Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

After an all-time-low price hit the AirPods with Charging Case last week, a few new retailers have now discounted the more expensive AirPods with Wireless Charging Case. You can get the Qi-compatible version of the 2019 AirPods for $164.99, down from $199.00 ($34 off) at both Amazon and Adorama this week.

airpodshandson.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This is one of the lowest prices we've ever tracked on the AirPods with Wireless Charging Case among the major Apple resellers, which previously sat at $169.00 for a few weeks on Amazon. For those interested in the standalone Wireless Charging Case, Adorama offers the accessory for $64.99, down from $79.00 ($14 off), which represents another low price in this sale.

Apple updated the AirPods in March 2019 with with "Hey Siri" support and various connectivity improvements thanks to the updated H1 chip. We routinely keep track of the most notable AirPods discounts in our dedicated Best Deal on AirPods guide, so be sure to check it often if you're on the hunt for new AirPods.

Otherwise, our full Deals Roundup has a wide-ranging recap of all the best Apple-related sales happening right now.

Article Link: Deals Spotlight: AirPods with Wireless Charging Case Drops to $164.99 ($34 Off)

soheilk

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2014
Is the wireless charging case compatible with the just announced AirPods Pro? Actually is the case exactly the same? (It sounds super convenient and logical if it is but then it is an Apple product...)

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Is the wireless charging case compatible with the just announced AirPods Pro? Actually is the case exactly the same? (It sounds super convenient and logical if it is but then it is an Apple product...)

the cases are different shapes...actually almost looks like the flipped the case 90º

the new AP Pros come WITH a wireless case anyway. not sure if you could slip the AP1 or AP2 into the AP Pro case to charge...like a buddy's APs
[automerge]1572294000[/automerge]
and of course, I just bought a set of AP2s right after lunch for <$140 after tax and after I hit Confirm Purchase, I see the release of AP Pros. oh well, I saved some $ this way.

NutFlush920

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2011
Helluva time getting Best Buy B&M to price match. They claim to have never heard of this site. Got it for $67.99 which they claim is their cost from Apple.

soheilk

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2014
the cases are different shapes...actually almost looks like the flipped the case 90º

the new AP Pros come WITH a wireless case anyway. not sure if you could slip the AP1 or AP2 into the AP Pro case to charge...like a buddy's APs
[automerge]1572294000[/automerge]
and of course, I just bought a set of AP2s right after lunch for <$140 after tax and after I hit Confirm Purchase, I see the release of AP Pros. oh well, I saved some $ this way.

yep, I just saw it! Of course AP Pro has a new case, what was I even thinking?!!!!!

bchery21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Boston, MA
Helluva time getting Best Buy B&M to price match. They claim to have never heard of this site. Got it for $67.99 which they claim is their cost from Apple.

Wait, you got the AP2 with wireless charging case for only $68 at Best Buy w/ price match or did I misunderstand?

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
V
Wait, you got the AP2 with wireless charging case for only $68 at Best Buy w/ price match or did I misunderstand?

That was my first thought too...then realized the price was closer to just the case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.