Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Satechi this weekend is offering 15 percent off sitewide, and 20 percent off sitewide if your cart reaches $100 or more in total. To get these discounts, enter the code EASTER15 for cart totals below $100 and enter the code EASTER20 for cart totals at $100 or above.

dual-vertical-laptop-stand-satechi.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Satechi. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Satechi is known for its wireless chargers, USB-C hubs, keyboards, cables, and other accessories, many of which are compatible with Apple products like the MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, iMac, and iPhone. Satechi has a hub showcasing all of its new products and we've highlighted some popular devices below, but remember that the codes will work sitewide and expire on April 17.

Head to our full Deals Roundup to get caught up with all of the latest deals and discounts that we've been tracking over the past week.

Article Link: Deals: Satechi Offering 15% Off Sitewide, 20% Off on Orders $100 and Over

BanjoDudeAhoy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2020
Do these stands assume that you never turn off your laptop and just put it to sleep?
Or do they use some kind of trick to turn on the shut-down laptop?

Because otherwise you’d have to get the laptop out, life the lid and plop it back in whenever it’s been shut down…

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Do these stands assume that you never turn off your laptop and just put it to sleep?
Or do they use some kind of trick to turn on the shut-down laptop?

Because otherwise you’d have to get the laptop out, life the lid and plop it back in whenever it’s been shut down…

Why would you need it to shut down, unless you're going on a long trip without it?

BanjoDudeAhoy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2020
Why would you need it to shut down, unless you're going on a long trip without it?
I guess it may be a preference thing but as soon as I know I’m not going to use my laptop for a while and I’m not going to need it to be instantly usable, I shut it down.

Mind you, I did have a room mate once who left his desktop on all the time as well.

nastysailboat

Cancelled
May 7, 2021
so I just got this stand in the mail. I have a dbrand skin on the top of my 16 inch MacBook 2021 only and I would say the dock is extremely tight with it. To the point where it doesn’t slide in all the way and it’s difficult to get it out without holding the dock down. The rubber insert is easy to remove and re insert so I just used an apple polishing cloth instead of the rubber insert. Just a heads up for those of you in the same situation.

Reactions: kkluth
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.