Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Best Buy today kicked off a new weekend sale, this one timed to end on Monday at 11:59 p.m. CT, which is Presidents' Day in the United States. There are a few Apple products and accessories discounted during the sale, with solid prices on MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iPads, Apple Watch, Beats headphones, and more. For some of the sales listed below, you will need to be a My Best Buy member, which is free to join.

bb-pres-day-sale-2.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Although Best Buy's Presidents' Day sale includes $50 off the HomePod, our readers should remember that OWC is still beating this price. You can get the White HomePod for $204.99 and the Space Gray HomePod for $207.99 with OWC's one-year limited warranty. OWC's HomePods also come in non-retail packaging, but they are guaranteed to be brand-new HomePods, so this remains the current-best deal on Apple's smart speaker.

MacBook

iPad

• 10.2-inch iPad - Save up to $100 with lowest ever prices on Wi-Fi and cellular models
  • iPad Pro - Save up to $200 with lowest prices on select 12.9-inch models
Beats

iPhone

• iPhone 11 - Save up to $450 with qualified activation and trade-in
  • iPhone XS - Save up to $100 with qualified activation
Apple Watch Series 3

Miscellaneous

Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Article Link: Deals: Presidents' Day Sale at Best Buy Offers Best Prices on MacBook Pro, iPad, Powerbeats Pro, and More

jonarogers

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2017
Los Angeles
I was hoping the HomePod would go on sale again.
I picked one up during the last sale and have been very happy. I was surprised given the grief most people give it for being overpriced. The quality is amazing. And Siri is able to do a few things that my Echo/Assistant devices can't. For instance, when Belkin's WEMO service went down for a day a couple weeks back, Siri was still able to control my lights because it was integrated with HomeKit and didn't have to go through WEMO's servers. Redundancy is nice!

Reactions: nybear31

wtn

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2012
United States
OWC's HomePods also come in non-retail packaging, but they are guaranteed to be brand-new HomePods, so this remains the current-best deal on Apple's smart speaker.

Most people would consider a "new" HomePod to imply original retail packaging and Apple's one-year limited warranty, so I wouldn't say these are "guaranteed to be brand-new."

I believe these are essentially "like new" but I would like to know more about their provenance.

nybear31

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2012
Albany, NY
I picked one up during the last sale and have been very happy. I was surprised given the grief most people give it for being overpriced. The quality is amazing. And Siri is able to do a few things that my Echo/Assistant devices can't. For instance, when Belkin's WEMO service went down for a day a couple weeks back, Siri was still able to control my lights because it was integrated with HomeKit and didn't have to go through WEMO's servers. Redundancy is nice!

I completely agree. I picked it up to use as a speaker first and foremost. The sound quality is absolutely amazing - especially for the size. Using Siri with HomeKit is just extra to me. My husband who isn’t a tech guy now wants a HomePod in every room now to stream music in multiple rooms and to use Siri for controlling HomeKit accessories like the lights and thermostat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.