Apple's HomePod to $189.88, down from the retail price of $299.00. This is for a brand-new HomePod (White), but there are caveats to the sale: the HomePod will come in "Bulk (Non-Retail) Packaging," which essentially means you won't be getting Apple's typical HomePod box, but instead a plain, nondescript box.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with OWC. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

MacSales includes a 1 Year OWC-fulfilled limited warranty with the HomePod, so you won't receive a warranty directly from Apple. That being said, MacSales is a trusted Apple reseller with a solid reputation so those who missed out on the holiday HomePod deals should visit OWC's website before the offer expires.

Once it's been added to your cart, you'll see the OWC instant rebate of $30 appear on the HomePod at the checkout screen. The Space Gray version is available for $194.88 as well.

Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Article Link: Deals: OWC Discounts HomePod to $189.88 ($110 Off)
Best Buy was selling these for $199 through the Holiday shopping season. Looks like Apple is clearing out the inventory channels to get ready to introduce a replacement.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Be sure these OWC HomePods come with Apple warranty. I don't think they do.

jimbobb24

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
I’ll start buying when they hit $99
I was just at Best Buy looking through all the speakers. $199 is the normal price for this type of high end smart speaker.
- - Post merged: - -

Apple has since changed the policy.
See here ...
This stinks. I bought one but only use it to play music from my Apple TV. Disappointing if that is double counting.

russell_314

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2019
USA
If it’s in bulk packaging it’s most likely refurbished rather than new. It’s still not a bad deal

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
These put out great sound, and I would buy one *if* it only had a line in port to attach to the TV, turntable preamp, etc.
buy a new TV with airplay2/HomeKit support - Apple
- - Post merged: - -

If it’s in bulk packaging it’s most likely refurbished rather than new. It’s still not a bad deal
This is what concerned me - or possibly not good enough for regular packaging (ie scuffs)?