Deals Spotlight: Get the 256GB 12-Inch MacBook for $800 ($500 Off) for a Limited Time

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 7, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Amazon is discounting the latest 256GB 12-inch MacBook to a new all-time low price of $799.99, down from $1,299.99. This is the lowest price ever seen on this model of Apple's Retina MacBook, only available in Space Gray during the new sale.

[​IMG]
    Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

B&H Photo is also discounting the 512GB 12-inch MacBook this week, with a sale that focuses on the Rose Gold and Gold color options, the former of which Apple eliminated in late 2018. Shoppers should note that the Gold option on sale is an older shade in comparison to updated models from 2018, but otherwise all internals are exactly the same.

Lowest-Ever MacBook Prices

[*]1.2 GHz, 256 GB, Space Gray - $799.99 at Amazon, down from $1,299.99 ($500 off)
    [*]1.3 GHz, 512 GB, Gold - $999.00 at B&H, down from $1,599.00 ($600 off)
    [*]1.3 GHz, 512 GB, Rose Gold - $999.00 at B&H, down from $1,599.00 ($600 off)
    More sales and bargains can be found in our Deals Roundup.

Article Link: Deals Spotlight: Get the 256GB 12-Inch MacBook for $800 ($500 Off) for a Limited Time

2. peglegjack macrumors 6502

peglegjack

Got a maxed out 2016 MacBook off Craigslist (Space Gray, 512GB, m7) in August 2017 for $1100, which is about what they're selling the Gold/Rose Gold versions for now when adding in tax. I have to say it's been pretty indispensable for grad school these last couple years. For that purpose, I couldn't think of anything better, though YMMV.

3. NickName99 macrumors regular

NickName99

I’d be a little concerned about the keyboards on these. Do they have a real fix yet?

4. Jimmy James macrumors 601

Jimmy James

A 701 day old computer with apparent reliability issues. Money in hand. Hard pass for now.

5. BWhaler macrumors 68030

BWhaler

6. smartbot macrumors regular

smartbot

In my opinion this is a much better deal than the current MacBook Air at these prices (not to mention this is much more portable)...

7. peglegjack macrumors 6502

peglegjack

For $800, I would take that MacBook all day over the Air, especially considering the CPU power is basically the same. Plus, you'd be surprised at how much more you take a laptop with you when it's as light as the MacBook is.

From my standpoint, this would be an obvious no brainer, unless you really need Thunderbolt 3(which seems to be more suited towards pro machines). I don't.

As far as the keyboard, I'm pretty used to it to the point were regular keyboards seem a little weirder. And if you're that worried about reliability, Apple provides 4 years of free repairs:https://www.apple.com/support/keyboard-service-program-for-macbook-and-macbook-pro/, which from what I've read are being done on site now. So yeah, people need to quit with the groupthink and mass hysteria about these kind've things.

8. soloact macrumors newbie

Please include the bleeping year of the advertised models in your article.

9. myrtlebee macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

No, they don't.

10. Stella, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019

Stella macrumors G3

Stella

Apple needs to sort out their product line.

MacBook Air, 12” MacBooks, various iPad models - too much duplication in their model range and confused model naming.

edit: typo.

11. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I bought one of these from B&H (going on 4 months ago for $700). No problems whatsoever. I use it for surfing the web and light video watching. So what if the computer technology is a few years old. It suits the intended purpose just fine. I use my iMac for the heavy lifting. This computer will do well for someone who needs a new one and has a tight budget. And if there is a problem with the keyboard the next 4 years, it is covered under Apple warranty.

12. magicschoolbus macrumors 65816

magicschoolbus

wish these were not so old and the keyboard was better

13. drumcat macrumors 6502a

drumcat

I don't mind the age; it could be handy. But I'm not letting anyone I know buy a laptop with a faulty keyboard.

14. Naaaaak macrumors 6502

Seems like every week there's a new $500 off special.

The Soy Keyboard is worth -$500.

15. Jimmy James macrumors 601

Jimmy James

Laptop / Desktop, Consumer / Pro.

Jobs’ simplicity was genius.

This is becoming a mess.

16. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

This laptop doesn't have the rubber for quieter typing and better keyboard durability. Not going purchase the Macbook with Apple keyboard without that condom on it.

17. technole macrumors 6502

technole

Really the only mark against the MB, still 2nd gen as it is loud as heck but I still love it.

18. lambertjohn macrumors 6502a

It's a great little computer. Perfect for the writer in the family. Yeah, the keyboard may or may not act up, but Apple includes a four-year warranty on the keyboard, so you're protected for 1500 days from date of purchase. By then, you'll want to upgrade anyway. Love the 12" Macbook!