Deals Spotlight: PayPal on eBay Has $100 iTunes Gift Cards for $85 [Updated: Working]

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 22, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

PayPal has returned with the latest 15 percent discount on App Store and iTunes gift cards this week, offering customers the chance to get the $100 gift card for $85 on eBay. This matches previous iTunes gift card sales on PayPal's Digital Gifts eBay storefront, which we haven't seen for a few months.

[​IMG]
    Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with eBay. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

To get the discount, head to eBay and click "Buy it Now" on the iTunes gift card's page. The 15 percent discount is automatically applied, and once you complete your order it will be delivered to you via email within a few hours. The sale is only available to customers in the United States.

App Store and iTunes gift cards can be used to pay for iCloud storage, to rent films on iTunes Movies, and even on subscriptions to Apple Music, Netflix, Hulu, and more. Thanks to sales on the gift cards, you're able to save a little bit of money on these purchases, so be sure to visit PayPal on eBay this week if you've been looking to stock up on iTunes credit.

If you're shopping around on iTunes Movies after purchasing the gift card, Apple has debuted a new Marvel-themed sale this week in preparation for Avengers: Endgame. The sale has a collection of Marvel Cinematic Universe films for $9.99 and under, including the first two Avengers movies, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Thor: Ragnarok, and more.

Under $10: The Avengers
    [*]Captain America: Civil War
    [*]Avengers: Age of Ultron
    [*]The Avengers
    [*]Thor
    [*]Avengers: Infinity War
    [*]Iron Man 3
    [*]Thor: The Dark World
    [*]Ant-Man and the Wasp
    [*]The Incredible Hulk
    [*]Ant-Man
    [*]Spider-Man: Homecoming
    [*]Thor: Ragnarok There are also a few MCU movies at $14.99 ($5 off), including Black Panther, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and Doctor Strange. Check out our full Deals Roundup for even more sales happening this week.

Update: PayPal is currently restricting the iTunes gift card sale to pre-approved buyers only, requiring shoppers to email the seller to be placed on a list for purchasing the card. We've reached out to PayPal and eBay for more information, and will update this article with any details they provide.

Update #2: The iTunes gift card deal is now live for all U.S. shoppers.

Article Link: Deals Spotlight: PayPal on eBay Has $100 iTunes Gift Cards for $85 [Updated: Working]

2. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

I never seen that before. It says only for ppl who are pre-approved.

3. jbro1999 macrumors regular

Yup.. Same thing here.

4. Spartan Weaver macrumors newbie

Spartan Weaver

Says I need to be pre-approved and email the seller? I just did, awkward email. Please pre-approve me so I can buy your stuff. Thanks.

5. earthTOmitchel Contributing Editor

earthTOmitchel

Staff Member

Hey guys, yeah sorry about this. I didn't go through with a purchase until after we pubbed and then I saw that weird note. I'm reaching out to see what this is about...

6. Spartan Weaver macrumors newbie

Spartan Weaver

Thanks! Curious to see what this is about, never seen that before.

7. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

This is very strange. I've purchased the very same iTunes gift cards on eBay from PayPal countless times before. Maybe this is the case of some people abusing the discount?

I'm certainly curious to see what PayPal and/or eBay has to say.

8. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 68000

H3LL5P4WN

It's weird because they're listed as a "Seller you've purchased from before," which I have, obviously.

9. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

Interesting, The Incredible Hulk is still owned rights by Sony. Great movie though best of any Hulk save for the 70’s TV show. Love that Lou is in every version really cool guy.

10. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

This preapproval thing seems awkward. What are they trying to prevent? Its already no-refunds and paypal owns the payment mechanism.

11. Spartan Weaver macrumors newbie

Spartan Weaver

Update: I'm able to purchase now, not sure if it's the 50 emails I sent saying how stupid this is, or if they lifted the restriction.

12. earthTOmitchel Contributing Editor

earthTOmitchel

Staff Member

It appears to be working now everyone! Looks like the sale kind of went live early, without actually being available to purchase.

13. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

I requested access and was able to purchase about 30 minutes later. I'm not sure if I was approved, or if they removed the requirement as I didn't receive any response or notification.

14. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 68000

H3LL5P4WN

Just a heads up; they aren't accepting PayPal Credit for this.

15. ignatius345 macrumors 68020

These sales are great. I've reupped my iTunes credit three times in a row this way, which means essentially I'm getting 15% off every app, in-app purchase, video rental, iCloud storage plan...