Deals Spotlight: Get the 2019 AirPods With Charging Case for $140 ($19 Off) and Wireless Charging Case for $70 ($9 Off)

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 25, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Amazon is discounting the 2019 AirPods with Charging Case to $139.99, down from $159.00. Apple just refreshed the AirPods last month with an updated H1 chip and "Hey Siri" support, and also launched the AirPods with Wireless Charging Case at $199.

[​IMG]
    Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Amazon is also offering just the Wireless Charging Case by itself at a discount. You can get the accessory for $69.99, down from $79.00 ($9 off). The Wireless Charging Case is aimed at users who have a pair of the original AirPods and don't want to upgrade to AirPods 2. By just purchasing the case, they can gain wireless charging features for the older model.

These are some of the first major discounts for the 2019 AirPods since they launched in March. Shoppers should note that the AirPods with Charging Case won't ship until May 7, 2019, and that the Wireless Charging Case will take 2-4 weeks to ship. It's unclear how long the sale will last, so visit Amazon soon to place an order if you're interested.

2019 AirPods Sale
    [*]AirPods with Charging Case - $139.99, down from $159.00 ($19 off)
    [*]Wireless Charging Case - $69.99, down from $79.00 ($9 off) More sales and bargains can be discovered in our Deals Roundup.

Article Link: Deals Spotlight: Get the 2019 AirPods With Charging Case for $140 ($19 Off) and Wireless Charging Case for $70 ($9 Off)

2. AZMecha macrumors regular

AZMecha

WTF!!!!! Are you kidding me. I pre-ordered mine $199...

Come to learn just after a month, it really isn't the next upgrade but a newer model will be available at end of year and now amazon has cut the price even more.....

I wish I could snap my $$$ back into my wallet an be a wait an see consumer.... :mad::mad::apple::apple::(:(

3. ricktat macrumors 65816

$199 version is still $199

Sold out but shipping in May for now.

The nice thing about Amazon is that you don't get charged until it ships. You can also cancel if you change your mind before it ships.

4. 69Mustang macrumors 604

69Mustang

That's sort of the price you pay for wanting to be on the bleeding edge, first adopter train. We all know that after the initial release period, some vendor is going to have a sale. That's with pretty much anything.

5. Jozone macrumors 6502

Does anyone think the upgrade is worth it from gen 1 to gen 2? I figure at this price it would cost me ~$40 after reselling v1.

6. jbass macrumors newbie

Anyone in the market for Airpods should considering buying both from Amazon. You get Airpods v2 and a backup charging case for $10 more than Apple sells a set with just the wireless charging case.

7. Lucky736 macrumors 6502a

Lucky736

The title is misleading, the wireless charging case models are the same price. I'd feel the same if they were actually 139 as well but it's just bad verbiage.

8. Lee_Bo macrumors regular

Lee_Bo

Still using (while typing this) my original AirPods and getting 6-ish hours of continuous music playback before one of them gives the low battery warning. They've also been through one cycle in the washing machine and drier. Whoops. :)

Attached Files:

9. WLS macrumors 65816

I want the rumored noise cancelling version to pay that much.

10. B4U macrumors 68000

B4U

I picked up the habit of not buying as they launch and wait until the AAFES has them in stock. That way, I could either buy it without tax, or see if other retailers have a sale.