Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

We're tracking a pair of last-minute Christmas deals on Amazon today, including a record low price on the 21.5-inch iMac and free Amazon gift card credit with the purchase of an Apple Gift Card.

21.5-inch-imac-holiday.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Starting with the iMac, you can get the 21.5-inch iMac (2.3GHz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) from mid 2020 for $799.00, down from $1,099.00. This is now the best price we've ever seen on this version of the iMac.

This iMac is an older model, so it has the classic silver aluminum design with a large black bezel, and doesn't have the M1 chip. Amazon also has the 2020 27-inch iMac (8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) on sale for $1,399.99, and both of these desktop computers can deliver before Christmas.

Next, Amazon is offering $10 in promotional credit when you buy the $100 Apple Gift Card. Simply choose a design for the Apple Gift Card, select the $100 denomination, enter a recipient, and then enter the code APPLEDIGITAL at checkout.

apple-gift-card-pink-holiday.jpg

The Apple Gift Card will be delivered via email, so you don't need to worry about shipping delays if you're shopping for stocking stuffers. Only one gift card can be purchased per customer, and Amazon hasn't specified how long this sale will last.

Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Deals: Take $300 Off 21.5-Inch iMac and Get $10 Amazon Credit When Buying $100 Apple Gift Card

• Sad
Reactions: Wayfarer

rgwebb

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2005
Waiting on Amazon to pay me to take their stock then I'll forward the package to a recycler.

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Just installed boot camp on an iMac Intel. Can’t do that for the 24” M1 models.

R3k

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2011
Sep 7, 2011
Waiting on Amazon to pay me to take their stock then I'll forward the package to a recycler.

Intel or no, Apple anything still fetches a good price on eBay. Professional operations buying them up and shipping them back to Asia

Nicole1980

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2010
Absolutely nobody should be buying that 21.5inch iMac anymore.
Agreed. But I worry that a lot of first time Mac buyers still grab that model, not knowing the difference.

So, with that horrendous spinning drive (or even the slightly less crappy fusion drive) these people end up getting a bad experience and then think Apple computers are crap.

In other words, even selling this thing at all hurts their brand name.

alien3dx

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2017
Agreed. But I worry that a lot of first time Mac buyers still grab that model, not knowing the difference.

So, with that horrendous spinning drive (or even the slightly less crappy fusion drive) these people end up getting a bad experience and then think Apple computers are crap.

In other words, even selling this thing at all hurts their brand name.
by name , i always buy the basic . By perfomance bad is ram with spotlight indexing. For price value , consider as crap . 4 gb ram on linux is okay but 4 gb on mac is horrible.Need at least 16 gb and ssd and apple should think it first before but too late.

TheOtherAndy

macrumors member
May 20, 2018
Outside Milwaukee, WI
That thing was overpriced by 2x even when it was introduced.

If you really need a small Intel iMac better look out for a used specimen of the last proper 21.5" from 2019. 3.xGHz Quadcore, dedicated Radeon GFX and 4k for about the same price (if not lower)
Lower, actually. I just bought the iMac you described for $650 as an open-box from Best Buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.