Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

If you're shopping for accessories to pair with your new iPad Pro, Verizon is discounting the Apple Pencil 2 to $103.99, down from $129.00. This is currently the best sale on the accessory, and it's the best deal that we've seen in a few weeks.

Apple-Pencil-25-off.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Verizon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The previous low price on the Apple Pencil 2 sat around $99.00, so Verizon's sale is just about a $5 difference in comparison. Verizon offers free two-day shipping, and you can also opt to pick up the Apple Pencil 2 at a local store.

Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains. If you're still shopping around for the new iPad Pro, check out our third-party retailer guide.

Article Link: Deals: Pair Your New iPad Pro With the Apple Pencil 2 for $103.99 ($25 Off)

Reactions: rgarjr

Force332

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2011
I had an original Apple Pencil with the original iPad Pro and later sold them. I now have the 2nd gen Apple Pencil I bought for the 2018 iPad Pro. It's crazy to me that Apple has never once reduced the prices. 5 plus years later the original Apple Pencil is still $99. I would have figured it would have got some sort of price reduction over time to get into more hands, especially when the entry level iPads gained support. Then again, looking at the AppleTV market and pricing, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Just sayin...

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2008
Thanks for this! 👍 I had placed an order for an Apple Pencil 2 this AM along with my new 12.9” IPP, but with the Verizon sale, you saved me $25 - plus tax. Thank you.

Samut

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2017
I was pleased to find a promotion for 2021 iPad Pro 11 and 12.9 which included the pencil for free with the purchase. As it usually takes a while for them to discount iPad Pro's I was quite happy with the deal.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 68040
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I hardly use my Apple Pencil with my 2017 iPad Pro. If and when I do upgrade I am unlikely to buy it again.

Pemberton_Malcolm

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2021
I was pleased to find a promotion for 2021 iPad Pro 11 and 12.9 which included the pencil for free with the purchase. As it usually takes a while for them to discount iPad Pro's I was quite happy with the deal.
Where was this promo?

Not at B&H, Amazon, or Best Buy.

best be sure the “pencil“ is not a capacitive stylus.

Samut

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2017
Pencil was the 2nd gen Apple Pencil. To clarify the promotion was most likely available only in Scandinavia.

I have had the iPad since the first generation but haven't had the pencil before as I haven't been sure whether I would have enough use for it to justify the price. Now that I have moved most of my occasional processing of raw photos to Lightroom on iPad it should make everything even bit more smoother.

tangfish

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Verizon website never works for me. I don’t know how anyone buys anything from them!

satchmo

macrumors 68040
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
I guess those images floating around last month of an Apple Pencil 3 with gloss finish turned out to be fake.

coolbreeze2

Contributor
Sep 24, 2009
I ordered the Apple Pencil 2 from Verizon online this morning and it has already shipped. I received the FedEx tracking number via email and the tracking shows it's already on the way to me. Great job Verizon. I appreciate the swiftness.

Razorpit

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2021
I guess those images floating around last month of an Apple Pencil 3 with gloss finish turned out to be fake.
I’m thinking maybe a WWDC item? Maybe with some yet to be announced special features in iPad OS 15.

Makes sense they’d be moving inventory now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.