Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today we're tracking a collection of deals on the iPad Air at Amazon, all of which represent all-time low prices for these tablets. The sales are focused on the 5th generation iPad Air, which has a delivery date as soon as August 10 for select colors.

ipad-air-purple.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

You can get the 64GB Wi-Fi iPad Air for $499.99, down from $599.00. This one is on sale at this price in three colors, and most have an estimated delivery date between August 10 and August 13.

Secondly, the 256GB Wi-Fi iPad Air is available for $649.99, down from $749.00. This model is available in two colors, and both are in stock and ready to ship today.

Lastly, you can find a few cellular models on sale right now on Amazon. The 64GB cellular iPad Air is on sale for $629.99 ($119 off) and the 256GB cellular iPad Air is on sale for $799.99 ($99 off).

Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Article Link: Deals: Take Up to $119 Off iPad Air on Amazon, Starting at Record Low Price of $499.99

Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

segfaultdotorg

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2007
It has that awful protruding camera wart on the back. I can deal with it on an iPhone because I actually use it to take photos and because the cases work around it, but it's pointless on an iPad.

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
Tbh, M1 Ipad Pro 128gb for $600 is the sweet spot. Apple also has them refurb for $640 usually. 3% back on Apple Card gets you right around that mark. Smaller bezels, faceid and of course that ProMotion display.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
It has that awful protruding camera wart on the back. I can deal with it on an iPhone because I actually use it to take photos and because the cases work around it, but it's pointless on an iPad.
While I agree that for most of us, there's no need for the highest-quality camera in the iPad. However, I do think there is a benefit to the camera bump itself — it results in iPad cases that are more robust, as the manufacturers strive to accommodate the bump.

segfaultdotorg

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2007
While I agree that for most of us, there's no need for the highest-quality camera in the iPad. However, I do think there is a benefit to the camera bump itself — it results in iPad cases that are more robust, as the manufacturers strive to accommodate the bump.
I appreciate the thinness/lightness of the products, and have mixed feelings about the "more robust," larger cases. I tolerate the fully wrapped cases on a phone, because I usually keep my phone in my pocket, and it's going to get dropped every so often. I have one of the magnetic flip covers on my 8th-gen iPad (and my iPad mini 2), which only cover the screen, and those are perfect for those applications, but I've not really seen them for the wart-afflicted iPads. Do they even still have the side magnets for that type of cover?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.