MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today is hosting a deal on Apple's 10.2-inch iPad from 2020, marking one of the first notable sales on this version of the iPad in months. You can get the 32GB Wi-Fi iPad in Gold and Space Gray for $299.00, down from $329.00.

f1600191751.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Apple introduced the new iPad in September 2020 with an upgraded A12 Bionic processor with Neural Engine. This iPad is the most affordable tablet in Apple's lineup, and today's deal on Amazon is the second-best price that we've ever seen for the 32GB Wi-Fi model.

If you're looking for a bit more storage, you can also get the 128GB Wi-Fi iPad on sale, priced at $395.00, down from $429.00. All colors are available at this price and in stock on Amazon.

For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

Article Link: Deals: Save Up to $34 on Apple's 10.2-Inch iPads, Starting at $299 for 32GB Wi-Fi

MhaelK

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2015
Any new rumors on an upgrade of the budget iPad?

Macrumos guide still says upgrade expected in spring 2021, which of course didn‘t happen😊

Comment

redscull

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
Honestly I'm not sure it even makes sense to update this model annually. I doubt the target audience is the kind that upgrades often. This is the model I buy for my children, and I try to space their upgrades to be only every four years.

I would expect the next budget iPad to use A14 chips, and I wouldn't expect it until A15/M2 is the current flagship. That I believe matches the pattern they've used the last couple iterations; skip a chip generation and always one behind current.

Reactions: uller6 and Zaren
Comment

Zaren

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2000
Or I could trade my 6th gen in to Apple for $190, bringing the new one down directly from Apple down to $288.88 with AppleCare. I mean, I'd have to get a new case and keyboard, which is an annoying additional purchase, but decisions, decisions...

Comment

MhaelK

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2015
Honestly I'm not sure it even makes sense to update this model annually. I doubt the target audience is the kind that upgrades often. This is the model I buy for my children, and I try to space their upgrades to be only every four years.

I would expect the next budget iPad to use A14 chips, and I wouldn't expect it until A15/M2 is the current flagship. That I believe matches the pattern they've used the last couple iterations; skip a chip generation and always one behind current.
Honestly, I totally agree with you about upgrading it.

However, macrumors themselves have listet on their page that a new upgrade with the Air Design and bigger screen is/was expected in spring 2021. I have family-member who just cracked the screen (But still Working for now). However, if such a upgrade is comming I would kick myself for recommend/buy the Old version, even if it is a great machine a the current price.

”Apple is working on a ninth-generation low-cost iPad with a 10.5-inch display and an A13 chip, which is set to be released in spring 2021. The tablet is also rumored to include 4GB RAM and it is said to feature a thinner, lighter design with a Touch ID Home button and Lightning port.”

Comment

GSWForever8

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2021
Well, I don’t like the fact that the Smart Keyboard doesn’t cover the back. The Apple Pencil doesn’t attach to it, which means that I might lose it.

Reactions: WildSky
Comment

Velli

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2013

People are on different upgrade cycles. I always cringe when pundits argue that the minor updates are “not worth the upgrade”. If I happen to buy a new one this year, I want to buy the best I can get right now, even if the update from last year is minor.

Comment

MhaelK

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2015
People are on different upgrade cycles. I always cringe when pundits argue that the minor updates are “not worth the upgrade”. If I happen to buy a new one this year, I want to buy the best I can get right now, even if the update from last year is minor.
I think there is a Big difference between something being “not worth the upgrade” and “wanting to get the best”, and I think both has its place.

Most products are not worth the upgrade every time a new version rolls, but most product are also meant to have a longer lifecycle than just one version - and in that sense not worth the upgrade is properly the correct frame of mind, compared to buying mindlessly. But I also agree that I/everybody should be happy about minor upgrades as it allows the consumers to always get the best product.

Due to the very stable prices Apple has always for me been a buy it right after a new upgrade or wait and get a discount when a new upgrade is announced if the Old model suits your needs. I think this is slowly changing, especially in the US with Apple products being on sale more often. While in scandinavia where I live prices on everything than the budget model are like written in stone for the entire lifecycle.

So I both agree and disagree with you😂👍

Comment

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
I got the 10.2 inch priced matched at Target for 299$ and then 5% more using Red Card.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.