Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Satechi today kicked off its back to school sale, offering 20 percent off sitewide through August 22 at midnight. To get the deal, enter the promo code BK2SCHOOL20 during the checkout process on Satechi's website, and you'll get 20 percent off your order.

satechi-3.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Although the code is available to use sitewide, Satechi has collected a few products in a back to school section. These include the Quatro Wireless Power Bank, Slim W3 Wired Backlit Keyboard, Aluminum USB Headphone Stand, and more.

Hubs and Adapters

Power and Charging

Peripherals

Desk Accessories

If you're on the hunt for more discounts, be sure to visit our Apple Deals roundup where we recap the best Apple-related bargains of the past week.

Article Link: Deals: Take 20% Off Sitewide at Satechi During the New Back To School Event

4jasontv

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2011
I like the Trio Wireless Charging Pad, but why do these manufactures think that adding AirPod indents makes the product better? All it does is limit the usefulness of that spot until eventually, its presence makes the pad obsolete.

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
It would be cool if that keyboard pictured in the photo was in stock. That looks like a good design that shortens the keyboard but still allows full numpad access and is pretty much exactly what I've been looking for. I'm always sliding my full size Apple keyboard around depending how much space I need for the mouse. I use one of those giant deskpad mousepads but still always manage to run into the right side of my keyboard.

Mick-Mac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
I looked at that keyboard picture and immediately thought it was a BlueTooth keyboard, but alas it is wired. Also, I thought the key labels were kind of too small. Oh well, no sale here.

EDIT: Well, I went to their site and they do also have a BlueTooth and back-lit keyboard. I stand corrected. Now to let some temptation in...

EDIT #2: and of course it's out of stock :-/.

entropys

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
I have the satechi Bluetooth (non backlit) keyboard and mouse at home. Nice looking kit and goes well with my Mac setup.
TBH though, I actually find the dell (gasp) Premier Wireless keyboard and mouse equivalent (which also has wifi) that I have at work just as good looking, connects more reliably (as long as you aren’t using multiple machines, see below) and is much cheaper. The Premier mouse looks cool, and I find fits my hand better. yMMV.

I also have more keyboard errors on the Satechi, a lot of double lettering, which doesn’t happen on the Dell. Switching laptops OTOH works much better on the Satechi. That function often causes problems on the Dell Premier but almost never on Satechi.

The dells don’t have a built in battery either, so pros and cons there.

In most cases I would never go the Dell. It’s funny, I would never buy a Dell computer, but I like its higher spec mouses and keyboards, backpacks and ultrasharp monitors.

Last edited:

Suspended
Mar 6, 2021
I have the satechi Bluetooth (non backlit) keyboard and mouse at home. Nice looking kit and goes well with my Mac setup.
TBH though, I actually find the dell (gasp) Premier Wireless keyboard and mouse equivalent (which also has wifi) that I have at work just as good looking, connects more reliably (as long as you aren’t using multiple machines, see below) and is much cheaper. The Premier mouse looks cool, and I find fits my hand better. yMMV.

I also have more keyboard errors on the Satechi, a lot of double lettering, which doesn’t happen on the Dell. Switching laptops OTOH works much better on the Satechi. That function often causes problems on the Dell Premier but almost never on Satechi.

The dells don’t have a built in battery either, so pros and cons there.

In most cases I would never go the Dell. It’s funny, I would never buy a Dell computer, but I like its higher spec mouses and keyboards, backpacks and ultrasharp monitors.
I feel the same way about Microsoft, but I used to love their peripherals. Their ergo keyboards used to be fantastic.

Until I’m ready to drop the money on the Apple Keyboard with TouchID, I’m very happy with my Kensington K780 keyboard. Great feel, multi-device support, works with Windows and Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.