Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Powerbeats Pro have returned to their lowest-ever price of $199.95 on Amazon, down from $249.95. This sale is the same one we've been tracking for the Powerbeats Pro since last fall, offering a solid $50 discount off the original price of the wireless headphones, and it usually only lasts for a few days.

powerbeatspropairing.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Every color of the Powerbeats Pro are being discounted as well, so you can get the Black, Ivory, Moss, or Navy for $199.95 today. All models include secure-fit ear hooks, are sweat and water resistant, and support up to nine hours of listening time on a single charge.

Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Article Link: Deals: Powerbeats Pro Return to Low Price of $199.95 in All Colors

Last edited:

GRT89521

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2018
They’ve been 199.99 directly from Apple for a while now. I’d spend the extra $0.05 and get them directly from Apple over amazon. Also, never buy AppleCare from Amazon it’s not returnable if you return the Apple product associated.

edit: I was wrong; Apple has them for $199.95 too.

Reactions: compwiz1202

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
They’ve been 199.99 directly from Apple for a while now. I’d spend the extra $0.05 and get them directly from Apple over amazon. Also, never buy AppleCare from Amazon it’s not returnable if you return the Apple product associated.

edit: I was wrong; Apple has them for $199.95 too.
AppleCare IS returnable, but it's better to buy directly from Apple as the Amazon people have no clue how to return it properly.

GRT89521

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2018
AppleCare IS returnable, but it's better to buy directly from Apple as the Amazon people have no clue how to return it properly.

I retuned a set of Powerbeats Pro right before Christmas and Amazon would not allow me to return the AppleCare+ that I purchased at the same time. Here is a screen shot and highlight of their policy.
C3565ADC-AD30-4B6D-BBCF-344727D18380.jpeg

Reactions: Wide opeN

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I retuned a set of Powerbeats Pro right before Christmas and Amazon would not allow me to return the AppleCare+ that I purchased at the same time. Here is a screen shot and highlight of their policy.
View attachment 890342
Then I guess sticking with Apple is the best option. BTW there was a poster on here that was able to return it, but it was a HUGE hassle. So ridiculous.

With Best Buy price matching Amazon, there's really no reason to order from there.

Reactions: shadowbird423

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
But those color combinations are still bad.

Black, navy, Moss, and ivory are bad? They seem like monotoned/subtle colors to me. But regardless, they’re all discounted, so I guess that’s a plus.

Biu_miu

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2016
I’m curious, what is the sales of these Beats. This product seems to be absolutely cannibalised by AirPods Pro, what is the target audience? Gym goers, that anyway use AirPods? Never have them seen in a wild...

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
I’m curious, what is the sales of these Beats. This product seems to be absolutely cannibalised by AirPods Pro, what is the target audience? Gym goers, that anyway use AirPods? Never have them seen in a wild...

My best guess would be:

For those that want better battery life and either don't want or don't like ANC (and thus don't want to pay for it either)...Also the earhook form factor might be desirable to some.

Given where APP are priced, these should be MSRP of $199.99 from Apple direct

(they are on "sale" for that, but should always be that price and then "on sale" for $159-179, etc)

All this overpricing and then "sales". meh. Feels cheap.
Tim is turning Apple into a fancy flea market.

Reactions: B4U

Marzzz

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2002
The Desert
Better and more secure for working out, the ear seal seems to work better (at least for me) then ANS, and for long flights the extra battery life is crucial.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The colour "combination"...
Why both the moss and navy have to get that ugly flesh colour "b"?

Honestly, I would never fret over something so minimal, as I probably care more about the functionality versus the aesthetic over the color of the letter. But that’s just me. I’m not saying you don’t have the option of being picky, but that’s a non-issue from my standpoint.

kriknosretep

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2019
These things are complete pieces of crap and won’t stay connected to my Apple Watch. They constantly disconnect without warning or notice. They also allow a ton of outside sound to come in.

Returned mine today.

Reactions: turbineseaplane
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.