Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Sonos today rolled out a new Lunar White color option for the Sonos Move Bluetooth and AirPlay 2 speaker, which originally launched last year. If you're a healthcare worker or first responder, Sonos is offering a special 20 percent sitewide discount for all of its audio products, including the new Sonos Move.

Sonos-30-off-NOW-IN-WHITE.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Sonos. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The Sonos Move is also getting a new software update that provides an extra hour of battery life, resulting in a total estimated playback time of 11 hours (via The Verge). You can pre-order the new Lunar White Sonos Move for $399 on the Sonos website today, and it will begin shipping on June 30 in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and China.

Regarding the sitewide deal, all healthcare workers and first responders can take 20 percent off a single purchase on the Sonos website. If you fall into this category, you can shop on the Sonos website for the company's speakers, sound bars, or other audio accessories, and add the items to your cart.

You'll find a green button asking to verify your credentials with ID.me on this landing page, which will ask for your information and work affiliation. After you've been verified, Sonos will grant you a one-time use code that is valid for 20 percent off a single purchase. Following your purchase, you won't be able to get another code.

This code is valid on all Sonos products and can be used on any purchase worth up to $1,000 before the discount. You can find the promo code box to enter it on the same checkout screen where you clicked the ID.me button. Head to Sonos.com to browse for some of the company's best speakers.

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Deals: Take 20% Off Sitewide at Sonos if You're a Healthcare Worker, Including the New 'Lunar White' Sonos Move

Capeto

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2015
Or you can sell the 20% code for big $ on eBay if you have no interest in Sonos gear...

Ohhh, I already got a Move and the small soundbar last time around when they offered 30% off to healthcare workers, but I could go for some beer money right now.

Edit: It's not letting me redeem a new code since I redeemed the 30% code last time, but for anyone interested these 20% codes seem to go for $60 on eBay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Victor Mortimer

Aston441

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
"Thank you for risking your life to save others during a global pandemic. As a token of our gratitude, please buy our products, and allow us to use your service as marketing bait for our hot new releases."

This.

The scuminess of US industry runs so deep, I no longer give a damn about anything all in America. May it all collapse.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Apple should have bought Sonos a long time ago...
Apple could make everything Sonos makes if it chooses to. Apple bought Beats awhile back, but IMO Beats remained largely stagnant as Apple focused on its own line of audio products.

Apple moves deliberately slow (too slow for my taste), whereas companies like Sonos like to throw everything against the wall and see if they stick. If Apple acquired Sonos, I don't think Sonos would be still producing as many devices as it is now.

Reactions: brand

bbodine

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2009
Looks like this doesn’t apply to pharmacists. As usual...

I was not able to take part in the 30% off discount because they validate you through ID Me. I sent an email to them and they replied asking for a picture of my work badge and then called me and placed the order for me. I picked up the Arc 30% off. Worth a shot if your in the market for something.

Reactions: slamtennis

acorntoy

Contributor
May 25, 2010
Apple could make everything Sonos makes if it chooses to. Apple bought Beats awhile back, but IMO Beats remained largely stagnant as Apple focused on its own line of audio products.

Apple moves deliberately slow (too slow for my taste), whereas companies like Sonos like to throw everything against the wall and see if they stick. If Apple acquired Sonos, I don't think Sonos would be still producing as many devices as it is now.

Apple bought Beats for their music service, not for their physical products, they let the physical products continue because they do make a small profit (in the large scheme of Apple) and it helps the “cool” factor of the brand to young adults.

Reactions: SBlue1

CarlJ

Contributor
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Say what? Have you ever actually looked at Sonos? They only have a handful of products and a reputation for not updating their products fast enough, such that enthusiasts are constantly clamoring for new models. And of making only spendy upscale products. And of supporting their handful of products for quite a long time. Remind you of anyone? Their company style is a decent match for Apple, and they both have an interest in computerized networked upscale audio systems.

Sonos is one of the few companies I would like to see Apple pick up (most of the other company names bandied about over the years would not have been good fits). The only problem with Apple buying Sonos is that part of Sonos’ appeal is working with an incredible number of streaming services (you have to provide the necessary account credentials, but they’ve built interfaces to everybody). If Apple bought them and said, “well, now we’re dropping all the other streaming services, it’ll be Apple Music only going forward”, there’d be a riot.

• Disagree
Reactions: SBlue1 and Jandalf

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
"Thank you for risking your life to save others during a global pandemic. As a token of our gratitude, please buy our products, and allow us to use your service as marketing bait for our hot new releases."
Coming from an ER nurse, someone who is insanely obsessed with music, I am super appreciative of this offer. Everything is not for everyone, don’t be a black cloud.

Thinking of ordering the entire entertainment set but it seems the discount maxes out at $200 off.

CarlJ

Contributor
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
It’s actually pretty pathetic people are selling codes that were meant for first responders and health care professionals. Greed at its finest.
Well, to be clear, it’s the first responders and healthcare professionals themselves that are selling the codes, so they have chosen how to use them. It’s not like some hooligans beat up the first responders and stole their codes, or hijacked a truck full of codes somewhere. It’s just that some first responders have decided they’d rather have the $50ish from eBay or similar, instead of using the discount code themselves.

I see selling these codes as a somewhat gray area, as it’s clearly not what Sonos intended, but you make it sound like first responders and healthcare professionals are somehow being deprived or slighted, when it’s they themselves who are selling the codes.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
Sonos Move in black backordered until July 31?? WTH?
[automerge]1592360836[/automerge]
It’s actually pretty pathetic people are selling codes that were meant for first responders and health care professionals. Greed at its finest.

Free market at its finest.

mw360

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2010
Indeed, this is so disgustingly cynical.

Maybe not disgustingly cynical, but this thread is absurdly cynical. A special offer for healthcare workers is immediately (a) exploited for free cash (b) called an evil plot for marketing purposes (c) used as some weird anti-anti-discrimination political jab. And the thread is only 20 posts deep.

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlJ and peg27

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Maybe not disgustingly cynical, but this thread is absurdly cynical. A special offer for healthcare workers is immediately (a) exploited for free cash (b) called an evil plot for marketing purposes (c) used as some weird anti-anti-discrimination political jab. And the thread is only 20 posts deep.
Welcome to the new way of human thinking. It’s absolutely dreadful.

shigzeo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2005
Japan

Helping out health workers by giving them a discount on a thing they don't need, which will help your bottom line and give you a virtue soapbox from which to preach. Capitalism SMH.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.