MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon and B&H Photo are hosting solid deals on Apple's 2020 iPad Air lineup this week, with up to $79 off the 10.9-inch tablet in multiple colors. Both the 64GB and 256GB Wi-Fi models are available on sale at these retailers, including a new all-time low price for the 256GB model.

ipad-air-arrive-feature.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Specifically, you can get the 256GB Wi-Fi iPad Air for $669.99, down from $749.00, and this one is available in all colors except Space Gray. Amazon's sale marks a record low for the 256GB iPad Air, beating the previous low price by about $6, and currently only Amazon is discounting this model.

For less storage, you can get the 64GB Wi-Fi iPad Air priced at $559.00, down from $599.00. This sale is available in all colors, and they're all in stock and ready to ship today on Amazon. You'll find matching prices on B&H Photo in all colors.

For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

Article Link: Deals: Save Up to $79 on Apple's 2020 iPad Air, Including 256GB Wi-Fi for New Low of $669.99

Ken88

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2020
I would rather pay a little more and get iPad Pro 11-inch 2021 with M1..it’s shamed 2021 iPad Pro 11-inch does NOT have XDR display..well may be 2022 model?

Reactions: LHMac and Ion-X

Ion-X

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2017
NYC
Gotta be honest, these are not worth the premium price being asked. I picked up a regular iPad for much less and it’s super fast, super thin, and does everything that most people could ask it to do. $409 for 128 GB, which came down to $109 with a trade-in.

Who exactly is the Air for? People who prioritize aesthetics? Because pros are obviously to get a Pro for not that much more money.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
Gotta be honest, these are not worth the premium price being asked. I picked up a regular iPad for much less and it’s super fast, super thin, and does everything that most people could ask it to do. $409 for 128 GB, which came down to $109 with a trade-in.

Who exactly is the Air for? People who prioritize aesthetics? Because pros are obviously to get a Pro for not that much more money.
Better processor, speakers, display, design, more ram, and newer Apple Pencil support for a price that isn’t quite as high as a Pro but still gets you something better than the cheaper iPads. So it fills a price point easier to swallow than a Pro I guess. Sort of like a MacBook Pro 13” or the iMac 27”

Not that there’s anything you can’t really do even on a base iPad at the moment. Maybe come iPadOS 15…

Reactions: LHMac and Sebosz

sahni130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I can see both sides. (in response to the posts above). The best thing about the Air to me is Pencil 2 support- it is just more convenient. Screen is nice enough (but I just love OLED on the iPhone), build quality is excellent, speakers are better, and it's just quicker. That all being said, I am still returning my Air this week. I just cannot seem to make iPadOS work for me- not that I do anything fancy- just easier for me personally to use a MacBook. If the Air was the price of the iPad 8th gen, I would give it a chance, but for $729 (64GB cellular) + Pencil + case/keyboard, no way.

Not a knock on those enjoy and use iPads- just not for me. If it works for you, great.

B4U

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
Got my 256GB Air 4 for $599 from AAFES (and legally tax free).
I still think it is a good compromise between the more budget-friendly iPad and the iPad Pro.
The physical home button might be a main contributor for my decision.

HowardEv

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2018
Medford ma
I have NEVER watch her reviews on YouTube..I am sure she would said all the positives so she would continue to received more freebies in the future. No wonder I don’t received any freebies since I am just being too honest. Technology companies hate me☺️
iJustine's unboxing and setting up all the iMacs was hilarious to me. First she takes them out of the boxes and shows how great they look. But then, before she can turn them on, she has to cut the video, plug them all in, and when we see her again she is frazzled and it looks horribly messy! She says more work is needed on her cable management, but it'd better if they had a built in battery and came charged, ready to turn on, like a laptop or iPad does. And if they charged from a Thunderbolt cable...

HowardEv

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2018
Medford ma
I would rather pay a little more and get iPad Pro 11-inch 2021 with M1..it’s shamed 2021 iPad Pro 11-inch does NOT have XDR display..well may be 2022 model?
Is there anyone who would prefer to pay a little less for a lighter and thinner iPad without a battery, but has to stay plugged in? I still have my 2006 MacBook with a dead battery that has to be plugged in to work, so I permanently taped the power cable to it, and it's pretty easy to get used to it. Sure, I can't carry it from room to room without having to restart, but that only takes a minute or two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.