Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

There are quite a few discounts on the MacBook Air going on this week, including models from late 2018 and mid 2019. Sales can be found at Best Buy and Amazon, with as much as $350 off Apple's MacBook Air.

MR-BestBuy-MBA-Sale-Tag-Social.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Prices start at $849.99 for the late 2018 128GB MacBook Air, and $899.99 for the mid 2019 128GB MacBook Air. We've rounded up each model discounted in the list below.

MacBook Air Sale

Late 2018
[*]128GB - $849.99, down from $1,199.00 ($350 off, lowest ever) [Best Buy]
[*]256GB - $1,049.99, down from $1,399.00 ($350 off, lowest ever) [Best Buy]
Mid 2019
[*]128GB - $899.99, down from $1,099.00 ($200 off, lowest ever) [Best Buy]
[*]256GB - $1,099.99, down from $1,299.00 ($200 off, lowest ever) [Amazon and Best Buy] Best Buy is also continuing to discount a variety of Apple Watch models, including both the Series 3 and Series 4 versions of Apple's smartwatch. For these sales and more, be sure to head to our full Deals Roundup.

Article Link: Deals Spotlight: 2018 and 2019 MacBook Air Models Reach New All-Time-Low Prices (Up To $350 Off)

LuciusWrong

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
Proof that the about to be released machines will be a significant improvement!

Dont be a sucker and buy now. Atleast wait to see if you like whats coming next.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Most people don't need more than 128gb. If you're just using the web, 512 would just add unnecessary cost to the machine.
Yeah, "despicable" is an awfully strong word. I'm a power user, with a Boot Camp Windows partition and two Virtual Machines on my MacBook Pro, yet I fit just fine on a 256 GB SSD.

Sure, I wouldn't have to use iCloud Documents if I had a 512GB, but iCloud is smart about making the important files available offline.

And yeah, if I did heavy video editing (I do some, but not a lot) on my laptop, more space would be better. But your average MacBook Air user isn't doing either of those (heavy video editing or running multiple virtual machines.) My wife has never come close to running out of space on her 128 GB MacBook Air.

The only currently-shipping system I would call "under-spec" is the base 13" MacBook Pro at 128 GB. Even the base "Pro" model should come with 256 GB.

Elwe

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006
Still too expensive for what they can do.

Honestly, I don't see how this is so. Looking at the other options on the market of roughly this size/weight, power, and capability . . . this deal seems like a solid price.

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Pretty good deal. It’s sad that 256GB SSD isn’t the base configuration yet.

I used to buy 256GB SSD, but never really used that much.
iTunes is in iCloud.
Gaming on the Mac is impossible.
Mac App Store is pretty lacking (soon that will change, hopefully)

I wonder if you should wait until Black Friday?

LuciusWrong

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2019
It's despicable that Apple sells anything less than a 512 GB SSD in any of their machines.

If Apple was serious about pushing their cloud service, they would give us zero user accessible storage.

Happily they havent taken this direction, but there are people who seriously think that "the cloud" is the future. (i.e. Oh praise thee, thou most magnificent and glorious cloud, who poseth no data security threat whotsoever unto us, your humble uploaders and downloaders.....)

GeoStructural

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
If Apple was serious about pushing their cloud service, they would give us zero user accessible storage.

I agree. And reward people who are invested in the ecosystem by giving them 5 GB per device instead of 5 GB split among all the devices. I currently use four Apple products daily and I find ridiculous the amount of storage they give me. I refuse to pay for iCloud when there are better and cheaper alternatives out there.

Microsoft cloud service is cheaper and gives you world-class software. Google's offer is cheap, powerful and ubiquitous, Amazon's is also great. The so-called "privacy" Apple claims is a fallacy and besides they rely on Amazon Cloud Service... So...

thebez

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2008
Those who are defending the 128GB model have no idea what SSD chips cost when you buy them by the million. The cost difference between the manufacture of a 128GB device and a 512GB device is less than $20, yet Apple charges $400 for the privilege. I am an Apple user almost across the board, but let’s not make excuses for Apple exploiting their monopolies on their operating systems.

And yes, I’m going to be buying an Air tomorrow. 256GB.

FairlyKors

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2018
Staines, East London
Most people don't need more than 128gb. If you're just using the web, 512 would just add unnecessary cost to the machine.

If you don’t need more than 128GB you probably don’t need a MacBook Air either (or any kind of “real” computer).

If you’re using a laptop for something more than just a web browser you’re almost certainly manipulating files in some form—which will end up using storage for both programs and the files themselves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.